Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

My 262 can fly on one engine! Woohoo!

(Side effect of that is that I can no longer take the 262 from 500kph to 0kph in less than a second! No more thrust reversers when landing!)

@ Aug. 13 2003,11:57)]
I hope they figured you you CAN restart carburated engines in mid flight.  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

They did fix that.

And on the upside, the I-16 is now a deathtrap  biggrin_o.gif

Sounds good to me. smile_o.gif

If you can't play 1.1b on UBI don't panic, look on the official forums for the 2 registry changes you need to make and you're set.

Yeah I got a little surprized too when it wasn't working.

Should be very interesting to see Lavochkins vs. Oscars and Zeroes.

If they do model the Zero, it better be as fragile as it was in real life, otherwise its performance will be the marquee of early/mid war fighters. But if it can be sawed in half like the piece of flying plywood that it is, well then that's fine smile_o.gif

Speaking of sawing things in half, here's a track I made of me practicing my aerial gunnery. And I've reformed my opinion of the Mk108- it may be inconsistent sometimes, but that just makes it that much more fun to carefully place your shots on engines and vertical stabs smile_o.gif

Note: if you see anything odd happening in the track, i.e. my plane firing at empty air, it's due to a new track recording bug that causes airplanes to be in the wrong spot doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Although I did run through it a few times, and the only irregularities I saw were towards the end- the really fun part is right at the start when the lead plane's rstarboard engine explodes, causing it to spin in and knock the wing off the tail-end Charlie  unclesam.gif

Anyhow, without further ado, here ya go: http://texn4life.homestead.com/files/target_practice.TRK

Right then, own up, what are your thoughts on the patch, pro's and cons.

(And where the hell is Tovarish, does he have exams at the moment?)

Right then, own up, what are your thoughts on the patch, pro's and cons.

(And where the hell is Tovarish, does he have exams at the moment?)

Pro- it's here

Con- Bad timing for me wink_o.gif

I have one more final to write, on Tuesday, and right after I finish writting it I'm being picked up at the college and driving to Quebec for a week of camping (I start classes again one week after this round of finals) .In order to concentrate on studying as much as possible and avoid temptation, I haven't downloaded the patch, so I might not get to try it till around early September.

I'm curious though, after all the wait and flamewars, is it worth it? has it overall fixed what it's meant to fix without breaking other things?

FM tweaks mainly, and the ironing out of a few bugs.

The campaign is a lot more fun now though...

I take it He-111 and TB-3 AI's no longer feel like they can outturn a Yak-3?

Strangely enough I haven't flown them yet. The AI changes however are great. Watching an entire staffel of 109's swooping down and taking deflection shots on unsuspecting aircraft is fantastic, all of my sqn's kill rates have at least doubled. (My element leader has 102 kills so far. Pretty good for an AI)

I picked up that 'Operation Barborossa' add on pack today. It's effectively the same as the downloadable one for IL2 but now comes ready for FB. (And has a shiny manual!)

On a side note, I finally managed to get my hands on a Knight Cross! (With Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds)

i-1.JPG

It turns up on Monday!

(It's back to front in the photo so the Swastika doesn't upset anyone)

Possible New Toy for Luftwaffe fans

Oh, and I downloaded the patch last night, right after getting back into civilization and the English speaking part of Canada around midnight, and I played around in the QMB with the P-39 for a bit. Two things I've noticed - either the BnZ AI has been greatly improved, or I've gotten rusty. Also, I think I really like the new FM's, at least in the P-39, it got back the character it lost going from the original Il-2 to Il-2 FB. It's a challenge to fly. I'll have to try out some other planes tonight.

Possible New Toy for Luftwaffe fans

Oh, and I downloaded the patch last night, right after getting back into civilization and the English speaking part of Canada around midnight, and I played around in the QMB with the P-39 for a bit. Two things I've noticed - either the BnZ AI has been greatly improved, or I've gotten rusty. Also, I think I really like the new FM's, at least in the P-39, it got back the character it lost going from the original Il-2 to Il-2 FB. It's a challenge to fly. I'll have to try out some other planes tonight.

By 'character' you mean 'tendency to go into unrecoverable flat spins', right? wink_o.gif

@ Aug. 25 2003,14:27)]By 'character' you mean 'tendency to go into unrecoverable flat spins', right?  wink_o.gif

Lol. No, not nearly as much as in the original IL-2. The tendency is still there if you try to bank and yank as hard as you can though... but it stalls more often, and overall it's more fun to fly. Keeps you on your toes.

Just messing with ya- I like the P39 too. Plus that polished metal skin is so beautiful, it is my responsibility to play with it unclesam.gif

I like the p-39 but i hate t he stupid cockpit lights crazy_o.gif

How big is the patch BTW?

I like the p-39 but i hate t he stupid cockpit lights  crazy_o.gif

How big is the patch BTW?

Quote[/b] ]Patch 1.1b for IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles is now available for download. The filesize of this patch is 42.1Mb

One visit to the IL2 forums, and I think I might hold off on installing it.

The latest patch even manages to disable the K4's rudder!

Sigh...

cookie2.gif

hmm now i should see a few ppl flying planes OTHER than the k4 smile_o.gif