Jump to content
bloodwyn1756

WMO - Walkable Moving Objects

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, bloodwyn1756 said:

Well it should have proper GEO LOD and It should be declared as a ship (isKindOf "ship").

I can take a look, why it does not work now.

 

If these are the only requirements I don't know either ... I'll do some more tests and I'll come back.

 

Thanks for reply.

 

EDIT: I've tried again and still can't make a player stand on any of my ships while moving ... are they need also some "path lod" ? and is something might has to do with that my ships inherited from "Ship_F" class and not directly "Ship" class ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after testing numerous ideas (like attachTo a local object, setvelocity tricks, or doing synchronisation with a local bot object) with badbenson to improve MP synchronisation of the playerpos, he came up with the idea to use setVelocityTransformation. (Thanks again babe :drinking2:)

 

 

For the riding player himself nothing behaves different, but for other players he does not jump as frequently.

As you can see when going slow it looks way smoother and better. The faster the vehicle drives, the more the riding player will rubberband behind.

 

I think I will implement a speed switch for both modes at about 30km/h in an upcoming update.

 

some minor stuff I am also working on:

- less snapping e.g. falling speed

- more adaptive disablecollisionwith

- better mod compatibillity

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29.08.2017 at 11:13 AM, Αplion said:

 

If these are the only requirements I don't know either ... I'll do some more tests and I'll come back.


isKindOf returns true for ship and any its derivatives. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isKindOf
Have the same issue with my ship addon that has GeoLOD divided due to ship's size and most of the parts inherit from "house" class. Would be better if PhysX GeoLOD was taken into account in the WMO mod since there is no size limit in this particular LOD. It'd be handy in case of large object like big ships.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NightIntruder said:


isKindOf returns true for ship and any its derivatives. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isKindOf
Have the same issue with my ship addon that has GeoLOD divided due to ship's size and most of the parts inherit from "house" class. Would be better if PhysX GeoLOD was taken into account in the WMO mod since there is no size limit in this particular LOD. It'd be handy in case of large object like big ships.

I will have a look at this issue. Getting always the parent object should be the way to go...(also proxies)

 

I will post a "prerelease" version in the next 2 weeks, so that you can test those issues related to your mods and post feedback. :don16:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I am going to realese a test version, so here it is: :don16:

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2s61UEUJqVRQ1R6dGdrYi1mbzg

 

changes compared to the workshop version:

- cleaned up code

- new functions: BW_WMO_fnc_isWMOobject, BW_WMO_fnc_collision, BW_WMO_fnc_getParent (recursively, so wow)

- compatibillity with attached objects

- compatibillity with objects without velocity (f.e. oneachframe setpos like ATS)

- less snapping/falling speed

- smoother MP sync as shown in a post above

 

Issues:

I disable collision between the player and the object that is ridden, to avoid damage and death.

Thats why you are able to walk through walls of big ships etc. Its not a pretty solution, so I am experimenting with sacrifical GEO LODs, that do not have velocity.

Also the attached object still have collosion so you will die when you touch a hitbox of an attached wall...

 

Second, the current system has problems with slope climbing. I am currently looking for a solution.

 

Feel free to give any suggestions to improve this prerelease version. It now also should work with most of your mods.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a quick test and I saw that (look at picture below) you can stand and walk on "blue" area but not on the "red" one ... it is not even possible to stand still on the "red" area when vehicle is in move ... this stands for all of my ships including the Anzac frigate you tested (ArmA 2 import to ArmA 3).

 

O7XsuQl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Αplion said:

I did a quick test and I saw that (look at picture below) you can stand and walk on "blue" area but not on the "red" one ... it is not even possible to stand still on the "red" area when vehicle is in move ... this stands for all of my ships including the Anzac frigate you tested (ArmA 2 import to ArmA 3).

 

"The exact value of the limit is not yet known, but it's somewhere around 50-60 meter from the center of origin (meaning that your object can be 100m wide/long at max if it is symmetrical to the center of origin)." - LOD

 

I think this is a problem on your side. The GEO LOD does not exist there ingame. You could split the back part of the GEO LOD into a seperate model and then attach it.

Spoiler

 

GxByIxf.png

7Uk0wLs.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advise, I'll check my GEO LOD and I'll come back later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×