Sign in to follow this  
deadsoldier

F-15e (strike eagle) released.

This nuke isnt a nuke but its nice.   I mean if your back is to the F15 when it comes in and drops the bomb your safe from the nuke from what ive tested.  If your out in front of the hit then then you die.  And my computer freezes for a few seconds when nuke gets me.  

O i think you live in if your a para because I froze then my guy was spinning super fast.  I ended up like far far far away and  very very high lol.  Really cool model though looks neat on flybys.

Is there a description of the weapons and what they are for.  Like the Air Defense one  what kind of misslils are those for?  are they air to air or    air to ground?  etc

I must say this is def the best damn addon ever submitted. Damn fine job. I noticed if you shoot missle your going so fast you dont hear the boom initially. after a few seconds you will hear the "Wooosh" then the "boom" lol sweet. I wasd testing this plane on Pheaden Island very nice.

Very good addon. smile.gif   By far the best a/c addon for OFP.  Two suggestions, both about the B-61.  First maybe so it'd be easier to drop and get away, maybe you could slow the bomb's speed and descending speed down, simulating a parachute which can be used w/ many nuclear bombs. Also it'd be really cool if it would show a small mushroom cloud over the point of impact for a few minutes.  Maybe you could have a demo mission w/ a script to do it.   smile.gif

PS:One way to survive the nuclear blast is to drop it, turn away, and fly real low, like 20-30ft(or is it meters?)and go to full throttle.

Awesome plane d00d, real nice j0b.

It makes OPF feel like an actual flight sim (well almost), but i just love the way this plane handles.

But on the sound issue, it is kind of odd flying without sound, i know the plane engine can be too loud, and in the current F14 and MiG it has proven so... But its kind of weird flying and not hearing at least a little hum from the engine.

So my question is if its possible to have two different sounds for say when ur in the cockpit and when ur in third person or outside the plane? So that when ur in the cockpit u would hear just a VERY low humm from the engine noise, and outside would stay the way it is?

Once again, very good job on the plane d00d, and i hope to hear from ya about the sound thing. But if it cant be done, keep it the way it is, the engine noise would droun out everything. But if it can, id like to know.

Oh and EDC -

This game is metric, so it is meters not feet... since it was made in Europe, and they use the metric system there tounge.gif

The nuke seems to have a random hit, like many big bombs. I was about 20 meters away from the bomb and lived. I am still not sure why it has more blast in the air then on the ground. I was lmao when I flew low and could hear birds on the ground.

R71 read my above post.   If say your south of the  target.  And the F15 comes from behind you <South> heading north to where the target is right up in front of you.  about 100 yards and hits.  You will live.  from what ive been testing.  Everything behind the bomb lives and everything in front of hte direction it was falling dies.  

Instead of flying really fast after you drop the bomb you can simply fly slow then drop the bomb as you turn away and fly the opposite direction.  your safe from blast.

p.S. The bomb already falls really slow if you havent noticed. Any slower and it would be floating

This look good!  Downloading right now the addon!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. Also it'd be really cool if it would show a small mushroom cloud over the point of impact for a few minutes.  Maybe you could have a demo mission w/ a script to do it.  <span id='postcolor'>

you can check this one here... Maybe will be useful for the nuke wink.gif

unidades_sov_nuclear_scud_mission_06_th.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Dec. 10 2002,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">R71 read my above post.   If say your south of the  target.  And the F15 comes from behind you <South> heading north to where the target is right up in front of you.  about 100 yards and hits.  You will live.  from what ive been testing.  Everything behind the bomb lives and everything in front of hte direction it was falling dies.  

Instead of flying really fast after you drop the bomb you can simply fly slow then drop the bomb as you turn away and fly the opposite direction.  your safe from blast.

p.S.  The bomb already falls really slow if you havent noticed.  Any slower and it would be floating<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I have done alot of test too..... but I have b N,S,E,W and made it out alive. If you notice some trees will get hit and some will not, it does not matter what direction they are from the blast.

the nuclear blast on f-22 lightning 3 was quite good so perhaps you could use that one. BTW, for anyone who likes dropping nukes, get the demo of f-22 L3 because the mission is where you drop the nuke and its really quite fun to play.

