Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Finally some competition for ofp ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 17 2003,08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did anyone here ever play Red Faction? The specs on that game engine and its totally deformable environment were quite impressive, but when I tried a demo before the game was released, it was a big disappointment.

I'm just curious how much of a deformable environment was actually implemented in the released version of the game. That's the kind of feature I'd like to see in OFP2.<span id='postcolor'>

The demo of Red Faction basically had the best of the terrain deformation. The cool drilling machine was the only one that appeared in the entire game crazy.gif

Basically the terrain deformation was only really implemted is the levels set in the mines and a couple of the entire areas. There was quite an outcry because in the levels set in the offices, every thing was invincible. Shoot a table, it would not break. Shoot at a wall, there would be no hole. There was a part where you had to get past a locked door. You couldnt just blow a hole in the wall next to it, you had to go and kill an unarmed man to get his keycard.

It was a nice idea for Red Faction, but it wasn't fully implemented. I think the ADS will be much better than the Geo Mod in Red Faction.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 16 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 17 2003,00wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like to know how those soldiers keep their uniforms so clean and pressed in the field?  They must have a laundry truck in the game tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One of the items you can carry is a mini-washing machine with built in super fast dryer. Duck beheind a tree, strip down, put your uniform in and *tada* your ready for a photoshoot. Also avaliabe are automatic boot polishing kits and automatic gun cleaning kits smile.gif

On the subject on ADS (Advanced Destruction System) I hope Operation Flashpoint 2 has a better one than what Soldner appears to have. To me from what screenshots I have seen, the shell craters look more like a sharp dip in the map rather than a shell crater.<span id='postcolor'>

Your sounding like there was a demo of OFP2 out yesterday. smile.gif I doubt that OFP2 would license technology from the makers of Soldner, and if they did implement modifiable terrain, it would probably only affflict the ground itself not buildings.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 15 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 15 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://soldner.jowood.com/images/screenshots/25.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

eh? the guy is holding M16+M203 and why is there a G36C on the left? maybe second rifle? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt look like first person to me. I think that it's another character runninf along side you, and only his M16A2/M203 is visible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Mar. 17 2003,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 16 2003,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 17 2003,00wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like to know how those soldiers keep their uniforms so clean and pressed in the field?  They must have a laundry truck in the game <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

One of the items you can carry is a mini-washing machine with built in super fast dryer. Duck beheind a tree, strip down, put your uniform in and *tada* your ready for a photoshoot. Also avaliabe are automatic boot polishing kits and automatic gun cleaning kits smile.gif

On the subject on ADS (Advanced Destruction System) I hope Operation Flashpoint 2 has a better one than what Soldner appears to have. To me from what screenshots I have seen, the shell craters look more like a sharp dip in the map rather than a shell crater.<span id='postcolor'>

Your sounding like there was a demo of OFP2 out yesterday. smile.gif I doubt that OFP2 would license technology from the makers of Soldner, and if they did implement modifiable terrain, it would probably only affflict the ground itself not buildings.<span id='postcolor'>

What I was meaning is that I hope that BIS look at the ADS system used by Soldner and think, "how can we make a better system that is far superioir to ADS" then they go and make a way better system. Lets call it FDS, Flashpoint Destruction System.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Announcement: Optional first-person perspective viewpoint - 2003-02-25

We are proud to announce that due to public demand, our forthcoming Online Military Tactical Shooter, Söldner: Secret Wars will offer an optional first-person perspective viewpoint.

Initially, Söldner: Secret Wars was designed to only offer a third person view because of the incorporation of stealth elements in gameplay. However, the huge online community that have followed each stage of Söldner: Secret Wars development expressed a desire for a first person view. In an attempt to create the ultimate gameplay experience we have listenened carefully and have now included an optional first person view.

To make perspective changes as easy as possible, gamers will be able to switch view at any time with a simple key stroke.

Teut Weidemann, Managing Director of Wings Simulations said: “We have listened intently to the opinions of gamers who have posted their comments on the secretwars.net forum and have implemented this key gameplay feature as a direct result. By reacting to the comments of gamers, we aim to make a game that the online community will have a huge desire to want to play.â€

The screenshots below show the third-person mode of a player in various stances: standing with Normal aim, standing with Precision aim, kneeling, lying down, and the final shot of first person perspective.

