Sign in to follow this  
m16a2m203

MT-lb

whats wrong with some people?

here you got a perfect addon but the is a piece of paper blocking the view of the commander? you like to be the commander and command the AI fast, left left left? well i dont use commander so much and if you want to get a good view press V

i...am...flabbergasted.......

This is..... the BOMB!

We are not worthy, oh mighty addon-gods.

(throwing myself in the dust, casting away my eyes)

Thanks guys, for one of the best xmas presents i got this year.

L8R,

TopCover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whats wrong with some people?<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here you got a perfect addon but the is a piece of paper blocking the view of the commander? <span id='postcolor'>

Yes the addon is perfect but I just give my point of view about the paper. The addon is so perfect from outside and so nice inside that I was sad to have to see those papers in the hand of the commander all time and I write it here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you like to be the commander and command the AI fast, left left left?<span id='postcolor'>

yep.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> well i dont use commander so much and if you want to get a good view press V<span id='postcolor'>

please think that others can think different than you and enjoy play with the commander. So you like the papers in the hand of the commander? ok, I have no problem with that (lucky one). Hope you don't have problems with the ones (unlucky ones) that don't like them there wink.gif

Lay off, he expressed his views in a civil manner, and I get his point <doesn't bother me personally, I'm used to crowded interiors>

Please scale up the barracks buildings, yes it's Xmas, but I don't think Santa's elves have any military facilities <I might be mistaken on that>

I must say that this is one helluva good looking addon and it´s also very useful. Great job!

They dont show up in the mission editor for me...

I installed them into my OFP addons file, just as it shows in the setup, Is this because I have version 1.90, or should I install to my RES addons folder?

(btw) from the screen shots, they look like great work!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Dec. 25 2002,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I fixed this "plane" bug on top of the MT-LBV. Thanks for the hint. This plane actually is a useless part of the hull. I deleted it.<span id='postcolor'>

Is there a new download where this is fixed or will it come later??

First off, this is an excellent addon, and quite the pleasent xmas surprise biggrin.gif  

However like any first release theres some stuff that could be improved.  First off, someone already suggested it and I think its a great idea: break it into different pbos (think it was suggested winter and non-winter versions for normal Russian, CSLA, and Naval Infantry).  I think the majority of us dont really need the 3 different versions of each unit with only a minor logo changed and they are just wasting space.  Perhaps you could add the logos as textures for use with the SetObjectTexture command (like the choppers in SEB Nam Pack2).

Other Stuff:

- Im not sure how much time it would take but it would be nice if you could fix the forrest pic on the gunners sight.  Its sorta weird when youre looking at it then switching to optics and seeing youre in the middle of a flat desert lol.

- If you use the v optics with the hatch opened, there is a green line (front of the hatch) across the screen.  This isnt really a big deal but could you make it so that the view is either entirely blocked or not blocked at all please.

- After looking at the other tanks in the game I believe the proper light scheme is 2 green in the front and 2 red in the rear.

- The unarmed version of the standard MT-LB is kinda useless and a waste of space.  Why use one without a gun when you can have one with a gun biggrin.gif

- What is the point of being able to move the mudguards.  It kinda seems like a useless animation.

- Could you make the Ambulance be able to trasnport injured soldiers please, it is a battlefield ambulance after all. Maybe you could put one of the cargo positions on a strectcher in the back in a laying down animation (Again like the dustoff chopper in Nam Pack).

-  It is sorta hard to distinguish the repair version from the others.  Could you add a repair symbol somewhere or even better yet, a crane or wrecking hook to make it look like a MT-LB Wrecker (not sure if this is real).

- Could you change the yellow texture on the SA-13 to green.  That yellow makes it stick out like a sore thumb on the battlefield which is usually a bad idea  tounge.gif

- And finally the missing lod on the SA-13 which you already know about.

Well thats just my 2 cents, enough rambling for me today biggrin.gif   Again, thanks for the excellent addon and Happy Holidays xmas.gif

as everyone else has said this is a fantastic addon, but i did notice a small thing, when i was using the MT-LBv there was some kind of polygon floating about 50m above each vehicle, it definately doesnt look like its supposed to be there so i thought id mention it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Dec. 25 2002,00:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I fixed this "plane" (or polygon) bug on top of the MT-LBV. Thanks for the hint. This plane actually is a useless part of the hull. I deleted it.

