Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Hey Just had a quick idea from my experience piloting in ARMA 2

Is there any chance even if it's Extremely Small chance of Surviving a Helicopter Crash in ARMA where the type of Helicopter, Velocity, Height, Crew Size. Play a factor in it? like the Higher you are up and the Faster you fall the less chance you have of surviving.

I heard of many stories of pilots surviving crashes in helicopters even if it is small. they walked away with some injuries some severe and some extremely lucky that was not severe but it'd be a interesting feature.

Anyone? :)

Mouse sensitivity settings

Currently you can only set X and Y axis individually. I want both to be same. It should be tieable. I don't know the correct term so please have a look at Gimp resize dialog screenshot. The chain icon next to Ratio X/Y fields is what I'm talking about. It would be cool to have possibility to use numbers too.

- option to choose between "Toggle Sights" and "Hold Sights". Make a separate button for "Hold Breath".

Simple idea for adding immersion to diving: in first person view, there should be a divemask overlay similar to a gasmask overlay as seen in ACE or other games.

To relate to above,

I hope you add or improve the transition between animations. For it to be seamingless it would be great.

A few videos, especially the one where the Bikini chick enters the water, demotes this. It seems like you don't transition properly.

It will be good to see the final product but I hope it is improved.

Coverture System. I was playing Arma2 some minutes ago and I realized of something, we need a coverture system. I was in a post or barracks, however you call it, and my AI soldiers were killed, I took cover with the wooden wall, but I had 5 Ai enemy soldiers shooting at my position, they were very near like 30 meters because it was in the forest, but as soon as I stood up they began to shoot me. The coverture system would help to show only the weapon, otherwise we are forced to show part of the body.

Improve editors simple commands. It is sometimes very problematic in ARMA2, not so much in Arma1, simple task, for example. In the editor I make some soldiers to enter a car of other group (or the same) and sometimes the car just go to the next waypoint without waiting for the one soldier with the order to mount that car (and sometimes the entire group).

- remember to add code to interrupt animations when the person is shot etc i.e. prioritise injury animations over others. getting shot while reloading = drop the mag etc.

Ability for shooting inside boats and some other vehicles

PvP animations: Back grab -> (stun, or kill by knife), and posible to use grabed target as live shield (can walking with him as draging anims in A2)

Edited by J-Guid

Just an idea, gore and dismeberment that can be turned on/off on servers or options.

Also, abillity to choose in options blood texture and how much blood splat.:)

I've always felt that when someone gets shot in Arma, it takes too quickly to heal them. In a way, I like ACE in this retrospect due to the fact that when you are shot, the medical process is much longer.

If Arma keeps its current wounding system, stuff like stretchers or ambulances to load men into to get them away would be useless, for all you do is walk up to them and heal them in under five seconds.

So, my wish:

Make it longer or harder to revive wounded soldiers, making it necessary to actually pull them off the battlefield.

Also, another wish which has been said above, are PvP/Melee animations. I revert to ACE once again, for they have added a knockdown animation to capture prisoners alive. In Arma, it is close to impossible to catch a prisoner, in ACE, it is dangerous, but very, very plausible. Adding Melee animations will allow disarming or even for the to-be-prisoner to fight back, engaging in a sort of GTA style brawl.

A third wish of mine is to make AI recognize cover, and have something of a survival instinct. I understand AI is a bitch to code, and you might have to rewrite the entire engine to make AI recognize the entity in front of them is cover, especially with the new physics engine, but it would be nice to see if AI could at least walk towards something to prevent from becoming a pincushion. Of bullets. This has been said already in the form of using buildings as cover, but what about trees, or small walls? Or trucks, both destroyed and not?

Thanks.

Edited by Gamerboy

improved server browser, visually and functionally with more sorting filter options like, by region (usa,uk,ru,..). improved voice chat and option set for it (volume for incoming, outgoing, sound boost).

Soldiers with different height and body types (fat, strong, thik, hight, short)

Hi team,

Here's my wish for Arma 3;

BIG clouds! Would be nice to fly through massive clouds in the sky, and dogfights would be siiiiiick.

