Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

It would be pretty cool if none of the guns had default grenade launchers attached. For example remove the mx with gl attachment. the grenade launghers should be separate and module. then they can be equipped as a primary weapon or attached to rifle as an attachment

then update rifle attachment capabilities, primary rifle should have 6 slots for attachments as follows:

1. ammo

2. muzzle (siliencer)

3. optic

4. left rail (laser or light)

5. bottom rail (GL, angled foregrip, straight foregrip, light)

6. right rail (laser or light)

then add player option to be left or right handed on profile just like you can choose face

this will add significant customization as the player can configure the weapon however they like.

ARMA 3 definitely needs a new gear system. Going through a box full of hundreds of M4 variants just to find the one ( or not find) with the exact attachment setup you want takes a long time.

I also would like it if you looked at objects and hit one action key to use it. For example, looking at the back seat of a jeep makes text saying " Enter as rider" instead of having to scroll through a bunch of options. Of course the scroll menu is still useful at times but everything that is related to a thing like closing a door, getting in a car, or dragging a teammate to cover should be the default option that is activated when you hit the action key.

Definitely need automatic mod downloading/enabling for both SP and MP, as explained by myself and others here http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6428 It's being looked into now at least, which is encouraging.

Server browser should have exclude fields for server and mission, so that these can be set and left (until the user wants to change them) and then the include fields just search through what remains.

Any changes to the action menu shouldn't break the ability to use voice control software, so the order of commands must stay static. Adding a commo-rose or something on top of the existing action menus would be fine though.

Some kind of, excuse my use of the CoD term, melee attack for use in close-quarters. I can't tell you how many times I've run out of ammo in a building and ran circles around an enemy soldier until I reloaded again. It's ridiculous and I think a simple "knockdown" feature as seen in ACE2 would be just fine. I'm not sure how real soldiers are trained to use their rifles as hand-to-hand weapons, but I think a simple jab with the muzzle would be easy to work into the game.

I would love to be able to repack my magazines, often after engagements I end up with lots of only partially filled mags that are only taking up space rather than being useful.

Edited by TheMightyMooseKing

The most needed unit at this moment are a VTOL transport aircraft and a Jet for Opfor and Blufor.

Well since its the year 2035, VTOL capabilities should have been mastered, and the MV-22 proves that, so maybe the 2 aircrafts for transport could be the

V-22 Osprey/V-280 (Kinda a next generation attack/transport tiltrotor vtol)

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/86/V-22_concept.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/bell-helicopter-v-280-valor-tiltrotor/27043/

http://www.moddb.com/members/nightovizard/images/tiltrotor-vtol-concept

V-44 Pelican/Bell quad tiltrotor (source: http://machinedesign.com/archive/long-time-coming )

http://images.machinedesign.com/images/archive/sprey0500jpg_00000032053.jpg

http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/3/2044/v44.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/aangkai/4aeb03e5.png

http://www.afwing.com/intro/v22/Quad%20Tiltrotor.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/jhl-image40.jpg

Vote if you want:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14864#bugnotes

Edited by nightovizard

My requests deal with gameplay usability and ease.

Comprehensive mod / game launcher: A central hub where all servers and required mods can be browsed downloaded and launched. I know there is six launcher which is a step in the right direction but it needs a lot of work as far as usability and logic. So collab with to make much better, or design a whole new system.

1rst person filter: Controversy aside, there is a fair population that desires to play in 1rst person only servers. There needs to be a way of filtering.

Control and customization over what is displayed by the scroll wheel. There has been much talk about this but not much implementation. The ability to customize what is seen in the scroll will alleviate a lot of UI issues. I never want to be able to select my pistol or other weapons ever from scroll or space bar, yet I am continually presented with this option.

many thanks

T

Edited by Big_T

A very interesting concept:

A MX-H (Heavy), meaning, like the SCAR-H, this will use 7.62mm rounds. I think this would fit right in for the NATO troops.

- Gas grenades, gas rounds for artillery, gas rounds for some of the grenade launchers on vehicles. If you enter an area with gas you will die, unless you're inside a gas protected vehicle, or wearing a gas mask.

AI should care for their life.

For example, when armor attacks AI infantry, they should hide (like players do) and try to regroup, rather than hold their ground against the enemy they can't win or is cutting them to pieces.

Also, they should fall back if they lose some percent of their men, or the team leader gets shot, AI shouldn't fight until the last man.

- Make AI medics heal squad members automatically

- Make heavy tracers rounds light up the ground like this (it should be toned down compared to in the video)

A very interesting concept:

A MX-H (Heavy), meaning, like the SCAR-H, this will use 7.62mm rounds. I think this would fit right in for the NATO troops.

At the start of the alpha, the MXM was just this.

