Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Operation northstar sig tank pack v 2.0 beta is ou

Sigma-6 has completed work on his tank pack update. There are many fixes as well as 2 new tanks for your gaming enjoyment.

Adversary Tank Pack V 0.2 Beta

All models have been updated, the track skirts are separate parts now on the models, so if you look under them you will find that the tread is now a complete unit. There are idler wheels under the skirts, and generally a lot more detail on the running gear.

The M84 and M84A4 now have the steel track cover on the front removed, as per the former-Yugoslavian versions of these tanks. The M84A4 has a rubberized mudguard there.

The T90 has the rubberized mudguards as distinct parts as well, just like the M84A4.

There is significantly more detail in both the textures and the models themselves above the running gear on all tanks.

A new version of the Iraqi T72 has been added, without track skirts, as many Iraqi tanks appeared in the Gulf as such.

Armour on all models is now much more realistic, as shots to different parts of the tanks will show.

Tanks now darken (burn out) by location when damaged.

Ammunition behaves more realistically.

A Chinese Type-98 has been added, for fans of the PLA. It has realistic weapons, sounds and armour, as well as an entirely new model. I consider this a nod to the excellent author of 'ZTZ98'.

The angle on the NSVT is raised now, so it no longer passes through the gunner's head when turned out.

Several transparency bugfixes

Each tanks now has a full set of resolution LODs. Tanks should now appear full and complete at all distances and magnifications.

Get it on the vehicles page.

Hey! The good thing that Argentina have pretty the same time zone like Canada... there in Europe all are sleeping while this side of the world download the new version LOL j/k

I will post my thoughts about the new pack for sure but before THE question arise better place the direct link to the download place so you can download them faster biggrin.gif

http://www.operationnorthstar.com/vehicles.html

I see that the quality rise even more in these release. Amazing work Sigma-6 !! I will write you about the NSVT... wink.gif

Now is time to check the tanks in a cllooossee way and sure I will prepare a new tank replacement with them for the official campaigns and missions so instead the original T72 you will can play with these models...

Vik

Those Models look very good, but when i was testing them i found that the FireGeometry must be a real pice o shit.

Almost on every tank it is possible to shoot throu certain parts like the tracks and from some angles you can even shoot a missile straight throu the turret  sad.gif

Shouldn't have been realeased so early, because with those bugs their almost unusable in the game   sad.gif

Q: Do you re-release them with a working FireGeometry or will

we have to wait for the next Tank-Package

I don't have that probelm and can't emulate it. Can you be more specific on exactly where bullets pass through. If it's really bad for you I suggest you delete it from your add ons folder and wait for a non Beta version.

fglod.jpg

Ok, after nearly one hour running around your tanks and shooting at them with different weapons i discovered that it is not a problem on all tanks .

On the iraqi tanks it is possible to shoot throu the left front wheel and half of the second.

Strange is only the Type 98, you can shoot rockets and tank-shells throu the rear part of the turret, but all riflebullet are stoped correctly.

Much props for this pack! I like the way the textures get darker when the tank gets hit.

Are there going to be more tanks in the pack in future releases? Some T-80 versions would be nice.

Wow, really great work, I can´t believe this is still beta! smile.gif

Just two small things:

1. The Type 98 only has a "MGun" with 500 bullets.

2. I´m not sure, but don´t the mg´s, like the PKT, have to be reloaded, or do they shoot 2000 bullets uninterruptedly?

The new tanks killed my mission I made with your old version. sad.gif I am going to have to find the old version again and redo the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ Dec. 21 2002,18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The new tanks killed my mission I made with your old version.  sad.gif  I am going to have to find the old version again and redo the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm...same thing here. All my missions are now inaccessible and I deleted the old pack...could someone give me a link to the old pack?? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just read that there`s a new tankpack out<span id='postcolor'>

Hey ShadowY!  Thanks for the news. Didn't read it before at any other place...

Just download the new versions (Adversary Tank Pack V 0.5 Beta and T80s beta 0.3 ) and don't have to say that Sigma-6 did it once again with these outstanding tanks for the game. The new periscopes details are great, adds a lot and the new textures are top quality!

