Sign in to follow this  
Assault (CAN)

Operation northstar tank pack

Are the leopards actually suppose to sound THAT quiet? Maybe its my volume(Damn winamp messes with it), but I think it might be a little too quiet.

Otherwise, my father(who was in the Canadian Military, two more weeks and he could have made Captain) was quite impressed with your work(laughed at the cases of molson in the tank, because he said some guys at the base used to do that).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you, for the next version, add the tanks under "Operation Northstar MOD" in the east side ? That is so we don´t confuse them with the originals, and they are more easy to find too. <span id='postcolor'>

I also agree.

Doing that would make it alot easier to find your tanks in the editor.

Maybe you could have a "ON* mods" list for every category of units/vehicles that you make. One for the 'Car' list, one for 'Armoured' one for 'air' and the other for 'units'.

It would really make finding your add ons easier because alot of us have equipment lists that are already a mile long from other stuff.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 05 2002,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you, for the next version, add the tanks under "Operation Northstar MOD" in the east side ? That is so we don´t confuse them with the originals, and they are more easy to find too. <span id='postcolor'>

I also agree.

Maybe you could have a "ON* mods" list for every category of units/vehicles that you make. One for the 'Car' list, one for 'Armoured' one for 'air' and the other for 'units'.

It would really make finding your add ons easier because alot of us have equipment lists that are already a mile long from other stuff.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Is this possible to do in 1.46?? If so how is it defined?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">>-T72M1 and Iraq version.There are two black lines behind >the commander turret when looking from the outside and >going around.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm i cant post a picture of it since i dont have a place to upload them. But if you go outside view and move around the turret you see them. one goes out from 4 o'clock and the other at 8 o'clock on the commands hatch strecting to the rear, where 12 o'clock is front. i can send two screen shots of it to your mail if you send it to me in a pm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">>Visual Improvements.

>- Could you remove the "camoflaged" from the T72B and >maybe call it BC instead. And also just call it T72B Kontakt >ERA instead of w/ kontakt ERA. Looks better that way.

Maybe it looks better, but everywhere it's written, (FAS, Janes, pretty much every other reference) it says w/ Kontakt ERA, because it's not a 'T72 Kontakt ERA', it's a T72 *with* Kontakt ERA.

>T72BC

I *could* do that, but that's not its designation, so I won't.

<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough with the Kontakt ERA thing

About the camo could you find out what that camo is called and the call it T72B Camo name instead?? By camo name i mean like "woodland" and so on the other thing doesnt look good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">>- Could you make the PKT and the NSV under weapon >selection just like all other OFP tanks.

They are. Hit your spacebar when you are the highest ranking crew member. This has more to do with what the *player's rank* is than whether he's the commander.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">>1. The gunner can't change weapons (ie. from Sabot to MG) >while the commander can - is this to make the commander's >role larger?

The commander orders ammo changes. The gunner will fire what he's told, damn him. In fact, the gunner can order ammo changes, as long as he is the highest ranking crew member. . . get in as commander, switch to gunner position and you will see this.

<span id='postcolor'>

When i hit spacebar as commander nothing happends, i still need to choose them from the menu in right lower corner. Also keeping them as they are will work against MP games. Example. You are gunner. Your commander are scanning for targets. You see a couple of guys running that you commander doesnt. Since only the commander can change to PKT and NSV you can only shot them with a anti tank cannon round because he havent seen them and they will be out off sight before you have written a message for him and he have seen it.

Also for realism, its the gunner that have buttons to change between main gun and MG's in real life not the commander.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- The turret HMG are in a locked position when driving turned in in real life, so it shouldnt follow the periscope but just stay backwards/forwards when driving.

? They're remotely operated by the commander, attached to the cupola. Is there something I've missed? I don't think so. . .

<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know about the russian tanks, but on most tanks the turret MG is mounted on a moveable outer ring on the outside of the hatch. The outer ring is fasten with a little man operated bolt, an when loose its very easy to turn. So they wont be remotely operated since you have to sit behind it and move it in the direction you want. Also i wouldnt think they are remotely machine operated on the hatch since they are basicly AA guns and would be to slow if you had to operate them by a joystick turned in. So thats why i would say they have to be locked position.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Even though i couldnt find that many pictures with markings on them i would also like to see some on the tanks.

I may put markings on the Iraqi ones, but the others are in use by too many countries to put specific Russian markings on them, particularly not when the Russians don't.

<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough, but those other countries uses their own camo and not the russian wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">>- Maybe if its possible (think i once read that vehicles cant >fire smoke but not sure, maybe it can be scipted) make a >menu selection to fire smoke screen. Would be something >like, 6 smoke canisters being fired in the canons direction (2 >straight forward, 2 slightly to the right and 2 slightly to the >left. One from each direction going low and the last 3 going >high). And have 2 shots.

