Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Hey guys

Any new progress report available/ major developments? perhaps even a few new screenies wink_o.gif   wink_o.gif

yeah a little update would be nice  smile_o.gif

Westland Wasp/Scout BETA PICS

wasps1.jpg

wasps2.jpg

BETA PICS

cool! the smallest aircraft capable of carring a nuke tounge_o.gif

your mod shall be cool

where phantoms used during the falklands?

Nope, they got stationed on the islands after the conflict, only attacking fixedwing we had was the harrier, 27 of em but only 22 at any one time (approx) which faced over 100 enemy aircraft and didnt suffer a single loss in air to air combat ;)

its been discussed many times but operation black buck, just isnt feasable in ofp to warrent a vulcan being built

its been discussed many times but operation black buck, just isnt feasable in ofp to warrent a vulcan being built

Didnt footmunch make a vulcan? You could edit that but i agree that that might be a bit much work for something that will mainly be a nice cut scene but not a really playable mission. smile_o.gif The wasp looks real nice!

The wasp looks nice. Without having to do any research, What was it used for exactly during the conflict, was it armed?

both the wasp and the scout were armed, and were both used as transport and attack choppers, HMS Plymouth wasp actually disabled the argentine sub santa fe with an AS12, at this point most of the older ships in the navy still had a wasp as its chopper, and the newer ships were using lynx's, the scout is the army version.

lol scratch another off my to-do list.......  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  so when u do the westland sea king is it going to be the commando version with the fixed gear, here there it is:

commando version (HC4)

seakhc4.jpg

or

Normal seaking (HAS1/2/5/6)

seakhas6.jpg

As far as I know (and I maybe wrong!) we hope to do both versions as they are quite different when getting as close as we will when boarding them.

The quality (and quantity) of your work is just amazing me. This mod is going to be awesome! smile_o.gif

Your biggest feat so far in my opinion is the work on the Wasp, ever since I saw that chopper at an airshow when I was seven I have thought it to be the ugliest chopper to ever be created. And you have managed to capture that, in a sense. Very good work guys, I can't wait to land RM's on naught suspecting Argentinians.

New Westland Wasp/Scout BETA PICS

wasp4s.jpg

wasp5s.jpg

wasp3s.jpg

BETA PICS

nice helicopters i was just thinking about your ships do the sink or do they just there that nasty minging warped way objects go when there destroyed or is it just not possible to destroy them like hawks nimitz where you can only destroy the weapons systems rock.gif

at the moment they just do the default warping, but its being looked at

ok i was thinking you could may be destroy the thing on the fly with scripting ie destroyed ship is cam destroyed and is then replaced with a destroyed and sinking model. just an idea

Yes, the Klinkster was working on that for his fishing boats right? It shouldn't be too hard to apply it to larger ships. But syncronizing the different parts of the ships to destruct at the same time and make it look good may be hard...

Yeah! Really Nice Choppers!

Will they have orginal sounds? The Wasp sounds very different than the OFP helicopter sound