Gamers are encouraged to offer their thoughts and opinions on this and anything else relating to Söldner: Secret Wars on the official SSW forums .<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Mar. 17 2003,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 15 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 15 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://soldner.jowood.com/images/screenshots/25.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

eh? the guy is holding M16+M203 and why is there a G36C on the left? maybe second rifle? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt look like first person to me. I think that it's another character runninf along side you, and only his M16A2/M203 is visible.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah that must be your siamese twin there. biggrin.giftounge.gifcrazy.gif

I'm interested in this game... it has a lot of potential. However, have any of you guys been on their forum? Everyone there is a complete and total blockhead. No intelligent conversations going on at all - and everyone who asks intelligent questions is buried under spam. They need to get their community service manager/moderator to crack his whip. I'm really disgusted by the level of idiocy on that forum. mad.gif

You'd miss us if we left *sniff* biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Mar. 17 2003,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 15 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Mar. 15 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://soldner.jowood.com/images/screenshots/25.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt look like first person to me. I think that it's another character runninf along side you, and only his M16A2/M203 is visible.<span id='postcolor'>

You guys drink to much thats a M4 not M16 whit a M203.

They havent even made a M16 I could never play that game If I could not have an M16 at my side. they have even made a crazy.gif AK47 crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 18 2003,06:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm interested in this game... it has a lot of potential. However, have any of you guys been on their forum? Everyone there is a complete and total blockhead. No intelligent conversations going on at all - and everyone who asks intelligent questions is buried under spam. They need to get their community service manager/moderator to crack his whip. I'm really disgusted by the level of idiocy on that forum.  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep....there's a lot of stupidity on that forum. But there are some occasional comments by people that make sense....and not suprisingly they usually come from people who have played OFP rather than CS tounge.gif

There was an interview with one of the BIS developers where he mentioned how the average age of the OFP Official Forum member had dropped, and so had a lot of the maturity. He ought to read the "What Are You Going To Be" thread in that forum.

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna get a tank and blow up all the snipers"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

"I'm gonna be a sniper"

.....you get the idea! These sorts of players will get OWNED by a half decent squad of OFP players.......hehehehehe!

Yeah all the immature kids want to be snipers. That's true. I'm going to go to those forums for soldner and register to start talking. I suggest you all join me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 20 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah all the immature kids want to be snipers.  That's true.  I'm going to go to those forums for soldner and register to start talking.  I suggest you all join me.<span id='postcolor'>

I did, I tried, and I even had a discussion going on with the Devs, but it got buried under stupid replies and stupid topics. How many people have to ask for AH-64s and KA-50s in a game that will OBVIOUSLY include them (especially when it's already going to include all kinds of other odds and ends like KA-60s and AN-72s!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 21 2003,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How many people have to ask for AH-64s and KA-50s in a game that will OBVIOUSLY include them (especially when it's already going to include all kinds of other odds and ends like KA-60s and AN-72s!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't hold out much hope for realism of vehicles. Their model of an Su-32/34 is described as being an Su-37.

they should implement age check for some games. This would save us a lot of time and get us straight to grown-up gambling biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 20 2003,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Mar. 21 2003,03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How many people have to ask for AH-64s and KA-50s in a game that will OBVIOUSLY include them (especially when it's already going to include all kinds of other odds and ends like KA-60s and AN-72s!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't hold out much hope for realism of vehicles. Their model of an Su-32/34 is described as being an Su-37.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, they are releasing the source code sometime after they release the game. I'm sure that someone out there will correct all that nonsense.

I really suck at sniping... I can't hit a freaking abrams at 10 meters even if I tried...

Has anyone else noticed how they have high postcounts (like the counter-strike forums) already in the 500-1000 range?! Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam, wonderufl spam!

I am guessing this is going to be like counter-strike but with a hint of OFP flavor.

removed at placebo's request

*writes "i will not post messages from other forums" 1000 times on the blackboard*

Is that a quote from another forum? Because you know that would be a breach of forum rules right?

Be assured Soldner will not reckon up to OFP. I'm interested in the mission aspects, objectives, dynamic waypoints and taks, that flashpoint has. Will Soldner have, this?

Blowwing shit up is fun, but when the gameplay is not there, the game will become another bargain bin addition.

Anyway, when OFP2 comes out, Soldner will be dumped...

I'm off to Soldner forum to taunt some kiddies...

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (interstat @ Mar. 21 2003,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm off to Soldner forum to taunt some kiddies...

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

please do not start inter-forum conflict.

I was jesting, actually the game doesn't look bad, but the presentation of it does look a teeny bit Hollywood-like.

Well have to wait and see, though it doesn't seem to be a proper military sim, some kind of futuristic hybrid.

At least its more imaginative than CS and Unreal 2.

Time will tell...

But that health bar and other console elements really lets it down.

Seems a bit Hidden and Dangerous in places to me.

confused.gif

Yeah good point. It definitely detracts from the realism with onscreen cues and popups to help out the player. If it were as real as flashpoint but more real I'd say the gaming industry is making great advances in terms of listening to the players out there and actually making games to suit their wants. However, a gaming company is going to make what they're going to make you know? If they don't want to target a key audience they're going to end up trying to please everyone and fall short. Flashpoint targeted in on people who want realistic immersion.