tupolov

Community Factions Project

This mod is a breath of fresh air, very good. I would say in many ways the potential is higher than what RHS & extension mods (project opfor) offer thus far. I like and prefered RHS (mostly due to the weapons) to CUP units til this point. But the whole randomization feature, diversity and huge amount of spice that went into this is seriously making me think of sacrificing RHS for CUP and this. Decisions, decisions. Also the fact that I had headaches with alive and RHS didn't help much. Lots of hassle.

Looking forward to the next news and update. And intrigued by what the Ultimate version will look like once there is some news about it.

Keep up the fine work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georilla said:

This mod is a breath of fresh air, very good. I would say in many ways the potential is higher than what RHS & extension mods (project opfor) offer thus far. I like and prefered RHS (mostly due to the weapons) to CUP units til this point. But the whole randomization feature, diversity and huge amount of spice that went into this is seriously making me think of sacrificing RHS for CUP and this. Decisions, decisions. Also the fact that I had headaches with alive and RHS didn't help much. Lots of hassle.

Looking forward to the next news and update. And intrigued by what the Ultimate version will look like once there is some news about it.

Keep up the fine work.

Same for me, 3 years ago all the asset from cup wasnt really nice, now the weapon and texture are good and with CFP there is a lot more choice and better compatibility with a lot of mods + cup is more performance friendly so more enjoyable for huge persistent campain with Alive.

RHS is good for the people who like some details (Milsim/combined with ACE), but the performance cost is too much, and require compat to every addon that not made by RHS.

15 hours ago, Georilla said:

Keep up the fine work.

13 hours ago, damsous said:

Same for me, 3 years ago all the asset from cup wasnt really nice, now the weapon and texture are good and with CFP there is a lot more choice and better compatibility with a lot of mods + cup is more performance friendly so more enjoyable for huge persistent campain with Alive.

RHS is good for the people who like some details (Milsim/combined with ACE), but the performance cost is too much, and require compat to every addon that not made by RHS.

Glad you guys are enjoying the mod.  The initial goal of this was to create a "one stop shop" for mission makers with a wide array of options for scenarios by using a very small mod set.  It's grown exponentially since the beginning.  You can create an authentic Iraq conflict in one mission...then move to West Africa and the Mali conflict in another, followed by a fictional face off between Israel and Iran in another.  As a dev for CUP as well as CFP, it's been a lot of fun seeing the additions in both in that time.  I'm a huge fan of RHS, 3CB, and all of the other great unit mods out there and I feel like CUP/CFP is in a great spot to be used in conjunction with those great mods as well as on their own.

I will say we have some very exciting additions coming in both CUP and CFP for the next iteration. Again, glad you enjoy the mod!

• Like 6

Reading the recent news, what do you guys feel about a a source of inspiration for anything future related could be the Indian and Pakistani forces and the tensions surrounding Kashmir.

USSF2001.png?width=1618&height=911

"US Soldiers and Special Forces detain and question suspected Taliban.  Afghanistan...2003"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Hello! Can we expect update for russian SSO faction with all nice stuff that was added in last cup update?))

Most of the current CFP factions will have new goodies added in the next update which is very "soon".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As a followup, can we hope to see Iran and pre-2003 Iraq on opposing sides, a la 1980s? 

21 hours ago, warflak said:

As a followup, can we hope to see Iran and pre-2003 Iraq on opposing sides, a la 1980s? 

Not in this update.  There will be 1991 and 2003 era US forces as well as Gulf War/2003 Invasion era Hussein Regime Iraqi forces.  Iran Iraq War era units are a possibility in the future.

In the interim...we do have current day Blufor Iraq and Opfor Iran forces now that you could utilize for some interesting scenarios.

1 hour ago, autigergrad said:

Not in this update.  There will be 1991 and 2003 era US forces as well as Gulf War/2003 Invasion era Hussein Regime Iraqi forces.  Iran Iraq War era units are a possibility in the future.

In the interim...we do have current day Blufor Iraq and Opfor Iran forces now that you could utilize for some interesting scenarios.

