I'm not sure where you get your inspirations from, but you sir, are a creative person!

BI should pull you into their brain-storming meetings!

• Like 1

This is absolutely awesome! Great work there Duda.

18 hours ago, duda123 said:

65 car train successfully tested on Tanoa! I'll probably put limits on the number of cars, but 65 are running smoothly on the track.

Wow that's really impressive. But you still have some way to go before you reach world-record numbers ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_trains

Such long trains would be ideal for the monster Australia map

• Like 1

3 hours ago, domokun said:

Wow that's really impressive. But you still have some way to go before you reach world-record numbers ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_trains

Such long trains would be ideal for the monster Australia map

World record is 682 cars :)

Here's a demo with some improved track movement and a long CUPS train:

• Like 2

If i was a good modeller, id like to create a steam loco for those WW2 Scenarios. Also as a question, i assume 'attachto' should work ok with wagons? I only ask as i think mounting a Zsu or Machine-guns on the flat wagons could be fun :icon_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

If i was a good modeller, id like to create a steam loco for those WW2 Scenarios. Also as a question, i assume 'attachto' should work ok with wagons? I only ask as i think mounting a Zsu or Machine-guns on the flat wagons could be fun :icon_biggrin:

I will need to build support for it. In order to make the train move smoothly in MP (and reduce the network traffic), the train objects are actually converted local-only objects that other players can't see. Each player ends up creating their own local-version of the train that predicts and smooths out the train's movement based on periodic updates from the driving player. What would happen right now is that the attached gun would get hidden when the global train object is replaced with a local train object.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, duda123 said:

I will need to build support for it. In order to make the train move smoothly in MP (and reduce the network traffic), the train objects are actually converted local-only objects that other players can't see. Each player ends up creating their own local-version of the train that predicts and smooths out the train's movement based on periodic updates from the driving player. What would happen right now is that the attached gun would get hidden when the global train object is replaced with a local train object.

Understood, thanks for the reply. 

26 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

What you really want is a Flakvierling mounted on a flat-bed car!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_cm_Flak_30/38/Flakvierling

390ba7bb572b9fa4e577d64a3134be28.jpg

• Like 1

Duda, you are a tank :smile_o:

Only an hour after having the suggestion to have a gun emplacement on a train, he goes and makes it so. Continue the excellent work, I just don't know how you do it.

• Like 1

Here's the latest - 250 car train running smoothly, no noticeable FPS drop.

• Like 7

Does every waggon have its own weight defined or why did you use three engines?

4 minutes ago, in005 said:

Does every waggon have its own weight defined or why did you use three engines?

Not good reason. Could have used just one.

I done modelling some time back on Microsoft Trainsim the basic game was programed by Kuju but there seemed to be no restriction on altering and using the software for your own modeling it also had steam, diesel, rolling stock and electric train sound files that you could use on new modeled locomotives and rolling stock. Perhaps this may be of help. still have trainsim DVDs. I used Amabilis 3D Crafter it is a cheap 3D modeling program but works O.K.

Edited by alan w
add more content
  • Like 1

The gun emplacement is a fantastic idea, but as you can see, if you hop off it while the train is moving, say bon voyage.

Would the "Attachtowithmovement" mod work to alleviate this?  I haven't heard much about it in a long while or if it even works, but it might help in making the gun emplacement idea more useful in practice.

Looking for someone to try out the trains in MP right now - sever is running. Anyone want to try it out?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, duda123 said:

Looking for someone to try out the trains in MP right now - sever is running. Anyone want to try it out?

If only I were back home with my rig and not on the road.... oh man...

42 minutes ago, 1LT Creech said:

If only I were back home with my rig and not on the road.... oh man...

Sorry you missed it. Here are two videos of myself and Soolie pulling large trains into the station:

• Like 4

What should the addon be called?

Arma Trains

Arma Train Simulator

Advanced Trains

?

• Like 1

Also, if anyone wants to help add support for the CUPS tracks, let me know.

Requires a bit of work in game to find specific points on the track models. I have a mission to help.

13 minutes ago, duda123 said:

What should the addon be called?

Arma Trains

Arma Train Simulator

Advanced Trains

?

ATS is way too cool :D
Advanced Trains good, too!

Good to keep with the "Advanced" theme I think. Advanced Transit maybe?