PSC <span id='postcolor'>

is he talking about the same thing? as this isnt 'on top' its way above and not directly over the vehicle

well i noticed it was the same thing... It's not necesserily 'sitting' on top of the vehicle. (correct me if i'm wrong)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 26 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is he talking about the same thing? as this isnt 'on top' its way above and not directly over the vehicle<span id='postcolor'>

yah its the same thing smile.gif

I'll comment a few things:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No complaints about the rusty-barrels

<span id='postcolor'>

Thats cool! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The wheels go "crazy" on some of the tanks... they roll around and stuff. Drive off the cliff near davle with each of the things and look at the wheels and you'll see what I mean.

<span id='postcolor'>

I realized this too. But it seems to only appear from time to time and on all of the versions. Would be cool to get some more feedback on this bug (at the moment I have no clue what could cause it).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They dont show up in the mission editor for me...

<span id='postcolor'>

As someone said, it's in a custom addon directory called "Project - Lavos". You don't need to put them into the Resistance Addon folder though (it doesn't matter where you put it in to be exactly).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I think the majority of us dont really need the 3 different versions of each unit with only a minor logo changed and they are just wasting space<span id='postcolor'>

The summer Soviet, CSLA, and Naval Infantry versions all come from the same model. Also the winter Soviet, CSLA, and Naval Infantry versions are only one model. Only the logos are replaced (so no exceeding waste of filesize).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im not sure how much time it would take but it would be nice if you could fix the forrest pic on the gunners sight.  Its sorta weird when youre looking at it then switching to optics and seeing youre in the middle of a flat desert lol

<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe I'll replace this image with some more "universal" background image.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you use the v optics with the hatch opened, there is a green line (front of the hatch) across the screen.  This isnt really a big deal but could you make it so that the view is either entirely blocked or not blocked at all please<span id='postcolor'>

The green line is the hatch. If you close it while in optics view you will see that. I'll think of a solution for that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The unarmed version of the standard MT-LB is kinda useless and a waste of space.  Why use one without a gun when you can have one with a gun  

<span id='postcolor'>

I realized myself that in MP games the map makers quite often remove the guns or ammo from the vehicle because they only want protected but unarmed vehicles for the players. With this version I save a bit of work for the mapmakers (they don't need to remove the gun manually).

And since it is only a few lines in the config and does not waste space...  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the point of being able to move the mudguards.  It kinda seems like a useless animation

<span id='postcolor'>

It's useless, thats true... But I like it anyways  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you make the Ambulance be able to trasnport injured soldiers please, it is a battlefield ambulance after all.  Maybe you could put one of the cargo positions on a strectcher in the back in a laying down animation (Again like the dustoff chopper in Nam Pack)<span id='postcolor'>

I might add some stretchers in the cargo compartment for transportation. I underestimated that you guys are all so hot for beeing transported in the ambulance tounge.gif (I know that the only thing you want to know is if there is a hot nurse in the back =) ).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is sorta hard to distinguish the repair version from the others.  Could you add a repair symbol somewhere or even better yet, a crane or wrecking hook to make it look like a MT-LB Wrecker (not sure if this is real)<span id='postcolor'>

If I find a good idea for an easy solution I'll try to make it more distinguishable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you change the yellow texture on the SA-13 to green.  That yellow makes it stick out like a sore thumb on the battlefield which is usually a bad idea  

<span id='postcolor'>

As I said, yellow is my personal bias in this case. But there might be futur versions of the SA-13 with different colored rockepods

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is he talking about the same thing? as this isnt 'on top' its way above and not directly over the vehicle

<span id='postcolor'>

It is the same thing. Maybe I chose the wrong words. On top in this case means everything for me that is above the vehicle.

Besides, this bug also causes that you can't open/close the hatches on the MT-LBV from the interior.

PSC

P.S.: What do you mean with this? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...yes it's Xmas, but I don't think Santa's elves have any military facilities <I might be mistaken on that> <span id='postcolor'>

Hi there PSC! Here Vik (again hehe)

Please check these pics I just take... Just found some bugs in textures of the LODs of the SA13...