Did you plan to replace Iran main battle rifle by the G3 added in the last cup update ?

CFP_SFOD.png?width=1618&height=911CFP_GulfWar.png?width=1618&height=911CFP_Saddam.png?width=1618&height=911CFP_SOBR.png?width=1618&height=911CFP_03_US.png?width=1618&height=911

cfp.png

VERSION 0.6.7 RELEASED

We are proud to bring you the latest update from the CFP Mod Team!  This update adds additional assets and factions to the already existing content, as well as several bug fixes and loadout revamps.

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

• Added 1991 Gulf War Era US Faction in both Desert and Woodland 
  • Added 2003 Invasion of Iraq/Operation Enduring Freedom Era US Faction in both Desert and Woodland
  • Added Saddam Hussein Regime Era Iraqi Faction
  • Added Israeli Marom Tactical Vest, X95 Bullpup variants, and Backpack
  • Added new BDUs and Raid Cut BDUs
  • Added Night Vision Script which automatically equips/unequips Nightvision for AI units based on Daytime/Nightime.  Script can be disabled through CBA settings and does not affect player units.
  • Adjusted Sudanese Conflict Factions to be more in line with real world Superpower relations
  • Added Armor/Mechanized units and groups to Taliban faction, Added MANPADS units to Taliban faction
  • Overhauled loadouts for multiple factions with new gear and weapons
  • Fixed incorrect weights on uniforms, vests, helmets, and backpacks
  • Added missing preview images
  • Download on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369691841

As always the CFP Team hopes you enjoy the mod!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Fantastic work as always!

CFP + CUP is definitely the new hotness 😍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Added Night Vision Script which automatically equips/unequips Nightvision for AI units based on Daytime/Nightime.  Script can be disabled through CBA settings and does not affect player units.

I think I'm doing this already through ASR AI, but I believe it only fires if the unit has NVGs already in the loadout.  Does CFP add the NVGs to the load out on it's own?  Just asking to see which one I'll disable.

Looking forward to playing with the new toys.  Thanks for the update!

No it doesn’t add them, merely equips and unequips if the unit already has some. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:23 PM, autigergrad said:

No it doesn’t add them, merely equips and unequips if the unit already has some. 

Perfect.  Thanks for the reply.

20191028214902_1.jpg?width=1618&height=920191028213051_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

Community Factions Project: Redd'N'Tank Compatibility Addon

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1901425710

This companion mod to CFP adds all of the wonderful Redd'N'Tank vehicles and static weapons to the CFP/CUP Bundeswehr.  Big shout out to Redd and Tank for their wonderful mod!

• Like 6

IDFMalden.png?width=839&height=472

cfp.png

VERSION 0.6.7.1 HOTFIX RELEASED

We are proud to bring you the latest update from the CFP Mod Team!  This hotfix update provides some quality of life improvements and bug fixes.

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

• Fixed NVG script error
  • Moved majority of unused insignias into the optionals folder to decrease editor load times
  • Fixed missing sniper rifle for US 1991 M107 Sniper unit
  • Fixed missing scopes on US 1991 and 2003 Sniper units

Download on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369691841

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, autigergrad said:

• Moved majority of unused insignias into the optionals folder to decrease editor load times

Damn! That reduced waiting time when clicking on unit from 30 to 2 seconds. Thanks!

• Like 1

Might as well take advantage of all of this quarantine time to work on another CFP Update.

SudanHilux.png?width=1620&height=911IranBTR80.png?width=1620&height=911ISISHilux2.png?width=1620&height=911ISISHilux1.png?width=1620&height=911

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Warning, this will probably be an incomplete and unhelpful report, but maybe now's the time to pass on what I saw since I started playing Arma again...

I had several CIA units with CFP vests.  These were the default random vests (with and without pockets) and it looks like either the vests or the uniforms on those units are casing weird shadows (LOD issues, I believe).  I'm sorry I don't have the specific items, but I think this might have been new after the last CUPdate.

All that said, thanks for continuing to update this.  It's a fantastic resource for mission makers.