Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

As everyone in here, ArmA III is my favorite game but I've been wondering why it lacks the level of facial details in texture and lightening when compared to Battlefield 4 or LA Noire. Any concern about that?

none whatsoever

Oh my days... Can you imagine the blast you'd have in CQB with this bad boy! An equivalent would definitely be a welcomed addition to ArmA 3 methinks :) The trade off of having so much ammo would of course be the accuracy, impaired vision, additional weight and reduced storage for other items. Taking those factors into consideration I believe it would even things out and strike a good balance.

A weapon loadout like this would also add some fun factor whilst also keeping ArmA's simulation genre and realism intact.

Edited by PurePassion
Thread moved :) Please search before posting and use descriptive thread titles. Thank You!

Alternative Ukrainian tank nearest future - T-100-140

Source

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris01-800x657.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris01a-800x418.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris02-800x537.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris05-727x800.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris06-800x656.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris07-800x693.jpg

otvaga2004_t-100-140_ris08-800x394.jpg

At the plant the name of Malysheva presumably comes construction of the prototype, which has a 7 track rollers and a front mounted engine, as the diagrams T-100-140, but differs in the shape of the hull.

btt0-2.jpg

btt22.jpg

p1030868small.jpg

Edited by Von

I don't know if this has been mentioned before and I don't think I'll go through over 220 pages of ideas just one suggestion. So if it has been mentioned before, take this as support. So as a firearm owner, I find the mechanics of shooting too arcadey in video games in general.

First, is recoil. The gun goes simply up. That's not entirely true. A gun should actually recoil, not just go up. What I mean and suggest is, the recoil animation has an "impulse". The gun goes back into shooter, up and back down to the point of aim like real life. For full auto, the gun impulses back and up in a full auto staccato. In the end, it goes back to the point of aim. I don't know if I'm making sense, but this would provide not only realistic shooting, but interesting game mechanics. Different calibres, actions and firing mode will provide different experiences and tactics. A heavy gun like the Lynx can have a high fire rate but the recoil impulse will take time for a precise shot. Instantly balancing it against bolt rifles unless it's supported like with bipods which would impede movement. Choosing a 7.62x51mm weapon can give you power and accuracy in semiauto but firing full auto will make it hard to stay on target. It also tones down the ridiculous weapon sway. It can be a difficult thing to implement but would be great for a game to get this right for once.

Second is breathing. It annoys me how developers implement hold breath. I get it from a game balancing perspective, but who the hell actually holds their breath until they go blue and have an asthma attack. These soldiers should be more well trained than taking something so literal. It should be breath in and on the out cadence, hold breath for a few seconds. Then breathe in and out, hold for a few seconds. Repeat until desired. This provides a stable aiming for a few seconds (6 seconds is my rule of thumb) and not going blue. As per gameplay balance, this provides a timed accuracy bonus. The player has to make that shot in the allotted time or the breathing occurs losing point of aim. During breathing in this "hold breath" sequence, the crosshairs/iron sight ill go up and back down to original point of aim like a normal human breathing assuming a stable firing position.

Third is stance and weapon swaying. These are some of the worst trained soldiers. The kneeling position should have the support arm supported on the raised knee like every damn army manual in existence dictates. This provides a stable platform to shoot out to 300m and I know it does. Instead these guys go unsupported and sway like they have arthritis. Should this be as accurate as prone? Not really but if you implement it with the recoil system above, it could work wonders. Since grass can make line of sight difficult, an kneeling position is the best bet, but does not soak up as much recoil as prone. This means you can take accurate shots, but still not as effective as someone prone. Swaying is still there, but not as arthritic as it is now.

That's all I can think of now, but I remember more annoyances before. Basically, this would provide not only interesting gameplay aspects, but prove why certain weapons are used the way they are used and why they are used. Why go MXM when you can go ABR? Perhaps the recoil impulse is more severe with the ABR rendering it's second shot capability slower than the MXM and allowing the MXM to be more effective in CQC.

First of great game engine, big improvements from previous tittles in terms of the feal of the game. A few things that bug me all the same since the forum moderator asked:

Scroll Menus are poor like previous games, its quite annoying looking at one door and opening another. Maybe this is something to look at now we have massive building complexs in arma3.

For the 100th time in this thread, the movement/ stance animations are horrid by general consensus get rid of the swag walk animations the one in arma2 is Superior in every way

And lastly I understand your trying to be creative. But the content that's useable in Arma 3 is nil, at the moment there is not a single realistic vehicle is in the game and there are no realistic looking armys apart from the AAF that Bis has made. Futuristic content was the wrong way to go and there isn't even that much of it! You need to understand how most people use this game and that is they use it as a "milsim". Arma for most long term players is like flight simulator but for infantry. Maybe an idea for the expansion of this game is it should only contain contemporary units and vehicles! You'll make more money that way :confused: Don't bother with a campaign we'll make our own.

Bipods and weapon resting. (maybe we will get it if we repeat it enough :) )

I'm sure I've written this before - meh, I'll do it again. What I'd like BIS to do is a full Vietnam War DLC for ARMA3 ie.