A Cover Mechanic á la Red Orchestra 2 would be nice. It would make shooting from cover pure bliss, you could peep in and out of cover. It would also enable "blindfire" over walls and trenches.

Probably would be too much work to implement though.

I would like to see.

The implementation of:

Content: The main one for me is British Armed Forces + british weapons systems e.g L85A2's Besides, NATO is comprised of more than just US troops :P The 1 thing I dislike about Arma 2 is that BAF is an addon, so a lot of mods do not use the L85A2's and variants/other British weapons systems etc because not everyone owns them. I want to be able to use these weapons as barely any games have them in :p It is nice to play as a soldier from home and not always some soldier from US military as per every other game in the history of the world

Gameplay: More complex Medicing - In ACE you need Morphine, medkits, bandages and compresses etc that can be applied separately. This makes being a medic more interesting than running up to someone, hitting a heal button and waiting. You feel like you actually did something to help them rather than just watching a brief animation then they are up again. It also makes staying alive more of an issue as you are unsure whether the medic will be able to heal you or not in time.

Gameplay/Content: Ditches that you can climb in and out of (without ladders). A bit like the irrigation ditches in Afghanistan. Sometimes I just feel that ArmA is lacking that extra bit. Rocks, walls and mountains are cool, but there is nothing like being pinned in a ditch that you have to fight your way out of to get the adrenaline going.

AI that can't snipe you up to a kilometre away with AK's using ironsights :rolleyes:

Eotech sights and 3x zoom optics with it http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/skus/p_100007265_2.jpg

I'm sure I'll think of something else at some point

Edited by Ginga121

separated weaponry controll in helicopters

like in ace 1/2, so gunner control turret only and pilot control rockets etc etc

also bindable flares button

&

Rockets/Bombs/Fixed Cannon should be on Pilot

Missiles/Variable Cannon should be on Gunner

bumping it up since sof some reason i can't find it added on list or mb i'm blind and thats 4 am

little thing but handy

I like to see:Rotating Becon Lights,Nodes in Editor.

GameCam for recording games.

Chatt with this:http://www.google.se/imgres?q=chatpad+for+Xbox&hl=sv&safe=off&biw=1547&bih=840&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=ycdCTL9YbONZMM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mp3car.com/hardware-development/140189-contest-xbox-chatpad-driver-challenge-48.html&docid=tzeNM-WZsF1uwM&imgurl=http://i54.tinypic.com/14imxlg.jpg&w=1600&h=1200&ei=9xfAT8WjH8v14QSQp_3mCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=391&vpy=167&dur=5159&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=103&ty=158&sig=106796252118899401934&page=2&tbnh=145&tbnw=193&start=28&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:28,i:136

Steering wheel that works exactly as the real one in-game.

Ability to upload images to my Blogger/Picasa account.And Avi/Mp4 video files.

The ability to add things on the fly to cars,not only text,insignias.But lights (editable Strobe lights).Antenae,ladder.

Ability to Animate things on the fly.Attach_to Vehicle button for ease of attachment to things.

in my opinion the mobility of the soldier should be a strong point as well as animations, so

I'd like to see: a cover system as efficient as RO2,

that better exploit the land and the objects in the map.

In the current ARMA 2, mod on the covers seemed too complicated and not very fluid, making the gameplay even more "woody"

I hope that in Arma III is integrated and efficient in all these points

yes please just focus on making the soldier movement more fluid. the human body is extremely flexible and precise in its movements, far beyond anything we have made so far. let that be reflected in ARMA 3.

improved animations for hands with weapons and empty, look at Rainbow Six 3 and other games, when hand holding weapons correctly (fingers dont placed inside models)!

Simple request here: Could you separate the Camelbak (or Gamerpak lol) from the body armor? Could you let the camelbak actually be a separate backpack instead of being part of the body armor mesh?

wish same ( or upgraded ) sky as arma2:

arma 2 contain already:

- real stars & constellations

- Earth rotation

- night longer in winter

- sun change by month

- sun & moon light source

- clouds movements

(720p)

maybe a saison cycle in arma3 ? snow,heat,rain...