Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

damn thats nice, i think im gona cry when this mod is released, it like your kids going away to college but way better (I have been watching you sense day 1 every day I cant wait)

I just want to say as I do numerous times on your own forum... great work lads!

If it wasn't for this mod, I doubt I'd have bought Flashpoint in the first place biggrin_o.gif

Argentine used Mauser Rifle BETA PICS

mau1s.jpg

as youve probably noticed the weapons are being focused on to get them done and out of the way smile_o.gif still more to come once theyre ready to be shown off :P

Argentine used Mauser Rifle BETA PICS

[RL=http://falklands.ofpr.com/news/uploads/mau1b.jpg]smile_o.gif still more to come once theyre ready to be shown off :P

That thing looks like something out of ww1, budget cuts on the argentinian side? Wouldnt want to go into battle with that as my rifle  smile_o.gif

heh indeed, just imagine a fully kitted up marine charging your position and you got one of them.....not a good situation that

Aye.. A bloody good rifle thats what it was wink_o.gif

Don't fix unless broken springs to mind...

@topcover- well with the tanks there i hope the rines brought some at weaps to help  wink_o.gif  anyways k98 is a very deadly rifle if used right, it looks incerdible too guys, once AGAIN good work. Cant wait for it all.

@ash- damn staright the US should stoped at the garand and the brits at the lee enfield bolt action series

That thing looks like something out of ww1, budget cuts on the argentinian side? Wouldnt want to go into battle with that as my rifle  smile_o.gif

Don't mock the Mauser

When serving in the Norwegian Homeguard Youth (from 16 to 21), the Muaser was the weapons we were issued. Mine was actually produced in 1938. The reason we were issued Mausers, and not AG3's (Norwegian liscensedbuilt HK G3), was due to the fact that the bloody politicians didn't trust us with the AG3. As if we couldn't wreck just as much havoc with the Mauser? Just before I left, we were issued with the AG3, but with the fullauto removed.

Back on topic:

As usual, good job Falklands Mod.

How much more is there left to be done before your going to relase this mod?

Argentine 90mm recoiless rifle BETA PICS

90mm1s.jpg

Argentine PA3dm 9mm SMG

pa31s.jpg

man i love your guys guns, they sure are beauts. Good work dudes, your slaving will be much apperciated wink_o.gif

It looks terrific guys,excelent work.

One question will you be making new "weapon holding" animations like the Invasion44 team did for your weapons?

Looking cool guys, o just a request could we see the atlantic Ocean Map as it says on ur progress bar that its complete smile_o.gif

just kidding guys, but again you accuracy and detail you put into the stuff you produce always blows me away, you got a great team doing a subject that OFP is well suited to.

One of the funniest things I saw on the news a few weeks ago was a US Army soldier carrying an old Enfield bolt-action rifle in Afghanistan that I assume he captured there.

As alot of American gun enthusiasts know, the Enfield (still plentiful in gun stores and pawn shops all over America, and cheap), are fantastic, rugged, and deadly accurate rifles for long range work. Plus the caliber is nice and heavy (.303 British). For a soldier who's familiar with using an Enfield or a similar bolt action rifle, they can be absolutely deadly if the rifle is in relatively good condition and the soldier is a good marksman.

For close quarters combat however, it would NOT be a good weapon. Just try playing a German soldier in the Inv1944 mod demo using a K98 bolt-action rifle against charging American troops equipped with semi-auto rifles and SMG's. Generally I very quickly look for a dead German officer and grab his MP40 SMG.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thats why they invented a bayonet Miles ;)

Charging troops tend to STOP charging when somebody starts putting 8mm rounds in them from 300m away. smile_o.gif

Cool Huey is it a new model or is it based on the SEBNAM model?

Looks really nice especially the medivac variant  smile_o.gif

Totally new model. It was begun nearly 18 months ago and released as a test to the mod. Since then the body was rebuilt... and rebuilt.

Quote[/b] ]just a request could we see the atlantic Ocean Map as it says on ur progress bar that its complete

even though its complete as its just water, we cant release it as all the islands work from the same pbo's :P good job we have no intention of releaing any islands isnt it hehe smile_o.gif

Any news on your fantastic harrier?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Yup..... its done when its done Lee wink_o.gif