i dropped the nuke and then parachuted out so i wouldnt die, and my computer didnt move at all for over 2minutes. when it finally started going again, my parachute was 2km south of where i had initially ejected, and about 200m higher than my initial height. never even got to see the explosion..... sad.gif oh well, still an awesome addon!! i love it!!! biggrin.gif wish i could hear the engines from the inside... and the wheels dont roll either. aside from that though id say its flawless! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NAA_Us_Marine @ Dec. 09 2002,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For one thing guys sounds in real jet cockpits are very low and you can barely even hear them with ur helmet on for radio converations so trust me its better as it is.<span id='postcolor'>

Nevertheless you still hear some of the jet sound no matter what, helmet or no helmet. Having it dead quiet except for weapons sounds just seems really wierd. Also I don't really like the jet engine sound to begin with. I agree with somebody else's recommendation to use the F14 addon engine sound (with the makers permission of coarse). That one was much better and not too loud. Personally I like a nice thundering jet engine sound. I'm sorry if it gives the addon maker a migraine but I think most of us enjoy a good loud jet engine sound. On your own versions you can always remove the inside sound, but for the rest of us I hope that you will include the cockpit engine sound (and hopefully with a better quality engine sound).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok. First time I downloaded it [or I thought I was] it was only 3 megs. I told you people last night I got the file. How wrong I was! Apparently the file was not yet fixed. Now I got it and will testing it tonight. biggrin.gif From what I have heard its DA BOMB! tounge.gif

very nice addon, but has anyone had any luck getting the AI to bomb anything? Most other jets can blow stuff up real nice but all I seem to get (with AI on max) is a dozen flybys before anything is fired, and then the attacks are sporadic at best. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the pilot/gunner config - I tried de-pbo'ing it to have a look but I don't know how to edit a config.bin (anyone know how?). It's a real shame - I love the model but am not getting much use out of it in my missions...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cegorach @ Dec. 10 2002,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">very nice addon, but has anyone had any luck getting the AI to bomb anything? Most other jets can blow stuff up real nice but all I seem to get (with AI on max) is a dozen flybys before anything is fired, and then the attacks are sporadic at best. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the pilot/gunner config - I tried de-pbo'ing it to have a look but I don't know how to edit a config.bin (anyone know how?). It's a real shame - I love the model but am not getting much use out of it in my missions...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I got mine to attack tanks just fine... they don't attack infantry very well however. Also on occasion they slam into buildings at the Nogova airbase. smile.gif But overall they've been fairly accurate. The ones with the MK82 bombs tend to make a few passes before they drop their bombs. It would be nice if someone made a script or something to get the planes to attack infantry... or like to order them to drop bombs. Is there a script out there that can order a plane to drop bombs? I suppose I could use a camcreate script for that.

That would probably be easier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

im not sure of the right syntax by head, but look for a setting insidesoundcoef we used it in the bronco as well if i remember right.

I like the AIG [i think thats what its called. Its the one thats a mix between missles and bombs. I destroyed St Phillipe going after two UAZs. LOL. I'm not sure what kind but one of the missles is VERY precise. Those MK-8 unguided bombs are funny because [at least as far as I could tell] They do not land anywhere near where they are supposed to. Of course my target for the AI pilot were in a town. That might have effected things a bit. Reminds me of the "Five Oclock Charlie" episode of M.A.S.H. where a bomber wuold try and bomb the 4077 every day and miss the whole compound. LOL. They placed bets as to where the bomb would land the next day. One bomb they had to disarm because it failed to go off. While I'm here posting I have to say the nuke won't go off from an AI pilot.  sad.gif  Could anyone tell me what I should target and how to get the AI to drop the big bomb? I dropped one without much damage to an buildings. All in all though its fantastic! Thanks again to USM and DeadSoldier. YOU GUYS ROCK!   smile.gif Oh and the F-15 came in to see what it was about to bomb and it streaked right above my head. The sound was incredible! It scared me at first. Thats how awsome this F-15 is.

Once I survival the A-Bomb

but when i came back to the place in a specific

radius i died... i think it works with "_x" setDammage 1

or something else with this A-Bomb!

Once i made more than 250 armored enemy tanks!

I sent the missile(A-Bomb) to the target and i died.

but when i saw my score i saw a damn a lot of dammage

and dead units that showed up on the screen... wow.gif

this is crazy! anyway, what kind of a mission should i use

it? I always have ideas but this one is Killing me, if you know

what i mean.

