Sign in to follow this  
m16a2m203

MT-lb

If you make the on top sitting soldiers make only the MT LB version not the other versions espesialy not the medic one cause a wounded soldier that is sitting on APC will take realisim off xmas.gif

Sitting on the top is cool and all but if your going into the heat of combat and your sitting out in the open on top of a BTR-70, your not gonna have a good day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Dec. 29 2002,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sitting on the top is cool and all but if your going into the heat of combat and your sitting out in the open on top of a BTR-70, your not gonna have a good day.<span id='postcolor'>

i prefer getting shredded of by bullets than being grilled inside the vehicle , and it's already often been discussed in other threads

I did not try to place cargo proxies on top of the vehicle yet, but I guess it would be similar to the driver/commander. They would just not be visible!  confused.gif

PSC

Thanks for the 'light pack'...this helps alot in the multiplayer realm! One item I found with the installation of this is that it also adds a 'desert ofp objects' category in the editor which includes the shed, wreck, etc, in the list, but the items will not come up in the editor. I know these items were removed from the light pack, but some of them still show up inthe editor. Thanks again for the light pack!

Oh... I'll fix that. It will be tweaked with the first big update.

PSC

Hope this isn´t too late but could you make own weapon class for the mt-lb machine gun so the sound could be modified?

I could (it's not too late). I just don't have a good source for a decent sound of a real PKT. And just to make the machingun sound different I did not want to add my own low quality sound.

PSC smile.gif

Well you could just use the bis default one like you do right no. Just make own class to it so it could be easily modified. Also adding soundcontinuous=0; to it would be very nice so you can add echoes and such to that firing sound.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you could just use the bis default one like you do right no. Just make own class to it so it could be easily modified. <span id='postcolor'>

Please Goeth can you explain me how to achieve that. When I try to open the pbo for check the config.bin/cpp I can't decompress it... So is possible to make modifications or you want to make external modifications that have to be supported by the config.cpp of PSC's Addon? Thanks!

Just download Kyllikki soundpack and you´ll see what i mean. I don´t have to depbo the apcrus or replace anything from inside. I just need to know the new weaponclass name which must be different from the bis one and that´s it. But if the mt-lb uses bis weapon class then i can´t modify it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 31 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well you could just use the bis default one like you do right no. Just make own class to it so it could be easily modified. Also adding soundcontinuous=0; to it would be very nice so you can add echoes and such to that firing sound.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll try out what happens if I do that when I make the update.

smile.gif

Have a good New Years Eve!

PSC

My suggestion would be to use the sound of the OFP infantry PK, not the sound of the other tank MGs.

Happy New Year, yes! smile.gif

Yes i would also suggest that you use the default bis pk sound if you can´t find better but i also suggest that make own weapon class because that gives option to change that sound if you don´t like it. This may sound a bit whining to most people but it´s never a bad thing to give people options especially when it comes to sounds.

Happy new year to everyone! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just download Kyllikki soundpack and you´ll see what i mean.<span id='postcolor'>

thanks Goeth! Now I get your idea smile.gif

I didnt go through the whole thread(forgive me) but was there any type of  resistance side snow versions planned?

They seemed to have gotten ripped off in that department.

Great pack btw! smile.gif

Hey PSC, any updates on the getting-the-men-on-top front?

Were you able to make them visible again? I really hope you found a way to make it work, that would be awesome. Oh and another thing, i know this may sound a little bit 'whiny', but the texture on the ring-hatch (don't know what else to call it) seems a bit streched out. Now i don't wanna sound like a jerk or something, but if you have the time (and the will offcourse) could you fix that?

Arch.

Units with turn out and turn in function has no ability to be visible when they are turned in it is not possible to fix it cause it is in the OFP engine confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but was there any type of resistance side snow versions planned?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that I'll make a snow version for ze Resistonze. I'm a bit fed up with the MT-LB and I'm more in the mood to start a new addon instaed of creating a new set of textures.

I'm working on the ZU-23-2 at the moment and after that I have to concentrate a bit more on university. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey PSC, any updates on the getting-the-men-on-top front?

<span id='postcolor'>

I did not figure it out yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. sad.gif

Regarding the hatch, I'll take a look at that. wink.gif

PSC

P.S.: If you find something else strange just tell me. I'm always happy for a good bug report.