I had lofty aspirations to do this, but it's not possible. Vehicles cannot fire smoke canisters.

<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you, for the next version, add the tanks under "Operation Northstar MOD" in the east side ? That is so we don´t confuse them with the originals, and they are more easy to find too.<span id='postcolor'>

Would rather have them under east since its russian armour and not canadian, but pls do this with all the canadian units since they take up a lot of space.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Powerslide @ Dec. 05 2002,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 05 2002,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you, for the next version, add the tanks under "Operation Northstar MOD" in the east side ? That is so we don´t confuse them with the originals, and they are more easy to find too. <span id='postcolor'>

I also agree.

Is this possible to do in 1.46?? If so how is it defined?<span id='postcolor'>

I´m afraid it is impossible, this feature was added in the patch 1.85. This means you´ll have to relese two versions of the addons, one for 1.46 and one for 1.90

Please do it with all your addons released up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all !

Like I promise in other post I just finish an Unofficial Tank Replacement for "OF: Resistance" 1.90 and is ready for download!

The idea is/was this:

This will replace the original T72/T80 tank model (by BIS) with the T72/T90 models by Sigma-6  so you will can play against/with them in the original campaigns/missions of the game wow.gif

The config values remains the same as in the original config.cpp of the game for avoid troubles with the AI of the game. ANY other values of the config.bin were changed, just the 3D  model of the tanks for can have the mighty monster NSVT over them inside campaign.  So... You will see a different tank model but the simulation of it (armour, weapons, speed...)  remains the same as the original config.bin of the game. I did this in the past replacing the east RPG with the great RPG-7 model and play with it in the campaign...

You have 3 versions for download and try :

Version 1: T72M1 (with NSVT) instead of the original T72

Version 2: for replace the T72 with Sigmas-6's T72B W/ Kontakt ERA 3D model

Version 3: for replace the T72 with Sigmas-6's T72B W/ Kontakt ERA 3D model AND the original T80 with Sigmas-6's T90 3D model.

Here you have a sample pic of the official credits animation of

the game but instead of the official T72 you have the T72M1 by Sigma-6, got the idea? wink.gif

sigma-6_t72_ingame.jpg

So don't waist time and download the version you want right

here

From now I think we can replace any official model by user addons... Oh! I love all the possibilities OF give us.

Enjoy and hope you like the idea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Sharpshooter @ Dec. 06 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Powerslide @ Dec. 05 2002,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 05 2002,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you, for the next version, add the tanks under "Operation Northstar MOD" in the east side ? That is so we don´t confuse them with the originals, and they are more easy to find too. <span id='postcolor'>

I also agree.

Is this possible to do in 1.46?? If so how is it defined?<span id='postcolor'>

I´m afraid it is impossible, this feature was added in the patch 1.85. This means you´ll have to relese two versions of the addons, one for 1.46 and one for 1.90

Please do it with all your addons released up to date.

Thanks in advance.<span id='postcolor'>

Easy for you to say..! tounge.gif

Lovely armour pack, great to see a good T-90 in game.

I have only one ask, could you please in a future release put the tanks in groups so it would possible to put in a platoon of tanks in instead of having to put them in one by one?

@dkraver: I'm not sure for older Russian MBTs, but the T90 has its NSVT heavy AA MG remotely-controlled by the commander from the inside!!!

Go to http://www.rusarm.ru/video/video.htm and check Video named "T-90S Main Battle Tank (Armament)"!

FlipeR

Yes, the NSV/T mount on the T72 has always been remotely operated.

Ok then remove it from transport position then, and set them all on forward. The first request about the NSV, which was made by me smile.gif,  was for them being in transport position since theres no use for it moving since it cant be fired, also as i said in that first post the reason i would like to see it, was because people with military background know the NSV position's as one of many marks on how to see the difference between the different tanks. But since they are moving there's no reason to have them in that posistion (T27, M84) since it looks stupid when the NSV is the opposite direction than the commander, but still moving. But its up to you.

Did you find those black lines i where talking about??

Also what about that weapon change system??

And last would you consider the change with the camo name if it can be found??

Off Topic.

Fliper hows the progress on that slovenian army pack you where working on??

Why would I change the position? If I put it on the front of the turret it would be wrong, and it can't be used anyway, so what difference does it make? Also, it's forward on the T90, because that's the position it's in on the T90. . . I'm not going to arbitrarily change reality because people think it 'looks stupid'. I mean, do you people who say realistic addons 'look stupid' realise how awful you sound? It's like "Here's a fully realistic MP5SD3 finally ready for release after three months of head-inhands-want-to-shoot-myself-development!" --"Uh, can you take off that big-ass barrel thing on the front, that looks stupid."

I'm not going to respond to any more realism-related suggestion posts unless they have a clear backing in *fact* from now on.