But I have/see a little bug here... This maybe is becuase the way Voodoo 3 3000 handles textures sad.gif

Please check the this pic... As you can see the tracks of one side looks very weird (the texture looks little at the top part and well at the low one) and the other one looks full fine. It happens here in all T72s and M84 versions. The T80s ones are fine in both sides... Please Sigma-6 can you check that for me. U know I really like this pack and sure others are out there still with Voodoo's and maybe they see the same problem.... I double check config here and all is normal. Is strange that one side is ok and the other not... Well here is the pic for a better example of this strange thing:

sigma-6_t72.jpg

[edition] Just check that T90 tracks here also have that same problem sad.gif

Thanks Sigma-6, the new additions are so nice!

Vik

ps: commander turn-out position is fine now, thanks! wink.gif

Great as always but why are the

M84

M84A4 Snajper

T72M1-CZ

T72S

T90S

in the resistance armoured now instead of east armoured??

[EDIT]

To vikingo.

Think its as you said your voodoo 3. I have a Gforce 2 GTS and dont have the problem. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great as always but why are the

M84

M84A4 Snajper

T72M1-CZ

T72S

T90S

in the resistance armoured now instead of east armoured??

[EDIT]

To vikingo.

Think its as you said your voodoo 3. I have a Gforce 2 GTS and dont have the problem.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

S versions are export versions , M84's and CZ t72 are ukraainian and czech and with resistance side, you can set them as allies with the east or as enemy

-edit- thx dkraver smile.gif , the m84 is yugoslav

ok.

The m84 are yugoslav  wink.gif which you should know since you have been in bosnia. smile.gif

the tanks are fantastic, but please, please add groups for each of the tanks, its very annoying the have to go through and place them the long way when there are so many of them, its a pretty easy thing to add but it would make things a lot easier...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok.

The m84 are yugoslav  wink.gif which you should know since you have been in bosnia.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh , sorry but i'm not a tank fanatic tounge.gif

all i know about these M84 is that they have the basic shape of the t72 , and the only ones i've seen where on burnt on the sides of the roads smile.gif

i was more busy neutralising its ammo than looking for its origins tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 20 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok.

The m84 are yugoslav  wink.gif which you should know since you have been in bosnia.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

all i know about these M84 is that they have the basic shape of the t72 , and the only ones i've seen where on burnt on the sides of the roads smile.gif

i was more busy neutralising its ammo than looking for its origins tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its basicly a T-72 but built in yogoslavia with their updates and such. Little Info here.

And thanks for removing the ammo  wink.gif althought the only one's i climbed around on down there were some T-55's and some APC.

Was there under Nato with NORDPOL-BAT Danish Sfor team 7. From Bosanski Brod in the north to Maglaj in the south, no big cities east and west for reference points, but based at Doboj, Camp Valhalla.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the tanks are fantastic, but please, please add groups for each of the tanks, its very annoying the have to go through and place them the long way when there are so many of them, its a pretty easy thing to add but it would make things a lot easier...

<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed,...........................again. Don't know why they haven't bothered to do it yet. confused.gif

In future version it would be a convenience if the T90 were split from the T-72s so that missions which use the T-90 can more easily distribute the necessary addons with the mission. SOme missions may use one or the other...however, this is certainly not a huge deal...the addon is a nice piece of work regardless of how the distribution decisions are made. Keep up the great work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 20 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Jan. 20 2003,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok.

i was more busy neutralising its ammo than looking for its origins tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its basicly a T-72 but built in yogoslavia with their updates and such. Little Info here.

And thanks for removing the ammo  wink.gif althought the only one's i climbed around on down there were some T-55's and some APC.

Was there under Nato with NORDPOL-BAT Danish Sfor team 7. From Bosanski Brod in the north to Maglaj in the south, no big cities east and west for reference points, but based at Doboj, Camp Valhalla.<span id='postcolor'>

heh , nice

my unit was a "flying unit" we went from base to base to do what we were asked smile.gif

during my first trip , i've been mainly attached to one of the french camps in the region of Bihac right after its "siege"

and the second trip well .... i can't say too much smile.gif