Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

compared to the RvS launch? Much smoother biggrin_o.gif

Heheh, I've been reading the "F-15 radar" thread, and I see the seeds being planted for a widespread "commie conspiracy" theory, ah, just like IL-2. biggrin_o.gif. Good thing the head of development dosen't have his own forum where people can insult him.

seems to some sort of conflict between the release code and missions built during development on betas. People report the F15 radar works as advertised in built missions and the fast battle planner, but in training and campaigns, where the missions were built on earlier builds do have the 'disapearing' radar bug. Don't ask me how this is happening, but at least we are tracking down the bug.

Where are you finding LOMAC? Best Buy doesn't even have it in their wharehouse.

I went to the mall today and they had a few copies at Electronics Boutique.

Where are you finding LOMAC?  Best Buy doesn't even have it in their wharehouse.

Best Buy never gets in new games very quickly. I doubt you'll see it there until Tuesday at the earliest. EB, on the other hand, has had it since Friday.

speaking of Best Buy, when i was running around to get Resistance, I asked one of workers there, and from what i saw on the screen, they got OFPR from Infogrames(?), not Codemasters. so yes, it might be that it will take some time...

also LOMAC is only released in North America right now. The Europe/Australia release is in early December.

to continue the radar 'bug' debate, look into the Radar thread started by the Producer Matt Wagner and Shelpski, one of the beta testers. They are explaining in depth how the radar works and why people aren't getting contacts.

So really there is no bug, people were just in bad positions trying to search targets.

to continue the radar 'bug' debate, look into the Radar thread started by the Producer Matt Wagner and Shelpski, one of the beta testers. They are explaining in depth how the radar works and why people aren't getting contacts.

So really there is no bug, people were just in bad positions trying to search targets.

Oh I figured as much, people used to the newer radars modeled in the F-16C and F-18E expecting the same level of user-friendliness in the F-15C biggrin_o.gif.

What cracks me up is, from my experience with the Il-2 forums, I saw something like this coming - A couple of days after release there are  people complaining that the US planes are modelled at a disadvantage compared to the Russian ones. I hope for your sake it's not a sign of things to come smile_o.gif

What I leave the forum for 6 months and the only thread I praticipate in dies? What gives smile_o.gif

Anyways has anyone tried LOMAC yet? The release is going well so far.

After (finally!) having enough spare time to try out the public beta 1.2 patch, I'm pretty surprized myself this thread seems to have died out....I mean P-51's, Zero's, Ki-84's.....what gives, no one here's interested in those?  rock.gif I just spent a couple of hours trying them out against each other and my Yak-3 in the QMB, what a blast. Those damn Zero's outturn the Yak-3, but they are a tad too underpowered. The P-51 is a powerful beast, but those 6 .50 cals seem a bit weak. I was also happy to see that the compass is now visible in the Yak-3 cockpit smile_o.gif (Yay! no more speedbar for me!)

I've been guilty of neglecting FB- been playing OFP of course, and along with the Lomac demo and now Lomac proper, occasionally America's Army and Raven Shield, and the other assorted games that held my attention for an hour or two, I've completely forgotten about it. I think it was a combination of the bugs that had cropped up in alot of Radeon cards in FB, along with my sudden loss of force feedback that came with switching to the X45. To be honest, I didn't even know a new patch had come out. But I intend to rectify that situation, starting... now.

*runs off to find a link to the patch*

It's a public beta, so back up your FB directory before installing.

And oh yes, there is a (non-working) USA option in the campaign menu now smile_o.gif. (I was however disappointed that none of the flyable P-51's have the much anticipated gyroscopic gunsight)

It's a public beta, so back up your FB directory before installing.

And oh yes, there is a (non-working) USA option in the campaign menu now smile_o.gif. (I was however disappointed that none of the flyable P-51's have the much anticipated gyroscopic gunsight)

And what's this I hear about there being a dedicated server patch now? 'Bout damn time

The new planes are nice, especially the Ki-84. The zero is VERY easy to take down. Poor guys who flew that IRL, no selfsealing fuel tanks, no armor to speak off. Its VERY maneuverable but A few well placed shots from any canon will take it down in a ball of fire where a FW-190 would have just continued on its marry way. A Zero pilot had beter make sure his adversary doesnt get a shot in smile_o.gif Are these all the new planes we will see in the 1.2 patch or just a sample? If they want to portray combat in the east they are going to need allot more planes, like hellcat, corsairs, B-29's smile_o.gif The B-17 is like attacking a hedgehog with a Me-262. You REALLY want to boom en zoom them otherwise the concentrated fire from a formation of B-17's will rip your plane to shreads!

The new planes are nice, especially the Ki-84.

Yep, finally a flyable on the Axis side that suits my taste smile_o.gif

My return to FB is that I actually started to play the namesake, IL2. Man is it fun. I laugh how close it is to fly the IL2 in FB and SU25 in LOMAC. The only real thing the SU25 is the laser ranged gunsight for more accurate rocket and bomb attacks. Everything else is pretty much the same smile_o.gif

Everything else is pretty much the same smile_o.gif

Except for the minor detail of being able to go past mach 1 with ordenance expended  wink_o.gif

My return to FB is that I actually started to play the namesake, IL2. Man is it fun. I laugh how close it is to fly the IL2 in FB and SU25 in LOMAC. The only real thing the SU25 is the laser ranged gunsight for more accurate rocket and bomb attacks. Everything else is pretty much the same smile_o.gif

The idea of being messerschmit bait has kept me from trying that in IL2 biggrin_o.gif

speaking of Best Buy, when i was running around to get Resistance, I asked one of workers there, and from what i saw on the screen, they got OFPR from Infogrames(?), not Codemasters. so yes, it might be that it will take some time...

Lol.. Infogrames is not all the great, I think personally.

The new planes are nice, especially the Ki-84.

Yep, finally a flyable on the Axis side that suits my taste smile_o.gif

I know, that damn Ki-84 is too damn good. It's fast and the roll rate so insane, it feels like an F16, not a prop plane. If I fly online it would be the only one I would use now.

It can be beaten though. Recently I flew a 109 w/ 500kg bomb, 1.5 second delay. Low altitude, Ki84 gave chase. By the time he realised what I had done, he was already getting reacquainted with Mother Earth. smile_o.gif

As for dogfighting it... it is a beast indeed. It was historically a very deadly plane. From all accounts, the equal of it's contemporaries on the Allied side. US aircraft were often instructed not to engage them, and even ground control would sometimes set the US flights to avoid them. Now, that doesn't mean they were or were not better.. just that the Allies at that late stage in the war, would rather go against lesser aircraft and have better prospects of success/low losses.

Well you wont be using them after 00:00 on 1-12 because the game quits and wont restart. Its back to 1.11 smile_o.gif Hope the patch comes out soon!

Well you wont be using them after 00:00 on 1-12 because the game quits and wont restart. Its back to 1.11 smile_o.gif Hope the patch comes out soon!

That's... one hell of a bug. tounge_o.gif

@ Nov. 30 2003,22:56)]

That's... one hell of a bug.  tounge_o.gif

Not a bug, all the previously leaked IL-2 patches had this as a security feature....I guess they weren't initially planning to make this a public beta but decided "what the heck, all the other patches have been leaked anyway"