Pic 1 and 2... When I make a zoom out the texture of the great flag mirrors to the other sid....

sa13_a.jpg

...zoom out a little and opppss! mirror... smile.gif

sa13_b.jpg

Pic 3... Again when I zoom out and the LOD change behind the flag appears a strange white "square"... Please check  the Zoom included in the pic for better view...

sa13_c.jpg

Other things...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe I'll replace this image with some more "universal" background image.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes great! Replace the forest one with some grey or just black with some bright inside one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's useless, thats true... But I like it anyways <span id='postcolor'>

Like that detail also smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As I said, yellow is my personal bias in this case. But there might be futur versions of the SA-13 with different colored rockepods<span id='postcolor'>

I like the yellow one! I saw some pics of this unit and have the rocket pods of tha color...

Now an idea biggrin.gif  If you can make other versions with other colors like other fans ask please can you make those versions without the magazines in hands? Trying again hehe...  So yellow=magazines, green=no magazines. Can be so happy!

Thanks!! Come on PSC! please, as you can see I love to play with the addons and view them in a CLoooOSsssE way wink.gif

Like you say...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The summer Soviet, CSLA, and Naval Infantry versions all come from the same model. Also the winter Soviet, CSLA, and Naval Infantry versions are only one model. Only the logos are replaced (so no exceeding waste of filesize).<span id='postcolor'>

Have some more extra versions I think will don't affect the MB size wink.gif and you will make many childs happy xmas.gif hehe

Vik

Note: humor sometimes doesn't translate smile.gif

PSC, to be clear, the buildings are about 1/2 the size they should be, It's a minor thing, only noticable when you park a vehicle in them <An SA-13 should just barely fit, the others should fit quite easily>

Don't waste the holidays worrying about it, for chrissake go have some eggnog smile.gif

P.S. An idea to make the repair version easier to ID, "junk it up" have boxes, cables, gear jumbled on top.

When I was in recovery, we could spot another recovery team M113 in a tank park full of M113's just by the incredible amount of junk lashed to the top biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't waste the holidays worrying about it, for chrissake go have some eggnog

<span id='postcolor'>

Roger that! I don't worrie about that anymore.  biggrin.gif True true, languages sometimes are difficult things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks!! Come on PSC! please, as you can see I love to play with the addons and view them in a CLoooOSsssE way<span id='postcolor'>

What would you think if I would replace them with a map? A map that looks a bit like the ingame maps but don't show any detail?

PSC

[EDIT]Thanks for the hint to the flag bug. I'll fix that ASAP.[/EDIT]

Hey PSC!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the hint to the flag bug. I'll fix that ASAP<span id='postcolor'>

Your welcome! Love that flag you place there. If I found other things I will post them. Is great that you always read us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What would you think if I would replace them with a map? A map that looks a bit like the ingame maps but don't show any detail?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah!! Like a lot that idea. Believe me that I thought in maps also! biggrin.gif Thanks a lot. You make Vik happy today and now I really stay waiting anxious for the next release. Thanks!

Cya!

sa-13 stoped load strela while i've shot the first 4 on my computer.

it may be a bug

1041054293.jpg

Hey Zook!

Thanks for the report. It's not a bug though. The reload times are just very long. Each of these yellow boxes contains just one missile. In real life, after they shot the first 4 missiles, they would have to manually reload the missiles (get out of the vehilce, open the rear doors, get the missiles out of the vehicle, manually attach them to the mounting, etc.). Thats why I made the reloadtime a bit long.

PSC

But the way the ammo counter eads it looks like there are another 4 for reloading after you've fired the first 4.

When you're empty, the counter reads 4/1 (as above) - it should probably read 0/0 to avoid confusion.

Yes, there are another 4 for reload. Altogether the vehicle carries 3 x 4 missiles. 4 in the pods, 8 inside the rear compartment. And in fact they will be reloaded. But it takes a few minutes to reload them.

PSC

P.S.: We released a "light" pack of the addon with smaler size (~4,7 MB) but less units (only soviet MT-LB's (Summer pattern).

Could you allow soldiers to sit on top oof the vehicles, like that new BTR-70 (also somwhere on this page). That would be awesome. Make it that the first troops go in the inside of the vehicle, and after its full, make the soldiers sit on top.

I suppose you could borrow the same animation as the BTR. Sitting on top not only looks cool, its practical too, a apc could transport more units that way .

Great work with this addon, absolutly suberb quality!

Arch.