Admittedly my main wish would be more engine support for underwater large submarines, maybe even a sample one. :)

Edited by Chortles

Garrison/officer uniforms for NATO, CSAT, and AAF. AAF and CSAT have officer uniforms, but they are very unprofessional, especially for CSAT, and are really as unprofessional-looking as the Takistani officer outfit. NATO doesn't have one. And I say garrison because all the outfits are strictly combat uniforms. For NATO, maybe something like a BDU or better yet the ACU (uniform cut, not the pattern ACUPAT). For CSAT, maybe a BDU. AAF uniform is fine as is.

BEARDS! And not some painted on beard, I'm talking about 3D beards! I honestly probably wouldn't stop playing this game.

i wish something like camera for mortal team spotter. Sonething similar with drones and drone therminal realtime video footage. For example, the spotter, provides video on location, where the mortal gunner should shoot at. When he open artilery computer, in right corner on map, he sees in real time, whats going on on the spot he shoots at. Can be helpful, to correct the fire quickly, see all the changes happening on the attacking spot.

It would be interesting to see:

All mic use goes through direct. When soldiers talk they make noise.

Side and global use goes through direct and also goes to those channels in the normal way, but gets a radio filter, as though it's being transmitted over a communications device.

(and this one is the real challenge)

Add a hand signal channel which can only be heard between players (perhaps side only) with line of sight. Because soldiers use non verbal communications which is far too much ask of character animation in the engine.

In game, when not using a third party VON, its difficult to tell by listening which communications are coming from where. If you're joining up in an invade and annex, or domination game, you have no idea who is who, and where the chatter is coming from.

Ultimately there is no way to stop third party VON software use, but the above would make the in-game sound more understandable, and perhaps somewhat realistic.

*edit, I guess I broke the rule, don't dig up old threads* does it count if its pinned?

I like the game, but see a few "flaws" in the game that could bring better gameplay.

1- In houses, there is nothing to see, no beds, no tables, chairs, nothing. Put something in there. There is no empty room in a war zone. Or reward us with ammo crates or something in some houses.

2 - Let those oil barrel explode when you shoot at it

3 - In operation flashpoint, you could walk miles away from your target. Somewhere in the game, in the center of the woods you saw a tank with two soldiers smoking a sigar. When you killed them, you could take that tank and drive into the target zone. I miss that here. Or that you can at least steal a vehicle somewhere....

4- When you hijack an enemy vehicle you are being detected. Why..I suggest you will only be seen if you shoot at the enemy or get out the vehicle.

5 - select your gear and teammate gear. Just like flashpoint had.

Please improve the game.

Overall, great game. I look forward to seeing what all we still have in store. One of the things I hope to see is an air craft carrier. I have been working on an invasion campaign. I have no where to come from. I want to publish a realistic situation and have every aspect covered so people who play my missions have no questions about their mission. Knowing that Arma 2 had one I would like to see another. I know this post my not reach who it needs to but I had to try.

TL;DR (cept for the ideas that made the list before it was left defunct)

Two things involving long-range scopes on sniper rifles. The first is a common problem when playing games in widescreen format - you are looking through the scope and the entire screen is zoomed in - not just what you see through the scope. The view outside the scope is unfocused but not enough to prevent you from seeing targets enter your vision before they enter the scope, which allows for some preparation in tracking moving targets and just general awareness that is not realistic at all. The view needs to be either extremely unfocused or just simply blacked out so you can't see anything but what you see through the scope.

Second is the zooming ability of the scope. For the higher-mag scope you can only flip between two zoom levels, close and far. This is a bit preposterous and certainly not how scopes with variable magnification function. I was expecting to be able to use the Zoom analogue control that lets you adjust your view to smoothly adjust the zoom of scopes.

Please make a good manual/guide, where all possibilities would be described. Like "shift+click on map" is a waypoint indicator and so on - it has never been in a manual.

Another thing I just thought of, don't know if anyone has mentioned it here before:

- There should be a small Diver Propulsion Device (DPD).

- Some brainstorming: It could have a light on the front

maybe a camera/optics for underwater photography?

and maybe pack into a backpack like the UAV? be deployable from/to backpack while submerged

be significantly faster than swimming,

neutrally buoyant, so you can dismount it and it floats where you left it (maybe as a source of illumination for disarming mines?)

be available from certain boat inventories

maybe there could be a version that doubles as a magnetic anti-ship mine?

Just thinking about it, you could even repurpose the Darter model, cut off the rotor-blades and stick one on the back and hey presto, or of course re-purpose a camera or two from Take-On Mars!

Edited by Flaky

- Lower noise of darter quad uav engine noise in 1st person. It's annoyingly loud currently.

- Make stance indicator show up when you press f. No reason at all for why it should be hidden.