1. South Vietnam map (complete with jungles, rice paddies, mountains, beaches, rivers)

2. US Army / USMC / Aust Army / NVA / VC

3. Fire bases including 105mm/155mm artillery

4. Helicopters - UH1/CH34 (USMC)/CH46/CH47/AH1/OH6 Loach

5. Jets - F100/F4II/A6

6. Prop - A1D/O2/OV10/CH47 (Puff the magic dragon)/C130 maybe/C123 maybe

7. Inf weapons - M16/M14/M60/AK47/SKS/RPK/.50 cal/grenades/mortars (60mm/81mm I think)

8. Riverine PBTs (I think they're called..the little navy gunboats)

Think about it....the ARMA 3 platform is the BEST suited game to replicate the patrolling/battles from the Vietnam war ie. seek and destroy missions, LRRP missions, etc. With the inclusion of dense jungles (hopefully framerate friendly), this would hopefully provide the 'scare' factor that a lot of the troops faced whilst patrolling in the jungle ie. not being able to see the enemy until it was too late. Throw in some fixed bunkers and you have yourself a party!! :)

This would be perfect for a full DLC. The majority of the map would be jungle and open paddys with villages spaced out around the map...maybe even a built up area like Hue.

Anyway, thats my wish.

We definitely need smaller grid squares on maps that cover say 10m x 10m or something. This would assist with accurate artillery spotting (and corrections) and providing coordinates for air strikes, LZs, etc.

I'd like to not be staring at my shoulders when turning my head, what's the point in that? It's like I've got a hunchback or my head tucked into my chest when trying to look behind me!

I want to raise a very important question.

Among the players is growing confusion and irritation. We see that the most requested wishes testers and players are not satisfied. Examples: bipod, shooting from vehicles, body armor system injuries and reactions to injury ... Players do not get an answer to the questions: "What will you do from this list" or "When".

Many modders can not begin to work themselves (normal system injuries, treatment, armor), because the game is constantly changing. In this situation, there is an idea, a proposal.

CREATE A ROAD MAP to the most popular questions.

Indicate there that will do and when. This is very important!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16545

Edited by Kirill

The damage system is really bad when it comes to infantry. A bullet can stop a tire of an offroad but wont kill someone even if shot to the head? I prefer Arma Cold War Assault damage system over this one, it's more realistic, I think this could be fixed if you take your time.

About aicraft, c'mon, only 2 (AA and CAS Buzzard)?

We could have transport planes, like the C-130, heavy bombers, like the B-1 lancer and even civilian planes like a private jet.

Besides, when it comes to armored vehicles, we could have anti-tank weaponry like the former German Stug, or even artillery updates with something like a Howitzer.

German NATO Campaign. Seriously, we had Czech Army in Arma 2, we have Brits in 1,2,3. It is time for some germans :).

Yeah, I know, every country wants some love, but Germany actually does NATO Missions.

True:bounce3:

- Big rig with trailer, so you can park vehicles on the trailer and transport them, so you can get a tracked vehicle to the front faster

- TAC 50 Sniper

- More Sniper Scopes

- Aircraft Carriers that you can move during a mission

- Warships

- Full Submarines

- More Attack Choppers

- A-10 Thunderbolt

- More civilian vehicles

- Cars that don't lose a tire when hitting something at a slow speed

i think adding fast roping boeing chinook bell osprey (v-22) c 130 a -10 warthog humvv mrap av-8 harier h-35 vtol bradly apc m4a3 m16a3 m32 grenade launcher with more than just grenade ammo a msr m24 and better sniper scopes the use of bi pods a sniper will never take 1k shot free hand and holding your breath dosnt help at that distance a scar xm8 a mg3 if you add a c 130 let us parachute hunters atvs and stuff out of it

Setting for editor waypoint + script commands to set/get it for a waypoint and group to customize distances between units in formation.

When leading a few soldiers I can divide them into teams (red, blun green, white). It would be good in multiplayer if the real player (with the lowest number) that belongs to a created team could control/give orders to his subordinates soldiers. So there would be a squad leader that can control all (AI and real players separately or as teams) and team leader(s) (if he is a real player) that could control his soldiers (AI most probably because real players could be lead via voicechat or chat).

I would love to see the Cessna flying around Altis and Stratis. Please recreate this awesome plane from the original!

2mo80eq.jpg

Extra sliders below visibility options for infantry, ground vehicles and anything airborne would be nice. Maybe it would also be useful to have three different overall visibility sliders for when you're on foot, in a vehicle or airborne. Some servers have this functionality and it's pretty useful. There is plenty of room for extra sliders in the option menu so why not if it helps making the game smoother and more adapted to different situations.

Numerical hints on the sound and mouse sensitivities sliders would be very welcome too. :)

Edited by dunedain

I bought the DayZ alpha a couple hours ago. After playing it for a bit, I noticed a few things that would really enhance the A3 experience. I'd like to emphasize the things that the RV engine, apparently, is indeed capable of, while A3 is missing it:

-Switching weapon while moving. This is one of the most important things (IMO) that Arma 3 should get. WTF, 2013 and your character can't even switch a weapon while walking!?

-(waaay) more realistic way of turning. you shouldn't be able to just turn super quick, as if you're floating on your feet.

-Melee combat.

-Pants, shirts, gloves and shoes seperated for the character model.

I hope that the development teams can get in touch with each other and lend features from each other's game. It'd be beneficial for both sides.

Edited by ltsThomas

Snow, like in VBS3:

And biotopes!

snYpir said: "We hope that our VBS clients see these videos and buy more licenses of VBS! If you want to see certain features in Arma, then make a noise and let BIS know."

Edited by Oktyabr

Waiting for a lockable backpack(or even just one backpack that locks) :icon_rolleyes: There are thieves out there or didn't you know that? I love it how that when I'm concentrating with the launcher...some arsehole steals my gun and ammo because they are too lazy to get their own! I'm losing my hair in Multiplayer :mad: and there is not much left!

Same as in Operation Flashpoint...a spray painted insignia appears when you jump into an enemy's vehicle or did you forget about that too?

Edited by HellRaiser2