Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

@ July 18 2003,16:32)]
It's official, the B-17 is on it's way

Good, I needed something to shoot at that isn't as heavily armed as the Pe-8.  tounge_o.gif

And did you catch the part about at least one upcoming western map? Japanese planes....hmmm, sounds promising.

I wonder, will the B-17 be human flyable, and all the gunner postions avail?

Likely not at first. Eventually - you can bet your first born on it. The demand for it would be like what we're seeing for the P-51 right now, and there is plenty of data available, as well as actual flying examples.

@ July 24 2003,14:10)]2 weeks? Well, better late than never

Seems like we've been hearing "two weeks" for two months now though biggrin_o.gif. Oh well, those were estimates from Oleg and this is on the official Ubi site...let's hope.

@ July 24 2003,14:10)]2 weeks? Well, better late than never

Seems like we've been hearing "two weeks" for two months now though biggrin_o.gif. Oh well, those were estimates from Oleg and this is on the official Ubi site...let's hope.

I trust Oleg way more than Ubi Soft, personally. And if it wasn't for the fact that Ubi more or less has me by the balls so far as a game lineup goes (Lomac, Il2, FB, R6, SC, H4, etc), I wouldn't touch them with ten foot pole.

@ July 24 2003,14:25)]I trust Oleg way more than Ubi Soft, personally. And if it wasn't for the fact that Ubi more or less has me by the balls so far as a game lineup goes (Lomac, Il2, FB, R6, SC, H4, etc), I wouldn't touch them with ten foot pole.

Oh Ditto all that, but the sad fact is that the patch release is solely in the hands of UBI.

An odd thing just happened.  I was playing FB as a BF-109 pilot when my apartment began to shake.  I ran to the balcony just in time to see the tails of 6 FW-190 and 3 BF-109 fighters in formation.  They turned and buzzed my neighbourhood fairly closely three more times. wow_o.gif

Two conclusions:

- there must be an airshow coming soon.

- it's a good thing I wasn't playing Planetside. biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif That's pretty damn cool!

I have finally tried FB online, I must say it's an absolute blast, especially on the maps where fights take palce across islands on the sea. (better framerate and all, more strategy)

An odd thing just happened.  I was playing FB as a BF-109 pilot when my apartment began to shake.  I ran to the balcony just in time to see the tails of 6 FW-190 and 3 BF-109 fighters in formation.  They turned and buzzed my neighbourhood fairly closely three more times. wow_o.gif

Two conclusions:

Want to become an instant celebrity in the IL-2 community? Here's what you do:

- Go to that airshow

- Some way or another, get one of the Fw-190 pilots to let you sit in the cockpit.

- Take pictures of the forward visibility.

- Post them in the Il-2 forums.

- Watch the ensuing mayhem and flamewars over refraction, sitting on a parachute, the gunsight being 2 degrees off, Russian bias, ect ect. biggrin_o.gif

Two conclusions:

Want to become an instant celebrity in the IL-2 community? Here's what you do:

- Go to that airshow

- Some way or another, get one of the Fw-190 pilots to let you sit in the cockpit.

- Take pictures of the forward visibility.

- Post them in the Il-2 forums.

- Watch the ensuing mayhem and flamewars over refraction, sitting on a parachute, the gunsight being 2 degrees off, Russian bias, ect ect. biggrin_o.gif

LOL- and of all the new smileys, what the hell are these things?

blues.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gif

Yeah those smileys are really something. crazy_o.gif

I forgot to mention, I think I suck at this FB MP stuff, or these people do nothing other than play that. smile_o.gif Probably a little of both.

Yeah those smileys are really something.  crazy_o.gif  

I forgot to mention, I think I suck at this FB MP stuff, or these people do nothing other than play that.   smile_o.gif   Probably a little of both.

I was getting shot down for half a week online before I got my first kill smile_o.gif (Not counting that friendly bf-109 I mistook for a Yak). It takes some practice, people aren't nearly as predictable as AI.

The first two smileys are OK, but what the hell am I supposed to do with this one!? ghostface.gif

I´d like a return of the original triple? smiley.

Ack! Someone in the community should offer to take over maintaining the thing. Ubi shoul if no one else will!

This is a bloody shame!

Ubi would like us all to use their service anyways, which IMHO is total crap. In fact the conspiracy theorists are saying Ubi made this happen.

Good riddance to bad rubbish maybe now they`ll make it so u can see games on ASE and hopefully get more dedicated servers up  ghostface.gif

HL aint going anywhere. Apparently the site was hacked while the admin was on vacation.

@ Aug. 10 2003,22:32)]

Good riddance to bad rubbish maybe now they`ll make it so u can see games on ASE and hopefully get more dedicated servers up  ghostface.gif

HL aint going anywhere. Apparently the site was hacked while the admin was on vacation.

Thats not what i herd:

Hello All

The problem begin with a friendly warning from my ISP about running a daemons in their servers. We exchange some emails and made an acceptable agreement. So, inferno for hyperlobby players will not happen in near future, and the HL server will continue in flight operations smile_o.gif

See you in the lobby

Jiri

WOOHOO !!!11!!!!1

Posted by catrix on the forums:

Hi all,

For you information the patch 1.1b will be released tomorrow afternoon (European time).

Thank you for your patience.

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Heres the link <><><>