Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

Finnish defence forces

We are mainly working with (alik)Blake (and thanks to others too, Murmeli and Kegetys) to do a Finnish Defence Forces (FDF)

This "mod" (or really, it's a simple addon) has

- a new Rk 95 modelled and fully textured (possibly Rk 62 too)

- a new NSV ItKK 12.7mm (An airdefence MG)

- a new APC called "Pasi", which has the ItKK on roof

- real Finnish units

- different armored units in Finnish Defence Forces colours

- a new pistol for officers and military police

- a new light mg, KvKK (If I can get good pics for texturing)

- APILAS (same as Kyl APILAS)

- a TOW PST missile

- a new sniper rifle, SAKO (if I can get textures)

- and some other shitty things  tounge.gif

We've got Rk95, NSV ItKK and Pasi ready, so you can have some screenshots soon, this week or next week, we'll see.

So after those screens, I'd like to have some commets what we could improve or add.

-MikkoV =FinP=

Yeah, go Finland, go! smile.gif

That's the best sounding addon I've heard so far. If you're going to finish it some day then we can make some nice mission with Finnish and Russians fighting and maybe even with Finnish voice acting too! tounge.gif

Keep up the good work, pals!

Mi-8?

Just cut off the rocket pods from Mi-17.

Hope you make good infantry units, that´s what im only waiting for  biggrin.gif

Are you planning on making a campaign to go with the addons, if so. Im delighted  to help you guys out with my excellent Scripting skills (Yeah right)  wink.gif

Mi-8 rocket pods can't be modified as the original model doesn't open up (only demo models will).

Maybe campaign will follow, but now the focus is on weaponry.

SP campaign would be cool but Kyllikki is co-op oriented so maybe some coop missions will be included...

Fantastic!

DKM Pasi sucked anyway. Is the model which will be released the one made by Kegetys? smile.gif I saw a screenshot of it a looong time ago.

How about making a TAK-85 sniper rifle? As far as I know no units have TRG-42 (the so called KIV-2000) as their sniper rifle.

I happen to have a crude drawing of the Norwegian sight used in Finnish NSVs, would you like me to post it here?

Edited: A horrible typo occurred ...

One more thing came into my mind, looks like the Desert OFP team are creating a really great looking TOW, so how about making the PstOhjus 82 (AT-4 or was it AT-5) instead?

Also, it would be nice to have some objects like a pj or sissi tent wink.gif

Objects would come in handy.

The most important thing is the Snow uniforms. Real ones not just some re-texture of current OFP units, a new model. It doesn´t have to include all of the armor or so on, we have them allready made by for example Kegetys, but infantry snow outfit, don´t know what they call them in English wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One more thing came into my mind, looks like the Desert OFP team are creating a really great looking TOW, so how about making the PstOhjus 82 (AT-4 or was it AT-5) instead?

<span id='postcolor'>

That TOW is the Pst Ohjus.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The most important thing is the Snow uniforms. Real ones not just some re-texture of current OFP units, a new model.<span id='postcolor'>

That was in our minds too, but it's a REAL heavy thing to retexture every lod so that we could get our paths and our textures to it. Of course we will think that option too, if we can manage some easy way.

Great! Codename SLASH seems a bit slow in updating, you´ve already accomplished more than they have in 6(?) months!

Eteenpäin, pooojaat! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That TOW is the Pst Ohjus.<span id='postcolor'>

PstOhjus 82 is Soviet AT-4 Spigot, PstOhjus 83 is TOW 2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Nov. 07 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fantastic!

DKM Pasi sucked anyway. Is the model which will be released the one made by Kegetys? smile.gif I saw a screenshot of it a looong time ago.

How about making a TAK-85 sniper rifle? As far as I know no units have TRG-42 (the so called KIV-2000) as their sniper rifle.

I happen to have a crude drawing of the Norwegian sight used in Finnish NSVs, would you like me to post it here?

Edited: A horrible typo occurred ...<span id='postcolor'>

Kegetys is working on Pasi - but don't expect it to be released soon. We experimented mounting NSV on DKMM Pasi and it worked fine. NSV is in already in iron sight version and version with optical sights will be made soon. I've got the real sight reticule in GIF format, should be accurate enough.

