Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Hermes is looking great!! Will the pushdeck trucks actually work? if so it will make turning around planes so much easier.

Ow and another question.

Given the COC artillery has been released will you be looking to intergrate the system with the mod, specifically with the guns on the frigates?

Thanks for the comments guys.. I spent 12 hours yesterday working that new lift into the ship along with a few other internal enhancements

Push Truck

Yes I really hope it can do its real job (in fact it is great pushing stuff over the side all ready, RAMMING SPEED!).

This is one vehicle that I dowt will see actaul combat but will enhance any aircraft ground movememts, nothing worse than having to drive a plane around a carrier, espeically without reverse!.

CoC Unified Artillery script

Well the reason our guns are not among it, is my fault...

Dinger asked me about it some time ago and at the time it did not seem right as we were keeping everything in house and CoC were still an unknown quantity (definately not the case any more), but from what I have gathered (only just downloaded it, not tired it yet) it may well be suited to all the mortars, guns and naval gunfire support systems that the Falklands mod intends to use.

I have yet to discuss this fully with the team and this is my observations, partly due to prior contact with one of the CoC team (who flys a mean ww2 plane)

in fact it is great pushing stuff over the side all ready, RAMMING SPEED!

hehe i can imagine  biggrin_o.gif  Just the type of stupid activity i could happily do all day.

Regaring the CoC Unified Artillery script my understanding is that it should be fully intregatable into any of your addons and will allow radio operators to call in gun support from any compatable weapons system on map that is within range with the click of a few menu options and the map.

sad_o.gif well that was to be expected with the current ofp engine

but still it looks like it will be a great addon

That ship would move extremly slow. Would take you ages to get anywhere with it in OFP tounge_o.gif

AFAIK the max speed of the Hermes is 28 knots wich translates to about 14 km/h imagine puffing along the Malden coast at 14 km/h  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Wonderous work on the Hermes. Making me all itchy, release another beta :P

yes and you coundn't hold any planes or other objects on deck but i sort of hoped that falklands mod would fix that thinking of their harrier

We would like to implement the towing script into the deck pushtrucks but the "bridge bug" will mean it just wont work, unfortuantly

Push Truck is a good idea, it is hard to make a plane into and out of a hanger i am already sick about crash the plane into a wall.......... sad_o.gif

now i just wanta to know: can they still can used on other planes?rock.gif how about towing a Chopper?rock.gif

(i dont know what type of object is the chopper when they are on the ground, are they fixed object on ground?)

We would like to implement the towing script into the deck pushtrucks but the "bridge bug" will mean it just wont work, unfortuantly

look 2 posts up

Ow and another question.

Given the COC artillery has been released will you be looking to intergrate the system with the mod, specifically with the guns on the frigates?

There is a very good chance that we will be involved with CoC Artillery now... wink_o.gif

could it not be simulated by using abit of setposing? like i dont know, say have in the action menu "forward" "back" "left" "right or whatever when the tow truck is X distance away from the aircraft... though i dont know if tat would work or not sad_o.gif

@ Oct. 28 2003,02:14)]There is a very good chance that we will be involved with CoC Artillery now...  wink_o.gif

Fantastic!!

@ Oct. 27 2003,21:28)]with your landing gear down, and flaps extended

tounge_o.gif

so thats what I've been doing wrong

(mental Note: Gear down)

Edit:Will the final mod be like FDF in having its own exe file?