Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

O/mtv

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Nov. 29 2002,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or are you just yapping like 11 year old girls at a pajama party? <span id='postcolor'>

That MaryKayLady is a fiesty one. biggrin.gif

Now, does this have to be a real music video, like with singing and all. Or can it be a really cool scene set to perfectly fitting music.<span id='postcolor'>

Go for it! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Nov. 29 2002,05:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 28 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My personal clip-wish list:

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Manowar - Sign Of The Hammer

Metallica - Seek & Destroy

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

Korn - Here To Stay

and maybe Böhse Onkelz - Bomberpilot tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i got one of Iron Maidens songs on my PC, but its 2 Minutes to Midnight, don't know if you like that one. that and that song is 6 mins and 2 seconds long, duno how bad that would lag up preformance on low end machines<span id='postcolor'>

ok the metallica songs are about 6-7 minutes, but the rest of the songs are about 4.30 minutes long. a quite good lenghth for a clip. wink.gif

This is a good idea, i been thinking about same thing since resistance came out. People are making videos of other games all the time, but no new opflash ones sad.gif

I actually tried to make one this week, a raid by Bas Deltas and MH6, but crappy video capture card stopped me (again).

Anyhoo, more opflash videos would be good.

someone could try to reanimate a classic: the huey air raid from Apocalypse now. of course with Wagner's "Ritt Der Walküren"! tounge.gif

Would be nice to see the Nam pack 2 in action in such a cool way. biggrin.gif

Well, I'm glad you all like the idea. Obviously, using the Wav To Lip utility would be that much more impressive.

However, all talk and no action will not get the ball rolling. We need a serious mission maker to break the ice and show other mission makers that this is worth the effort.

What would sound really cool with seb's nam pack is Creedance Clearwater Revival's Run though the jungle. smile.gif And mb volunteers from the jefferson aeroplane. Bob Dylan's All along the watchtower as performed by jimi Hendrix. *drewls*

Hi All,

Great idea! i might try but i won't promise anything...

i have a great idea maybe the "Animals" song "We Gotta get outta this place" with the Nam Pack biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Come on people i can't be the only one willing to try confused.gif

I would love to try and take part in this, but I'm having some serious trouble with recording, saving, and converting to .ogg.

Prolly going to have a rant topic pleading for help soon if I can't figure this crap out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LT.Schaffer @ Nov. 30 2002,05:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on people i can't be the only one willing to try confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I am actually working on one myself. Id prefer not to say what its about because im afraid someone will go out and steal it.

I am making one. Ill try my very best to get it out sometime soon. But being a crappy mission maker really cripples how effective my work is.

Now how do i start up flashpoint? wink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LT.Schaffer @ Dec. 01 2002,03:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on people i can't be the only one willing to try confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which reminds me of....................

Come on people now,

Smile on your brother

Ouch! Memory recovery hurts. wow.gif

I would also love to see Russian based video custscenes with dramatic Russian music or Russian pop music - old or new.

I know the basics, like Wav To Lip, inserting music and some basic scripting, but i aint no expert (but i will try) . How ever i know a guy who is damn good so ill ask him too smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 27 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i've downloaded seventh's lifeless video, which was made with OFP cutscenes. one soldier was singing but a whole band would be fantastic! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? Didn't see any OFP footage in it. confused.gif

Nice idea, where would we get this music from guys? wow.gif

Ok i fiddled around with the idea this afternoon and it looks promising.

One short tip from me. You need to have lip files related to cuts in video, cause when the singer (s) start to move their lips the music is already running some time. Also lip files from music directly are not that good, cause they lack power and the singers tend to move lips according to rythm and things like that. So I resampled the whole song cut the beats and tried to filter out only the voice. hard enough, but it works quite good. Now you have to think of the plot and draw a storyboard to get accurate lip files that synch to the song.

I wrote some movement scripts, so that a group of ladies does some dancing in the background, but I´m still fiddling with the timing as it needs to by exactly with the music. Otherwise it looks bad. I have the first 15 secs of the video ready but it will need a lot of time to finish it. I already embedded fireworks (real fireworks in the sky), Smoke effects for the stage, fast cuts synchronzed with drumbeat...

I hope I will get this one finished soon. The video has a story and I hope the pictures will fit to music.

Ah yes and I chose a real classic song. It´s "Staying alive" from the Bee Gees biggrin.gif The way actors move within OFP (civilians) looks pretty "strange" so I guess this one fits best tounge.gif

I will keep you updated on progress.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Nov. 28 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">isnt there a age when records rights become free?<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp, there is: 30 years after death of the artist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would be nice to see the Nam pack 2 in action in such a cool way.<span id='postcolor'>

I have two more for this (however, both not fitting the above requirement):

Stan Ridgeway - Camouflage (storyboard comming with the song)

Paul Hardcastle - 19 (wanna see them scratch 'I-i-i-in Vietnam he was 19'wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Dec. 01 2002,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 27 2002,15wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i've downloaded seventh's lifeless video, which was made with OFP cutscenes. one soldier was singing but a whole band would be fantastic! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? Didn't see any OFP footage in it. confused.gif

Nice idea, where would we get this music from guys? wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

there has been one somewhere. you can see David from Seventh in the beginning how he starts to play OFP with VR goggles. tounge.gif The rest of the video is made of OFP cutscenes.

can't remember where i got that one from. sad.gif