Sign in to follow this  
Assault (CAN)

Operation northstar tank pack

The movement etc. of the NSV is a pretty minor issue I think...it's great just to have it there, even if it is inactive, especially if you're playing against the East tanks - being a soldier (or a West tank commander) and seeing a T-72/T-90 come rumbling along with the NSV on the roof is more realistic/pleasing to see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> being a soldier (or a West tank commander) and seeing a T-72/T-90 come rumbling along with the NSV on the roof is more realistic/ pleasing to see.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah! is really a pleasure for the eyes look the tanks with the NSVT over them. Much more aggressive for sure!

Don't forget that you can have these tanks at the main campaign using a MOD that can be found here Just for the ones that didn't saw the post tounge.gif

I requested a T-90 awhile ago...all i can say is...thank you...very nice job

now is it possible to remove the radars?...so that hunting M1A1's/2's is harder???...nice to have a version for the true hunters amoung us...hehe

Wow this looks amazingly good! I noticed something strange when trying out the T90 in the editor:

I put setviewdistance 3000 in the init field, as I first was told to shoot at tanks far beyond my VR! biggrin.gif lol The others (we were 3 T90´s on a hill top on the desert island) started shooting, and I could see the explosions throught the dust, that´s all. Hence the viewing distance.

When I launched after the setviewdistance command, I started in head out position, and when I got back in I could not control the cannon (as a gunner, of course). I then tried putting 2000m instead of 3k, same thing happened. It seems to block access to the cannone whenever I put any setviewdistance, or am I the only one seing this?

Great addon anyway, they sure look and sound good!

I'm setting the optics and engagement ranges to their real-life levels. In the current version, they are close, and in the next release they will be as per the actual stats.

You're seeing a combination of two 'bugs' here, neither of which is actually a bug. In the next version these will be fixed.

Incidentally, for accurate use of these tanks, your viewdistance should be set to to least 2500.

Another piece of news, the next update will definitely include the Chinese Type-98 MBT, as the model is complete, and the code is about 3/4 done. . . it's ingame and kicking ass:

These pics are of a model of it, but they give you a really good idea, as there are not yet many really good photos of this new Chinese monster:

Chinese Type-98

What about some T-80's, M60's and M1A2's (using new models) for the next pack?

And some european tanks too smile.gif . Hell, you could even make a whole new realismpack tounge.gif .

Can you also make a T80U, 'cause the one in game looks like crap........and it sucks......I mean just look at this one (http://www.army.lv/Tehnika/T-80/T-80.MOV), and then look at the one in game, and you'll see the difference........

P.S. is it possible to take the sounds from that movie and put them in OFP ?

Just a quick question...do you have a rough estimate as to when the next pack may be available? I am hoping to add these into our addon pack #2 for our dedicated server as well as get them out and available for mission designers competing in an upcoming mission editing contest.

In the next few days (possibly tonight)

Okay, because of fabulous popular interest, I'm going to open this to requests.

There's only one thing I require however:

You want a tank made, you *must* provide me with (as Dalibor did for the M84 and M84A4) photographs of every conceivable angle of the tank, *internal* photographs of same, and blueprint-style line-drawings (top, sides, back, front). Don't worry about the coding of physics, ammo types and armour, however. I will manage that myself, as I have access to extremely good data.

Now: If you provide said images, barring messed up events in my life, you *will* see your tank in a future version.

send any applicable images to: sigma-6@operationnorthstar.com

Right now I'm sticking with tanks because IFVs, particularly wheeled ones, are a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Deleted. DOH! I don't know what I was thinking...

BTW Sigma, great work! The tanks look awesome. smile.gif

Cant wait to see what the changes are with the new pack...I was absolutely floored to find out that the last release was considered an Alpha! Most folks would be stisfied with that as a final release! Most certainly an excellent addon and the additions can only amke it better. Hope to see the next rev soon!

a few tanks, im a brit so im a bit biased towards these but the challenger 2 is the only main nato tank not made well so far (M1 and Leopard have already been done), also the centurion goes all the way back to the vietnam war (with the aussies) and is a pretty kickass tank, the warrior is another good vehicle that would go with the british infantry either released or in development.

Challenger 2:

challenger blueprints on this page (also alternative centurion blueprints)

photos

Centurion:

4-view

photos

Warrior:

4-view

photos

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 16 2002,15<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a few tanks, im a brit so im a bit biased towards these but the challenger 2 is the only main nato tank not made well so far (M1 and Leopard have already been done), also the centurion goes all the way back to the vietnam war (with the aussies) and is a pretty kickass tank, the warrior is another good vehicle that would go with the british infantry either released or in development.

Challenger 2:

challenger blueprints on this page (also alternative centurion blueprints)

photos

Centurion:

4-view

photos

Warrior:

4-view

photos<span id='postcolor'>

There is already a Centurion in game, and it´s really cool. You can grab it here

Centurion3.jpg

Centurion2.jpg

BTW Great Job Sigma6 !

Are the tanks going to be seperate items or in one large file? I would personally like to see them seperated out for easy distribution with missions that use them. For example, if a mission uses the t90, but not the T72 vairiants, it would be easier to send the used addons (as requested by most sites). I think this may have been one of the reasons the HK pack didnt see as much use as it should have...it was terribly difficult to tell someone they had to download 30 megs so they could use 2 or 3 weapons a mission designer used from the pack. Either way you choose to distribute the file, the new tanks are really nice I look forward to seeing the next rev!

umm how about the "almost" tanks? (CEV's, ARV's, ALVB's)

As a former Engy I notice their lack the most in OFP.

I'm going to bring this up only because I haven't seen it mentioned yet..

Could you PLEASE put the roof-mounted machine guns on the M-1 and M-60 tanks? Another totally superfluous request, but it will definately make those tanks look better. And maybe retexture them in proper US Army/USMC colors? More olive green, dark brown and black than the mushy green and black we have now.

Thanks...

M-1A1 clean

m1-951231-F-8381L-003.jpg