If there is anyway to survive this A-Bomb without fly in very hight place so plz tell me about this! This A-Bomb looks usefull

but i must know for what...

Avance Thanks biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Dec. 10 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like the AIG [i think thats what its called. Its the one thats a mix between missles and bombs. I destroyed St Phillipe going after two UAZs. LOL. I'm not sure what kind but one of the missles is VERY precise. Those MK-8 unguided bombs are funny because [at least as far as I could tell] They do not land anywhere near where they are supposed to. Of course my target for the AI pilot were in a town. That might have effected things a bit. Reminds me of the "Five Oclock Charlie" episode of M.A.S.H. where a bomber wuold try and bomb the 4077 every day and miss the whole compound. LOL. They placed bets as to where the bomb would land the next day. One bomb they had to disarm because it failed to go off. While I'm here posting I have to say the nuke won't go off from an AI pilot.  sad.gif  Could anyone tell me what I should target and how to get the AI to drop the big bomb? I dropped one without much damage to an buildings. All in all though its fantastic! Thanks again to USM and DeadSoldier. YOU GUYS ROCK!   smile.gif Oh and the F-15 came in to see what it was about to bomb and it streaked right above my head. The sound was incredible! It scared me at first. Thats how awsome this F-15 is.<span id='postcolor'>

You seem to like the Uppercase lol word alot wink.gif

The only way i managed to survive the a-bomb was vixer's way, ejection

sad.gif

any tips ?

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Dec. 09 2002,09wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My partners name is NAA_Us_Marine btw. We worked together hand in hand on this. Im his partner..and hes my partner.<span id='postcolor'>

Does the church know?  wow.gif  tounge.gif

Anyway, great work! Very good quality model and still a decent polycount. smile.gif

Thanks to everyone one who has been supporting in this.

and the ai will drop bombs perfectly fine if you have them target the enemy and they will still attack if you dont tell them to target but when you do them them they hit them good and dont take long.

and the f 14 sound is not an f 15 sound guys why would you want an unrealistic jet noise on a realistic jet? so we are going to be keeping this sound.

also we will be releasing a 1.90 version later on but this version now will work with both 1.90 and 1.46 OFP so the 1.90 version with all the goodies will be released at a later date.

thanks for all the compliments. biggrin.gif

What is AMRAAM missle?  Is it for air to air?   IT keep missing the targets.

For the MK the F15 will pass over the target and come back around. IT drops 2 of them about 300 yards short every time. I switched the plane to the GBU and it over shot the target about 100 yards. =(.

the amraam is a A-A missile, and yes i agree it does seem to miss alot, even targets going straight and level infront of me confused.gif

and sofar, i found the best way to get hits with bombs (Mk82 and GBU) is to dive on them from about 400m, nukes, i found being about 6000m was high enough to survive, i was hit at 5000 though

A very big thank you to the makers of this addon. It is obvious from the model and the textures that you guys spend a LOT of time on this baby. Its 1 of the best ive seen so far.

I picked up a lil'of another thread where you guys stated that this would be the last addon you would release. I sure hope that aint the case, this is the stuff that will extend the life of OFP.

So, again, a BIG thank you, and keep it up.

TopCover out.

P.S. i still would like a lil' engine rumble in the cockpit, there is no such thing as a silent cockpit, i know......

P.P.S: AMRAAM= Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile.

A cool idea for this mission would be to have the player be a member of the army and have to destroy tanks occupying small towns or cities and use precision air to ground missiles. Or even provide air support for tanks to reach a certain position by bombing troops on the ground. Or you could have the eagle assigned to take out a convoy using bombs. I wouldn't try to simulate any air force missions without the mig though. If you can't wait just use frogfoots. Have a mission where you're patroling a no fly zone and end up engaging some frogfoots in a dogfight. Use the desert islands for more effect or use the stock islands for a european effect. Perhaps simulating Bosnia or just the imaginary islands of nogova, malden, etc.

/me starts working on longer ranged, more powerful russian AA and AAA systems (also thinking on creating russian ICBM to counter this.... smile.gif

good plane, but fix the missiles hitting percentage and inside cockpit sound. I told you how earlier.

I take it you were thinking of single player missions when creating A-bomb? coz its absolutely a funkiller in MP games, remember that mission makers!