7 hours ago, feint said:

Honestly, for the first feature (adding a loading message), I would recommend just creating a startup sound that plays when you enter the train.  Real trains take a long time to start up.  This delay adds to the immersion.

For the second feature (remote disconnect), I would not even worry about creating this feature.  Yeah, it's a game and you want to make things easy for players, but remote disconnection sounds a little advanced for the purely analog connections between these trains in real life.  In real life, you'd have to ensure that all of the trains are ready for connecting before bumping them together.  And you'd also have to manually release the coupling by hand by walking to that train.  So I think the existing method of walking to the individual train that you want to disconnect is the way to go.  Plus it reduces your development time.  I know I've had projects slow way down due to feature creep or because I personally wanted to solve some issue that probably didn't matter in the larger scheme of things.  But of course, it's your addon.  Have fun creating it!  Looks great so far.  :)

The last update video shows the loading message and train disconnecting in action. Wasn't planning on letting the player disconnect from within the train engine. Player has to get out.

All that's left is letting other players get on the train and testing. Might be ready next weekend.

• Like 7

Thread cleaned up - asking for updates is not allowed. It is counted as spam, please adhere to the forum rules. 

• Like 3

Great to finally here you talking to the public again, exited to know that your listening to us.

Good looking mod so far, shame not supposed to ask for updates

Exited to use in operations, and exile, survive, ect servers. Like the how your a able to transport vehicles, or even turrets.

Seen the multiplayer video looking smooth, and nice FPS so far, and looks good supporting 2 trains.

If unable to support the CUP rails, ect I wil, try to create a custom rail, if that's ok.

Exited to see it action, and can't wait for another update video on the progress!

14 hours ago, 23rd Infantry Division said:

Good looking mod so far, shame not supposed to ask questions.

No harm in asking questions, but asking for updates is against the forum rules. As a member with only 2 posts, perhaps take time to read them.

Thread Cleaned Up - please try to stay on topic. Flame-baiting has no place on these forums. 

• Like 1

Train HUD (speed and train car count) and custom track placement in action. Thanks badbenson for the help with the HUD!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CSmithTanoa said:

Nice Update! Does the train go to no more than 10hm/h?

It can go faster, but that's the limit that's currently set. What do you think their max speed should be?

27 minutes ago, duda123 said:

It can go faster, but that's the limit that's currently set. What do you think their max speed should be?

I think my friend from these forums IN005 can easily give you an advice about trains :)

1 hour ago, duda123 said:

I think that 10 kph is a little bit slow. He has to can compete all the same with cars. If the speed was from 40 to 60 kph that would be good. But I cannot judge as it is only you which has the mod:)

1 hour ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

I think my friend from these forums IN005 can easily give you an advice about trains :)

The problem is, every country has diffenrent engines, the all look similiar somehow, but thats all. I cant say from wich country this one is, or if its a real one, but I searched for a similar one from germany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR_Class_V_15

It has two versions wich are in service today with different speeds, i think for the engine would the v15 version enough, so it has a speed around 35kmh or 22mph. Its not that fast, but the purpose of this engine is not to move waggons out of the freight depot, only to shunt them around.

1 hour ago, in005 said:

The problem is, every country has diffenrent engines, the all look similiar somehow, but thats all. I cant say from wich country this one is, or if its a real one, but I searched for a similar one from germany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR_Class_V_15

It has two versions wich are in service today with different speeds, i think for the engine would the v15 version enough, so it has a speed around 35kmh or 22mph. Its not that fast, but the purpose of this engine is not to move waggons out of the freight depot, only to shunt them around.

And for the second train (long orange), Is it faster?

14 minutes ago, CSmithTanoa said:

And for the second train (long orange), Is it faster?

This might be the ТЭМ15 from Russia wich reaches around 100kmh  / 60 mph    or    the ČKD T-669 from the Czech Republic wich reaches around 90 kmh / 56 mph

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duda123 said:

Keep it as authentic as possible, transportation of sugar cane around the Fijian Islands is a slow process, anything over 20km/h would be overkill IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pltiqfW90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ZqKRsUf7o

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duda123 said:

I'd day 20-45 max, the real question is will the trains have enough torque to pull a lot of cars up hill and around the hilly areas. Currently, in the game lots of vehicles have trouble going up hill.

6 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Keep it as authentic as possible, transportation of sugar cane around the Fijian Islands is a slow process, anything over 20km/h would be overkill IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pltiqfW90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ZqKRsUf7o

Nice but what is the model series of this engine, so we could find out its real speed

I think it is DHI-71 or DHI-110

Clyde Engineering DHI-71 0-6-0DH: The first widely-adopted Australian-built canefield diesel locomotives were the 18-ton diesel-hydraulics built by Clyde Engineering from 1954. They were powered by a General Motors 71-series 170 hp 6-cylinder diesel engine driving a GM type-500 torque converter. CSR adopted the model as their standard locomotive in Australia and Fiji. A total of 54 DH-71 locomotives were ordered by Australian mills and 18 went to Fiji.
http://www.lrrsa.org.au/LRR_SGRb.htm

McDesme+No1_061108.JPG

Or HG3R locomotive
loco_24t_clyde_basset_2.JPG

• Like 4

Testing this, I am able to get on train but unable to move it.

I get this in my rpt:

Spoiler

21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hidetrainobjectglob...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:23 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:23 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:27 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:27 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:31 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:31 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hidetrainobjectglob...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed

21:39:45 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:45 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Must have to add something to my CfgRemoteExec.hpp

4 hours ago, pazuzu said:

Testing this, I am able to get on train but unable to move it.

I get this in my rpt:

Hide contents

21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hidetrainobjectglob...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:38:30 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:23 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:23 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:27 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:27 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:31 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:31 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hidetrainobjectglob...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_registertrainanddri...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:38 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed

21:39:45 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_unregistertrainandd...' is not allowed to be remotely executed
21:39:45 Scripting function 'atrain_fnc_hideplayerobjectglo...' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Must have to add something to my CfgRemoteExec.hpp

Yeah, I'll add details about cfgremoteexec rules tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ok, i found a pretty annoying bug. If I load ATS with Cup together it will cause an crash of the game, before the main menu is loaded... both are working if they are getting loaded single, but together they like cats and dogs :don14:

29 minutes ago, in005 said:

Ok, i found a pretty annoying bug. If I load ATS with Cup together it will cause an crash of the game, before the main menu is loaded... both are working if they are getting loaded single, but together they like cats and dogs :don14:

Can you list out all of the CUPs mods you had loaded? I will try to reproduce it.

11 hours ago, duda123 said:

Private beta version posted on steam. Add me as a friend (http://steamcommunity.com/id/saduda/) and you can download it. Let me know if you notice any issues. Hasn't been tested heavily in MP.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889892292

Thanks for the link @duda123. Have a bunch of guys needing trains for moving across Tanoa and killing bad guys!

1 hour ago, duda123 said:

Can you list out all of the CUPs mods you had loaded? I will try to reproduce it.

Only CUP Terrains Core... no more...

1 minute ago, in005 said:

Only CUP Terrains Core... no more...

Ok thanks - I will try in a few hours.