Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Hrm... Is there any possibility of making explosions on water create water splashes like the bullets fired on water already do? That would be a lovely addition to this mod if anything seeing as alot of battles will be fought over coastal areas.

Just watched a doc. on National Geo about your slideshow KEVBAZ.  smile_o.gif Shame about that tactical blunder in RL.

PS: nice work on the destroyed A-4, and the EXTRA danger (for above) it brings with it.

biggrin_o.gif Incoming destroyed A-4!!!  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just watched a doc. on National Geo about your slideshow KEVBAZ. Shame about that tactical blunder in RL.

Youve lost me m8, you mean the slide show as in the 4 pics i posted? and what tactical blunder m8

I think he's talking about San 'Bomb Alley' Carlos waters...

Indeed, 4pic = doc. National Geo. Tactical blunder = HMS COVENTRY changed its possition and by doing that it broke HMS BROADSWORD SeaWolf IR lock on the seconde A4's. (result: couldn't launch SeaWolf and seconde formation A4's could hit it with 3 bombs. 18 of +-300 lost there lives sad_o.gif  .) Fun part: first formation A4 dropped bomb, it bounced on the watersurface and landed onto the BROADSWORD heli on the back.  wink_o.gif

Anyway, ON TOPIC, really nice work you guys are making.  smile_o.gif

Fun part: first formation A4 dropped bomb, it bounced on the watersurface and landed onto the BROADSWORD heli on the back.  wink_o.gif

I'd hardly call that a 'Fun part' rock.gif

i have a piccie of the hole in Broadswords flight deck somewhere ;) My dad was based on her for a while when he still in the RM's

HERE

wow_o.gif

That looks delicious....... Mmmmm, Bofors.

tounge_o.gif

Nice work guys. Keep it coming

Wow so the bullets have proximity fuzes?rock.gif That would be so awesome if they actually generate real flack explosions. It would also be a big advance for the WWII mods out there who I'm sure would be very interested in that.

Anyways it looks fantastic!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It looks like they do already, look at that second picture smile_o.gif Looking sweet guys, keep it up!

It does indeed have explosive shells, which explode at the set range which is selectable in your action menu

bofor1.jpg

No need to tell us twice! Well maybe some...

Looking fantastic! I assume they are set as indivdual guns so more than one can engage from the ship?

the ships are static objects so we can add as many as we like, thats the whole point (plus the limitations) of having static ships, so that all its weapon systems work

Quote[/b] ]It does indeed have explosive shells, which explode at the set range which is selectable in your action menu

Fantastic work.Just a question ,does the Ai make good use of this function?

Not at the moment. even so the Ai do send up a barrage at any enemy aircraft flying low, which makes for an interesting ride if you happen to be a pilot flying though this stuff.

The Argies used 40mm Bofors guns to defend the airfield at Goose Green, so will you be releasing an Argie/ground version too? That'd be nice smile_o.gif