draoth

Host server with UPNP suddenly doesn't work anymore.

I've enjoyed playing some custom missions with my friends, but i was always the one that made the missions and hosted them. But since a month or so (Tank DLC)  my friends can't see my server anymore and we've tried all possible ways to join: "Join friend", "Direct Connect" "Friends" "Recent" "Filter by host" "Filter by mission". We've even got so far to try to join with the launcher browser. When we tried that they see my server name and can enter the password but they crash when the game starts. My brother is able to join, proberaly since we live in the same house. I didn't touch any router settings and my firewall isn't blocking the network. Any ideas?

Haven't tried UPnP but a workaround would be to open the following port range in your router.

2302-2306 UDP (or both UDP/TCP if you can't select only UDP)

open ports not needed or just because of inexperience can be risky...

you need open portrange 2302-2305 UDP and singleport 2306 UDP on your router and make sure that UPnP is enabled

and disable not needed windows firewall (a way more safe firewall already installed as a standard on most modern routers)

or create a firewall rule for the arma3.exe

see if internet service provider giving you a proper ip;

login to modem page, check your dsl or whatever internet IP there.

then go to what is my ip or some website like that to see if both match. if they don't,  means you have shared ip and you cannot host anything. ISP's give a shared ip and in return you pay them extra for a static ip. happens a lot here these days.

Hey, this is a few years after, but I suddenly had this issue happen to me today. No updates on my PC happened, I haven't restarted it, I opened all the ports mentioned above aswell and I'm getting the "check UPnP/IGD on your router" error, anyone knows something to do about this these days?

P.s: Love goko--'s picture, big fan of that album from Faith No More, lol.

Same for me. I don't understand why my router is not reachable (192.168.1.254) on my ethernet/CPL linked PC (which can access internet with no problem), but I can reach it in WIFI laptop. The problem is that router can open uPnP (no clue for IGP) and port forward ports for custom games, but it attributes this rule to the laptop only??? Why this selectivity??? So, my main PC seems to ignore these rules. No error on laptop, "fail to port forward upnp/igp" or something like that on my main PC.

Any hint for that? Thanks

tried any virtual LAN software yet?

Yup can confirm this is still happening to me. I am back cause now it's started happening to one of my friends aswell. It was working fine for him by August since I had him host our games since I couldn't anymore, but today we realised he has the same issue now. We can't host private games anymore.

Hate to necro, but months later, tried a few solutions as they came up on and off but the issue is just as it was, just as it's been. Been having to just have my friends host.

hey got a question? does installing a vpn make upnp not work?

I got a vpn but then immediately uninstalled it because I didn't need it, after that point forward I couldn't host a server, idk if its the vpn or something else.

pls help

Same thing suddenly happened to me a few weeks ago, and I'm unable to solve it. I've used Google Nest Wifi and Upnp for years without problems. I can still join other servers, but my friends can't connect to me anymore (server not responding error message). No changes or updates are involved. Both Windows Defender and Google Nest router seems to be set up the way they should. If anyone can shed some light on this matter (in addition to the obvious facts stated above) it would be appreciated.

Same issue, need someone's help. UPnP was working a few months ago, and now that I came back into Arma it won't work anymore. I have automatic UPnP set and my prots 2302-2306 are already open. Tried resetting Firewall's rules (outbound and inbound) to see if any recent update had f*ed up stuff, but nothing changed. While hosting, the automatic upnp list shows that is using the ports (2302, 2303,. 2304 and 2306 on UDP). Please help.

After so many iterations, minor victories, I think we finally got 'er all sorted, top to bottom, front to back.

oops meant for another one

If anyone still has this problem, check that you have a public IP and not a CGNAT. I'm not an expert on the subject but CGNAT was the reason why I couldn't use UPnP for Arma 3 or anything else. I got a public IP for free from my ISP and it solved the problem.