As for the bugs, they will be fixed in the next version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not going to arbitrarily change reality because people think it 'looks stupid'. I mean, do you people who say realistic addons 'look stupid' realise how awful you sound?<span id='postcolor'>

First of all im not one of those people trying to change things if they look odd. If you try reading my message again you will see that instead of just thinking off it as someone who wants to change your work. I hate those guys. Secondly im a lot into detail and i know a lot about the outer details on tanks. In the army i was best in my platoon on armour recognition and where also main AT gunner in my section.

All i where trying to say was there are no need to have the NSV on the T72 and M84 moving since "IF" it would be moving, meaning the commander where using it, then it would be in the forward position and not backwards. And yes i know that on the T90 its always forward and backwards on the T72 and M84. If you look back to my first post i said it there and put pictures to show it. It where in no way meant to make the model inaccurate.

All this is why i surgested in that post where i asked if you could add them, that they should be stuck in transport position, forwards/backwards depending on model, since everything else would make it "unrealistic" when the NSV is a "inactive" weapon because of the game engine. Hope you will take this into consideration and think about it again.

And have them in a fixed position. wink.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

And keep up the great work i like it already and it's still just a beta.   biggrin.gif

I agree with this part smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All this is why i surgested in that post where i asked if you could add them, that they should be stuck in transport position, forwards/backwards depending on model, since everything else would make it "unrealistic" when the NSV is a "inactive" weapon because of the game engine. Hope you will take this into consideration and think about it again.<span id='postcolor'>

yep, It can be more nice if the lovely NSVT can stay in a fixed position instead of turning with the commander cupola all the time (and you will fix the part when the NSVT move into the head of the poor gunner when he is in turn out position hehe). When the main turret turn it will turn but not when the commander cupola do wink.gif

Sure is to much work made two versions of it ,no? hehe I mean one like the actual one and other addon with the NSVT in a fixed main turret position and I think ALL willl be happy.

Thanks for read us Sigma-6!

If you read my post again, you'll find that I was trying to point out that, unfortunately, the weapon is mounted that way because the cupola hatch opens 'backward', allowing the Commander to be protected as though it were a plate of armour. The weapon is mounted *static* on the back of the mounting ring on the cupola and rotates with the commander. In order to fire the weapon, he merely turns around in the cupola and takes control of it. In neither case could I have the weapon in a static position, because in both cases it's attached to the cupola, and cannot be rotated independently.

This is my last post on the topic of the NSV, unless someone can present me with a video in which the NSV on either the T90 or the T72 rotates on a separate ring from the cupola itself.

What I could do, and now what I think I will do, is raise the elevation on the barrel so that it clears the gunner's head when it swivels.

Ok ill try to see if i can find some info about that.

Are you keeping the system where its the commander that controls all selections on weapon and ammunition or will you change it so its like the game models??

Basicly your system is the same as the one in use by player models as long as its a ai as gunner. As a commander in both system you still decide which weapons to use and when to fire you just have to do the selection by the menu instead of the hot keys. So the only effect your system has is in mp games where there are players on both commander and gunner position. When that happends the gunner player is reduced to a ai gunner that can turn the turret and press fire and nothing more, which wont be a very attracktive position to be in then. So i hope/beg you will go back to game system, so they will be attractive to use in mp maps.

Thanks for reply us Sigma-6 ! I don't want to bother again with the NSVT topic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I could do, and now what I think I will do, is raise the elevation on the barrel so that it clears the gunner's head when it swivels. <span id='postcolor'>

ohh! please don't do it. Now it will be my fault if you change that sad.gif (damn why I wrote that hehe) The way is like now is great, pointing not that high. Just a little detail the gunner head. Maybe is you put up the barrel more up the model will change and don't look the nice that is right now. Just put that about the head for have the NSVT in static position... now that I understand that is not possible to have it that way please don't change the NSVT position.  Thanks and will don't bother again with the NSVT, is there and that is the great thing but again please don't change it.

ps: Sigma-6 I just wrote you an email with more about this...thanks!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Dec. 05 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anyway, I asked you why you'd even suggest that the names be shortened, because it seems like a pretty silly thing to do, let alone suggest.<span id='postcolor'>

Because in the heat of combat, I don´t expect guys to run around going "I see a camouflaged T72M1 with Russian Kontakt Explosive Reactive Armor on it!" Then the voice just says "T72". tounge.gif

Ok fair enough if the "unditching" log is supposed to be there but I still think it´s a tad too bright in color.

JUST a suggestion. wink.gif

Oh, and any plans on doing some T80´s?

It would be the logical thing to do, not to mention it would make me and everyone else very happy. smile.gif

You´re just the man for the job.

Yes!!! These are works of art as is. Although they have made my anti-armor team missions a little more deadly now smile.gif

Awesome addons ,keep up the great work!

And thx for making them work with 1.46!