for this one would be at least some useful here is small review of some programming text editors which have plugins|addons for SQF support:

Spoiler

(ratings from 0 (not present) to 5, should open browser window wide enough)

__________________(mainly speed with which you can get answer on question)____________

___________________________________\_\_\_|_/_/_/___________________________________________________(suggestions as you type)

________________________customization_community_________text folding___________bracket matcher______auto completion__________additional

1. Atom______________________3__________4_______________yes____________________yes____(+description, links, comfortability)__(easy setting up, customization and updating but starting lagging with VERY large files)

2. Sublime text_________________3_________3___(only keystrokes but +horizontal folding)___yes_____________(?+links?)____________(popularity? :) )

3. Visual studio code____________3__________3_______________yes___________________yes________________yes_______________(easy setting up and updating)

4. Notepad++____________(4 but it bothering)__3_______________yes___________________yes________________yes_______________(ability to create visual interface for changing variables in code)

_______________________________________________________________________________("links"--to commands' pages on community wiki)

(atom's "community" rating is 4 because all its packages same as source code have own supported GitHub repositories)

(as always i welcome issues,inconsistency finding)

But reason of the thread's creation is question:

_ What software you know which have support for schematic representations and can be used for code creation ?

(or used comfortably alongside with text editors for keeping representation of whole system under development)

( "text editors with nodes" (with fields for creation of schemes using: nodes,connections between them,comments,paintings..)

| 3d view (something like https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/233740/111360945.1/0_19b393_c1b2588b_orig)

| anything else.. )

Known with 2d node systems:

_ visual studio;

_ FSM editor :)

Closest to target i found for now: " Code canvas " (microsoft visual studio) (there at bottom of post is link to good, pretty detailed video),

still hope for more,

targetly looking for editor which can look similar to the picture

visual studio ultimate have nodes "code map", but its only: nodes,connections; one layer; what is not enough 

I give this thread the following rating: __________9;^{\\\||c=E8pS-______|\\gajS____~><____

• Like 8

1 minute ago, jshock said:

I give this thread the following rating: __________9;^{\\\||c=E8pS-______|\\gajS____~><____

congratulations

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

No idea why you'd need schematic representation (3d? what for?) for sqf projects.

Cheers

for any complex system i working with, for easy explanations, for ability to easy leave,resume project without needability to reread and rebuild in mind the scheme and of course for easiest editing

11 minutes ago, Ilias48rus said:

for any complex system i working with, for easy explanations, for ability to easy leave,resume project without needability to reread and rebuild in mind the scheme and of course for easiest editing

What kind of complex system would that be in relation to arma 3?

Do you plan on programming emergent AI based on neural networks?

Sounds like you need to work on proper naming conventions that are readable/understandable if you have trouble with projects that you're returning to.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

What kind of complex system would that be in relation to arma 3?

Do you plan on programming emergent AI based on neural networks?

Sounds like you need to work on proper naming conventions that are readable/understandable if you have trouble with projects that you're returning to.

Cheers

oh, god,

yes, hell complex, unexplainable high tech huge complex systems,

if you know the answer i would highly appreciate answering the question

2 minutes ago, Ilias48rus said:

oh, god,

yes, hell complex, unexplainable high tech huge complex systems, if you know the answer just answer question please

I know but I won't tell.

Cheers

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I know but I won't tell.

Cheers

thanks..

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I know but I won't tell.

Cheers

so you think its fine to complain with some one who asking to suggest software with certain functionality about that he need it?

HOW did i miss this popcorn thread....???

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PuFu said:

HOW did i miss this popcorn thread....???

No idea, he posts quite frequently though.

16 minutes ago, Ilias48rus said:

so you think its fine to complain with some one who asking to suggest software with certain functionality about that he need it?

Who complained?

Cheers

• Like 1

Home -> Forums -> FEATURED GAMES -> ARMA 3 -> ARMA 3 - EDITING -> ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING -> Scripting software

How does this directly relate to Arma 3 again?

21 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Home -> Forums -> FEATURED GAMES -> ARMA 3 -> ARMA 3 - EDITING -> ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING -> Scripting software

How does this directly relate to Arma 3 again?

emm.., related to scripting :)

2 hours ago, Ilias48rus said:

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell
Blue skies from pain
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail ?
A smile from a veil ?
Do you think you can tell ?

No relation to Arma... just a wish of Pink Floyd

• Like 2

For stuff that's too complex to read in sqf you can always write it in FSM

7YeUq6t.png

59 minutes ago, R3vo said:

For stuff that's too complex to read in sqf you can always write it in FSM

thank you for first appropriate answer :) ,

yes and in visual studio present nodes type code map (similar), and there is some other programs for creating maps of that kind

But i hope to find something in multilayer format

(multiple layers on same field (like 3d not like just folders))

i found some inconsistencies in the review, sorry for it, i fixed them

Be persistent in that way. I'm sure you can be a BI dev.               :don14:

_noJoyForNoob = selectRandom [AI action ["lightOn", vehicle Ai], Ai selectWeapon "LAWLauncher", AIhellcat fireAtTarget [groundtarget1,"HellfireLauncher"], diag_FPS > 30),....]

May the FPS be with you.