Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

O/mtv

C'mon music lovers and mission makers!

Can't anyone produce some full-length OFP music video cutscenes?

I'm willing to host them at The FAQ.

Great idea!! Would be a nice piece of scripting! biggrin.gif

Think of the breakdancing dude and so on! tounge.gif

"You`re in the army now, whohoho, you`re in the army now..." biggrin.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 27 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Think of the breakdancing dude and so on!<span id='postcolor'>

He might cause one of those CANT MEMORY MAP errors. tounge.gif

They can be serious. They can be fun.

Any music is OK, as long as it's not vile. wow.gif

great idea Avon!

i've always been waiting for a "playing-band" addon. smile.gif

come on modmakers! create some guitars and drums and make some new animations for the musicians! biggrin.gif

I think you got something wrong tounge.giftounge.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

But I`d love to see a video featuring music from the late 60s like Jefferson Airplane and so on.

no i think i understood avon's idea.

but in my oppinion, a music video needs a band in it! tounge.gif

i've downloaded seventh's lifeless video, which was made with OFP cutscenes. one soldier was singing but a whole band would be fantastic! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 27 2002,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you got something wrong  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  wink.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No he didn't!

piano2v11.jpg

Downloadbale from OFP Zone DE.

Oahh, I haaaate pianos, they are always worth a grenade or two mad.gif

But may I have a link to seventh`s music video please?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 27 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But may I have a link to seventh`s music video please?<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.seventh.com.au/

Even some people surely would like to slaughter me now, but i kinda like to do trance music from time to time.

But doesn't know if it comes so good in OFP.

We will see. Perhaps after finishing my Leo i'll compose sum more or less fancy pieces of music for OFP.

Making sum beautiful cutscenes may also not being the problem i think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Nov. 27 2002,19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">make sure you abide by copyrights law.<span id='postcolor'>

Two out of three missions you download already have someone else's music in them. tounge.gif

Enough talk!

Looking for our first O/MTV video. Any mission maker out there volunteering? confused.gif

As soon as the xmas-holiday start I'll have some time to sit down and do some serious editing again.

I recently started listening to Megadeth again (allmost 10 years since I used to listen to them).

Finally found a store who have some of their newer albums so prepare yourself for a war-movie featuring Crush'em, The doctor's calling' and some good old ones like Symphony of destruction , countdown to extinction and ofcourse Peace sells....but who's buying tounge.gif

Someone want to make me a Victor-skull for OFP ? biggrin.gif

lol avon lady this really fits in well with the realistic military combat experiance of a lifetime. biggrin.gif

Anyway its still a great idea and anyone with the sufficent skills had better get their nerd cap on because a new chapter in ofp is about to be born tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

oh and that piano is great!!! wish you could could damage it and get a repair truck to fix it tounge.gif

I think it`ll be pretty hard to synchronize the cuts and the camera-moves to the rhythm of the music. For example to zoom in or out on bass or so. How could we best do something like that, if not by trial and error? confused.gif

about copy right

actually, if you play less than 4 sections(?...my musical knowledge is really nonexistent), it's ok.

Nope, not even 1 second is allowed without some kind of deal with the artist/company.

So many of us make music, so it shouldn´t be so hard to dig up something not copyright protected (don´t look at me, my music sucks).

My personal clip-wish list:

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Manowar - Sign Of The Hammer

Metallica - Seek & Destroy

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

Korn - Here To Stay

and maybe Böhse Onkelz - Bomberpilot tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope, not even 1 second is allowed without some kind of deal with the artist/company.<span id='postcolor'>

I read and thought it was two sections of what ever you want...

isnt there a age when records rights become free?

if thats true i want:

another brik in the wall- pink floyd

lil louis- french kiss

the sound of voilence- cassius

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Nov. 28 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My personal clip-wish list:

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Manowar - Sign Of The Hammer

Metallica - Seek & Destroy

Metallica - The Four Horsemen

Korn - Here To Stay

and maybe Böhse Onkelz - Bomberpilot tounge.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i got one of Iron Maidens songs on my PC, but its 2 Minutes to Midnight, don't know if you like that one. that and that song is 6 mins and 2 seconds long, duno how bad that would lag up preformance on low end machines

So, are any of you mission makers working on the first O/MTV special? confused.gif

Or are you just yapping like 11 year old girls at a pajama party? tounge.gif

.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or are you just yapping like 11 year old girls at a pajama party? <span id='postcolor'>

That MaryKayLady is a fiesty one. biggrin.gif

Now, does this have to be a real music video, like with singing and all. Or can it be a really cool scene set to perfectly fitting music. Because if its the latter, i have one damn near complete with my own music.