_xetex_

Unofficial patch ArmA Resistance 2.01

The links are dead, and I had to reinstall my Arma CWA. Any possible way for me to get this patch? 

Downloaded fine for me. 

One question, are mods broken in this patch? 

Just loaded a couple of SP missions at random and they both gave me errors, missing content etc. In the 1.96 version of the game (i still have the GOG for it), all the expansion stuff goes to a Res folder where as here it does not may that has something to do with it i'm not sure. 

FPS gain is noticeable compared to version 1.96, would like it to keep it like that. Also, is this using more than one core now? I heard the Linux port is multi-treated, seems the game might work better in that platform than on Windows for a change if that's the same. 

you don't read with understanding, 2.01 is only for version 1.99

why does this unofficial patch fixes my issues with mouse/sensitivity for some reason when I play ARMA CWA or ECP mouse sensitivity is weird its hard to aim , I tried lowering the sensitivity but it still feels kinda weird. Does this unofficial patch have something to do with mouse sensitivity?

On 2/11/2020 at 2:24 AM, zygius461 said:

why does this unofficial patch fixes my issues with mouse/sensitivity for some reason when I play ARMA CWA or ECP mouse sensitivity is weird its hard to aim , I tried lowering the sensitivity but it still feels kinda weird. Does this unofficial patch have something to do with mouse sensitivity?

yep

Some notes about new script commands:

• ammoarray
Spoiler

Syntax:
    object ammoarray muzzleName
Return Value:
    array   
The second parameter is "muzzleName". If using wrong name, e.g. using weaponName on a weapon whose name isn't equal to any of its muzzle's name, the return array will be empty, i.e. " [ ] ".

And that array, the return value, will list all modes of current muzzle. The magazine's name and left rounds will be display for each mode.

Example 1:
<east grenadier> ammoarray "ak74muzzle" will return ["ak74", 30, "ak74", 30, "ak74", 30], corresponding to 3 modes of AK74.
The muzzleName is case-insensitive.

• SetVectorDirAndUp
Spoiler

Syntax:
    object SetVectorDirAndUp [array1, array2]
See https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/86426-setvectordirandup-usage-solved/?tab=comments#comment-1459492 for more information.

According to link above, the array1 should be treated as a vector meaning 3D-direction, and the array2 defines the "roll"(Euler Angle).

Thus if wish to set an object's 3D-direction without roll, one can write:

<object> setVectorDirAndUp [<3D-direction>, [0,0,1]]

BTW I don't know how to combine "setVectorDir" and "setVectorUp" simply to gain ideal effect as the sentence above. It seems "setVectorDir" is exactly equivalent to "setDir", and the "vectorUp" of a object created originally is [0,0,1]. IMO applying this 2 commands to set 3D-direction requiring prior calculation and hence not so convenient as "setVectorDirAndUp", which accept the 3D-direction directly as parameter. Maybe "setVectorUp" is more suitable for 3D-rotation requiring more intermediate variable but less conclusion(the result 3D-direction).

• Like 2