Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Finally some competition for ofp ?

Guest ####

There are a few things about this game that make it superior to ofp. The biggest one I see is they way damage for buildings and terrain is done (ADS), much better than ofp. I also like how a charater can be customized (UCS)with uniform and other details.

With these details though I don't think the modding community will be as strong, the extra complexity involved in the engine will make it frustrating for addon makers. I also wonder how large the maps will be, if they are smaller than ofp then it is a definate strike against it, this would limit the playablity of units like helis.

I think it`s too arcadish for my taste. I fear I can`t play any other military sims besides OFP anymore. sad.gif

I'll just wait for the demo and base my judgements on that. smile.gif

It looks little bit too arcadish for me right now but maybe my opinion changes. So far I'm expecting it to be too much of one man Rambo action. Seems like it's something between Delta Force series and OFP.

It looks pretty good. But Im not very thrilled about 3rd person shooters.

It still has a way to go before it can beat ofp. And besides I doubt you can make addons for the game too.

Well... the map (there is only 1) will be something like 6500 x 4000 kilomters (yes, kilometers), representing the Bearing Sea and North Pacific Ocean coast. I think I read that for MP games, the server host will be able to concentrate the game into a smaller area, like 32x32km.

Also, first person capability for infantry has been introduced. I don't know how the tanks and vehicles will work, though.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Mar. 22 2003,21wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks pretty good. But Im not very thrilled about 3rd person shooters.<span id='postcolor'>

They have changed it to have a 1st person view too.

Edit: Looks like Hellfish mentioned it too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Mar. 23 2003,08:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks pretty good. But Im not very thrilled about 3rd person shooters.

It still has a way to go before it can beat ofp. And besides I doubt you can make addons for the game too.<span id='postcolor'>

if the source code is realeased like they say, u should be able to do more with addons than in ofp.

In order to play those games I would have to improve my PC. I could have done so but today I decided to pay some of the money of my diving license. It is worth every penny.

I probably need another 3 months in order to upgrade my PC and threads like this about new games only hurt my EGO (cause i cant play them) sad.gif

I've been following it and I think it will be a good "tide-me-over-until-OFP2-arrives" game, especially since it will have mid-game joining, OFP1's biggest shortcoming.

But picking up tanks with a Blackhawk?  *belly laughs*

So funny to see that Battlefield: Vietnam is also going to have tanks transported by Huey helicopter!  Monkey see, Monkey do, I guess.  *scratches head and armpit and makes an "oh!" face*

And OFP2 just HAS to do whatever B:1942 does to maintain a connection.  Often I'll get a "connection troubles" message in B:1942 but things will eventually level out and I can continue with the MP game.  In OFP, once I get that "loosing connection" message, OFP just doesn't seem to know how to get back its grip on the server.

Oh, and lack of bullet travel time in Soldner is going to make it seriously arcadish... and have I seen smoke trails behind flying tank rounds?  Sniping will be a joke.  I mean, DF1 had bullet travel time, for pete's sake!  Sheol, "SEAL Team" by EA had bullet travel time!

I'm going to buy it. I don't think it'll be very good, but you never know. And besides, everytime you give money to a game that's cool (and this game looks kinda cool and I liked the other game by Wings), you're encouraging more people to make cool games. I mean, do we really need more crappy, uninspired and repetetive games? At least this one's trying to do something that no other ground combat game has done before (HUGE non-repetetive playing area). That's worth $45 to check out.

fan_art3%20(WinCE).jpg

Flashpoint Copycat  tounge_o.gif

bah! time to grab my CZ75B and teach those plagarizing(SP) bastards a lesson! crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

anyways, i like E too.

i'm going to take alook at demo and then decide whether i'll get it or not...

The main reason I still have my eyes on this game is because the devs remind me of how BIS is towards its community.

And the terrain looks nice and big.

Lot's of weapons

But no Beretta crazy_o.gif ....yet rock.gif