Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Guest ti0n3r

Hola. I've been spending alot of time in eden editor since the apex content hit dev branch and I have some requests, related to keeping the well organized selection of faction specific assets going.

* Ability to acces the garage via eden editor in the same way we can acces the arsenal right now. Fast and easy vehicles customization ftw.

* Add all the Altian civilian men and vehicles to the new Tanoan tab under civilian faction.

* Add the FIA vehicles and turret(s) to the Syndikat faction, with appropriate crew. They would fight right in.
* Gendaremerie faction look like they could use an armed version of their police offroad.

* Add some basic infantry units to the Gendarmerie faction, Rifleman, Team Leader etc.

* Change the displayed names in eden for Syndikat infantry to be in line with what we already have for all the other factions (Rifleman, Autorifleman, Team Leader etc). They also lack some essential classes like Ammo Bearer which is a shame.

* Add Heavy gunner, Sharpshooter and other DLC units to the pacific variants of NATO and CSAT.

* Similar stuff I forgot to mention, I think you get the overall idea. I'll edit this post incase I come to think of anything else.

So yeah basicly the idea is to make eden a bit more uniform, to keep the new factions in line with the old ones in terms of avalible assets. I hope you see this post devs. If so thanks for your time :) peace!

no slot for pistol when no appropriate vest, ability to take it in hands from inventory

moving grenade launcher to the menu

so you don't have to cycle thru it to change your fire mode

especially when you are in scope mode

perhaps with scope deploying animation

| parachute landing animation |

| holding weapon over water |

| allow fire if weapon over water |

• Like 3

!!!

removeallcontainerscargo command (or way to get the functionality), removeuniformcargo, removevestcargo,

!!!

function to save cargo inventory (as bis_fnc_saveinventory,..load.., but for objects)

possibility for separate control schemes per vehicle. 

Though most normal vehicles will not need this, this would allow superior control over vehicles with special functionality.

For Apex:

-> more pistols

-> pistols (when there is no vest) are in the back of the pants like in csgo terrorists

-> more transition animations so that you dont stop all the time

-> flashbang / more grenades

• Like 2

| AR mode for pilot helmet HUD | - lines that show basic shapes of objects through an aircraft (only official hovering aircraft)

| toggle HUD in any pilot helmet | - with all the basic info, flight vector, thrust  and advanced vertical speed indicator (only official hovering aircraft)

Drawing on maps that are visible not only to your team. I play a lot of coop and it would be really nice to have the possibility to draw so that the other teams can see it

| view bobbing in vehicles |

like EZDOK, that will add a ton of immersion

and this is the most popular mod for the FSX

also atm, there is no terrain roughness imitated

which means all vehicles just drive on a mesh without any bumps

• Like 1

Please make whole tree in zeus folded on open or same as was on close (with the tanoa (even without units from some mods) search for something in the unfolded list is holy crab, every time scroll it instead of getting item in few clicks is ridiculous)

Could used HUD/MFD class be determined individually for each crew member?

maybe something like

hudPilot/Driver = pilot/driverHud (classname in class MFD)
hudGunner[] = {gunnerHud01,gunnerHud02...} (classnames in class MFD)
hudCargo[] = {cargoHud01...};

and if not given it would default to no hud

This said could we get class MFD hud for the gunner too? 

• Like 1

I don't care who you are, these two are just obvious:

1. Tropic version of the survival fatigues for tanoa, if we had 'em for altis, we definitely need them for Tanoa. 

2. The ability to save multiple custom keybind presets.

0_167ec4_3fcee0ab_orig

/|\

|___________________________________________________________

and of course would be nice to get more advanced then % parts damage system, but with | its fine

POST APEX IMPROVEMENTS

Up Armored Speedboat with 20/30mm Cannon.

Pawnee with 20mm Pom-Pom instead of rockets and mini-gun.

Mohawk version similar to that of the Mi-8 with Rockets.

Syndikat version of Buzzard with Rockets.

Pawnee/Orca/Hellcat versions with AA/AT missiles.

New medium Vessels with TOW (TITAN) missiles, and 20/30mm Cannons and a Radar for AA version.

LSV's with AT/AA versions, and possibly even 20mm version.

Up Armored version of the Marid for CSAT, and the Marshall for NATO.

Some kind of Dynamic Unit Markings for all factions vehicle fitting of the Campaign to add more Authenticity.

AKM variant with GL for Syndikat.

Some kind of Vehicles for Tanoan forces, or unique gear to make them feel like a real existing force within Tanoa.

Static 20mm cannon for various factions.

Missing Swimming gear in Tropic for NATO, and Survival Fatigues for NATO and CRTG forces.

Bring back different ammo types for the RPG-7.

Logistics being expanded to ground vehicles and ships. AKA. HemTT carrying quad-bikes/SLV's in the back, or Off-road carrying Ammo/Weapon cache in back of truck.

• Like 4

BIS i love your game,i have like 2k hours in arma 2 and 400 hours in arma 3 and i can't play arma 3 cuz of it's worst fps,please make the same thing as you did for dayz sa after patch 0.60,cuz i have like 140 fps in dayz sa,but in arma 3 i have like 40-20 in multiplayer,love you T.T

Keystroke to drop ruck (supports react to contact drill)

Hi all. ;)
In a few days, we will receive the Apex release, and it will be the peak of the road map 2015-2016.
What will happen after the Apex? What BIS will do next? Probably, can be released a few patches for the Apex, but what about after this?
As seems to me, many users been asking myself the same questions. 
In fact, for Arma3 there are numerous things, that require more work in the future. In this thread, I want to create a list of primary issues, in the solution of which, today requires Arma3. Of course, this is just a subjective opinion of one person, however, with the support of the users, I hope this list will be supplemented and eventually some issues, can be noticed by the developers. Well, mine is the plan) I think, some improvements from this list, will be able to raise Arma3 to a new gameplay level and possibly will become parts of the next DLCs, so BIS will not work for free.
Since the times of first feedback tracker, the players wanted a lot of things, that we eventually got (the bipods, switch weapon on the move and etc.) I think, there are still many things that we want to see in Arma3 and this is what gives hope for the life of the Arma series. 
Today, I have collected 10 points:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Advanced driving model.
After receiving the Advanced Flight model, in the game needs also Advanced Driving Model. At least it looks logical. 