M85 sights are ready (in a way that you can judge distance to man-sized targets up to 600 meters) and we're currently using modified hunting rifle to simulate M85. But model will be done eventually.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M85 sights are ready (in a way that you can judge distance to man-sized targets up to 600 meters) and we're currently using modified hunting rifle to simulate M85. But model will be done eventually.<span id='postcolor'>

I assume you made the Zeiss Diavari 1.5 - 6 x 42 sight? I happen to have a photocopied manual of M85 at home which I took from the army (I was a sniper) with a lot of detailed information about the sights too, so drop me a line if you need anything.

Great work!!  Let me know if I can help you guys out at all.  I don't speak finnish, but grandparents came to Canada from Finland (do I still qualify?).  

Here is my resume  biggrin.gif

http://www.baconbomb.com/vympel

I've been thinking about doing some Finnish weapons for a while - so if you would like any help, I'd love to do some weapon modeling for the project.

Great work! biggrin.gif

Are you going to make new infantry models or just improve the old ones?

And by the way, you guys doing the T-72 or T-55, maybe improve them a little (and perhaps a Leopard! wink.gif )

M91 camo fits quite nicely over US soldiers and looks authentic I think. But we have plans to make older M65 camo pattern too over modified Russian infantry models.

Armor has not been forgotten:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/temp/panssari.jpg

that skin is by p7p team. BMP-1, BMP-2 and T-55M have been already made into the pack featuring aspects from unofficial 'Kyllikki Realism Pack' like un-exploding SABOT ammo, HE-Frag ammo type, realistic penetration/damage values, real gun barrel depression values, new sounds etc. But bear in mind that this is of course still all BETA smile.gif

No plans for leopard yet, maybe our old brothers-in-arms at Bundeswehr will be kind to lend their Leo 2 model  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No plans for leopard yet, maybe our old brothers-in-arms at Bundeswehr will be kind to lend their Leo 2 model<span id='postcolor'>

You should check the current thread about GeneralMortars' Leopard 2A4. It would look very pretty in Finnish camouflage smile.gif

How about our other new and very expensive western toy, the CV90, any plans for that?

Leos and CV90s would be very nice if one wants to simulate rapid deployment brigades.

Will there be like Pioneers or Special Jaegers in the pack or mod? Pics?

and about the release, any date on that, or plans?

Blake, you should include the Kege´s Hawk in the pack, maybe with new textures. tounge.gif

We try to put all possible Finnish-related addons out there to this pack - Kege's hawk is already there. We have yet to make ground attack variant of it armed with 2x57mm rocket pods.

No release date yet, perhaps then when it feels that it's 'good to go'.

Earl!

Instead of helping these boys out, convert the stuff you did for GR to OFP NOW!!!! tounge.gif

Ofp is in a real shortage of quality russian stuff sad.gif . Please do it! We really need it!!!

oh and btw im finnish too so im really excited about your work boys..

I agree with Digital here, OFP is really short on good Russian soldiers, they look like my Granpa when he is going hunting confused.gif

Is there anyway to change the radio chatter in OFP (

"1: Damn... 2 is down") with somekind of Finnish replacements?

I am really looking forward to this addon smile.gif Keep up the good work!

Ei saa peittää

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there anyway to change the radio chatter in OFP (

"1: Damn... 2 is down") with somekind of Finnish replacements?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it is possible, if I remember right, in SEB Nam pack they used to say something like "Charlie, 100" and not "Soldier, 100".

Combat Mission 2 has great Finnish voice acting, the same should be for this addon smile.gif It would be nice for foreigners to have the radio chatter in text in English (of course), but it would create a really realistic feeling if the soldiers would speak Finnish. Imagine that when a soldier is injured, he would yell "LÄÄKINTÄMIEEES!" instead of just "Injured" biggrin.gif

Voices can be replaced most certainly and text strings too, some players online use custom text strings without any problems. It is possible I think to replace OFP default wss voice files but it will be one hell of a job since wss file converter is command-prompt operated tool and there are many, many voice cues out there. But then there is the problem when you play americans they talk finnish wink.gif

Maybe there is a possibility also to create separate voice addon, perhaps using easier ogg file format like the red hammer voices were done (VoiceRH.pbo). We'll see smile.gif