Also, the Advanced Flight Model did not touch all planes in the game, and if to be logical again, then all planes, also need to improve flight simulation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Interriors for armor.

All types of vehicles in A3, for the player, as driver or as gunner, have interiors, only the heavy armor has no interior. Unfortunately it does not look fair. Creating interiors for heavy armored positions - driver, gunner, commander, will be one of the great improvements to the Arma and are also the perfect complement to the previous point. I think it must be one of the priority items.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119133

> Destruction of the environment. 

When I see destruction of the environment in Battlefield, I understand, that destructible in A3 is lagging behind for not one years. Today, (v1.60) the destructible in the game, only have a primitive model. Improvement of environment destructible in Arma3, must be not less priority issue, because it can raise the gameplay to a new level. At the same time, there is no need to create a new and hard destructible model, inside the game engine. It is enough add to all destructible objects (buildings, glass, other objects) a few additional levels are destruction, add lots of particles and add additional textured damages. For example BlastCore mod shows us, what possible to make the destructible in the A3, is much more attractive. This is possible, without engine editing!

At the same time, some objects in the A3, that should be destructible are not destructible at all. To this objects should be added also destruction model, because it affects gameplay. When the old barn, can stop a tank, or a small stone fence, catches into trap the heavy vehicle, it doesn't look good. 
> Ignition of the environment. 
 Adding ignition to the environment, also can make the game not only more beautiful, but more realistic. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85480
This applies especially jungle of Tanoa, After the release of Apex, will is not very realistic to see not flammable forest, if into this forest, under trees, burns destroyed vehicle.  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85480
> Advanced wound system and medical model.
The ACE mod proved to us, that the detailed medical model can significantly improve the immersion in gameplay. Unfortunately, in mod ACE, the medical system is not supported for AI and for this reason, it is not suitable to many players, who play against and with AI. 
Unfortunately today in A3(v1.60) the any medical system is practically nonexistent.
The player can not understands, where exactly he's wounded, any wound can be healed completely and the player has no any a bleeding and etc.
Thus, creation a advanced medical and wound systems, which understands the artifical intellegence also, could greatly improve the A3 in the future and make it more interesting and realistic.
> Additional and improved animations.
As seems to me, the animations issues in the A3, also priority matter. 
For example, today (v1.60), most of the basic actions for a soldier, still no has proper animations, or even does not exist in general!
Before, I described it here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T84454 
Creating and adding a personalized animations for all basic action, would be able to greatly improve simulation of A3.
Also, in some cases, lack of smooth animations for the soldiers, just spoils the gaming experience. For example, the rotation of the torso of the AI-soldier, when he aims, occurs not smoothly, but by means a jerks. This is particularly noticeable, when the AI aiming in the prone position.
I think, in the future, the work on improving the animations needed also.
> Support Crew for all support vehicles.
The game has many support vehicles, but any support vehicle in A3 is not has a service personel. 
Repair/refuel/heal/reload of ammunition in A3 happens too arcade. Such actions in the game, which claims to be "simulator", unfortunately seem absurd. The creation of the service crews in the A3 (1-2 units) at all support transports and specific steps for their support (repair,refuel,reloading actions and animations), could significantly improve the gameplay and add higher level of simulation. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82544
> The normal repair.
The repair model in A3 is not present in the general. The A3. has many repair units and vehicles, but instead of repair animation, the player still sees the animation of self-treatment, which can often be activated in 5-7 metres before the repair-target. So for 7-8 seconds, the vehicle is fully repaired. It is no less absurd. It seems to me, that such a repair in the simulator-game it's a shame. 
The A3 requires a good repair model (probably with customizable repair module), and every repair should be separate for each parts of the vehicle (engine, body, every, wheel, weapon, fuel tank, etc.) Also the number of the additional wheels in the cargo, should be limited.  My feedback ticket was created 1.5 year ago, but to no avail.  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80930
> AI should use their special weapons.
The AI in A3 is not to use special weapons, that carry in their backpacks (Anti-Personel missiles and rockets, mines and other explosives, static weapons and drones). It's not looks logically, expecially when the player plays against AI-Experts. The game provides to the player the enemy or allied of Expert status, but in fact, it is only bravado. Besides super accurate and sometimes not real the all-seeing fire, the AI in the A3, doesn't know how to do anything, that the expert should make. The AI-Expert, under certain conditions, should be able to use it all up, without any tonns additional scripting. If the player can use against AI the any special weapons, then the AI, should also know how to do it. Otherwise, the player, always gets an advantage and this is not good. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83138
> Additional modules.
Some additional modules are not just welcome, they are necessary. For example the player still does not have the civilian modules or for example adjust the amount of animals in the map (from zero and to more). The following modules from ArmA2 could greatly improve the gameplay A3:

• Like 5

I really wish one thing. I think it is quite important. 

I wish admin text sent through Dart were more visible. As it is now, its tiny grey text. I'd like it to be customizeable. If it indeed IS possible to customize, I'd be thankful if I was told how to :)

Game Engine and/or Modding&Tools:

- Serial communication to outside devices (like displaying vehicle speed on a connected Arduino)

• Like 1