ACRE_Team

Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2 (ACRE2)

Also since I can not use the ACRE modules with this technique

how do I disable Frequencies per side?? Obviously because the spy on each team will have a PRC152 to communicate with the opposing side I will need to be able to disable the frequencies unique to each side.

and one last request, is there a way to Automatically set Blocks. Ideally I'd like players to log into the mission BLUEfor automatically be on BLOCK 1 Channel 1, OPFOR be on BLOCK 2 Channel 2 and INDI be on BLOCK 3 Channel 1 for the 343.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:20 PM, rekkless said:

Also since I can not use the ACRE modules with this technique

how do I disable Frequencies per side?? Obviously because the spy on each team will have a PRC152 to communicate with the opposing side I will need to be able to disable the frequencies unique to each side.

and one last request, is there a way to Automatically set Blocks. Ideally I'd like players to log into the mission BLUEfor automatically be on BLOCK 1 Channel 1, OPFOR be on BLOCK 2 Channel 2 and INDI be on BLOCK 3 Channel 1 for the 343.

Use babel in order to avoid "spying" in the rare event that you get into the same frequency given the range of frequencies supported by the 152 and it's channel spacing.

Blocks can also be assigned, second block starts at channel 17 (1-based index) or 16 (0-basesd index)

On 12/9/2017 at 9:23 AM, magnetar said:

Use babel in order to avoid "spying" in the rare event that you get into the same frequency given the range of frequencies supported by the 152 and it's channel spacing.

Blocks can also be assigned, second block starts at channel 17 (1-based index) or 16 (0-basesd index)

Thanks, but what I'm asking is there a way to script it in the editor. So Blufor on missions start are on block 1 channel 1, Opfor and on Block 2 Channel 1 and on mission start indi are on block 3 channel 1 on the 343.

I would like to make it all taken care of on mission start to save time.

My community is having a small issue with ACRE2. I've been a user of ACRE since early Arma 2, and I love the mod and prefer it over all other radio mods, and would like to have it as a dependency on my scripted game-mode which I will soon be releasing to the public.

There is one specific player that is a part of our playgroup who cannot join any server while running ACRE2. He gets stuck in the loading screen on joining a server, and if he leaves it long enough, he gets a DXGI error. This occurs on both local host and dedicated. He reinstalled all of his mods, his game, verified integrity of game cache, updated all of his graphics drivers, and reinstalled DirectX. We are certain that this problem is strictly caused by ACRE2 because he can join servers without issue while running other mods, while if he is running only ACRE2, he cannot join.

If there is any known fix or any help you can provide to us, that would be fantastic. Otherwise I'm afraid we will have to make a switch to TFAR (which I REALLY, REALLY, do not want to do).

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Haymaker said:

My community is having a small issue with ACRE2. I've been a user of ACRE since early Arma 2, and I love the mod and prefer it over all other radio mods, and would like to have it as a dependency on my scripted game-mode which I will soon be releasing to the public.

There is one specific player that is a part of our playgroup who cannot join any server while running ACRE2. He gets stuck in the loading screen on joining a server, and if he leaves it long enough, he gets a DXGI error. This occurs on both local host and dedicated. He reinstalled all of his mods, his game, verified integrity of game cache, updated all of his graphics drivers, and reinstalled DirectX. We are certain that this problem is strictly caused by ACRE2 because he can join servers without issue while running other mods, while if he is running only ACRE2, he cannot join.

If there is any known fix or any help you can provide to us, that would be fantastic. Otherwise I'm afraid we will have to make a switch to TFAR (which I REALLY, REALLY, do not want to do).

Thank you!

Sounds like something very specific. Any chance he can make an issue on GitHub with as much information as possible (hardware, operating system, other software, crash dump files... etc.)? Crash dump files would go a long way to see where the crash is originating from. Joining our Slack would be even better so we can communicate in a faster manner and maybe get him to test more specifically.

EDIT: Is he by any chance running Tobii EyeX tracker?

2 hours ago, jonpas said:

Sounds like something very specific. Any chance he can make an issue on GitHub with as much information as possible (hardware, operating system, other software, crash dump files... etc.)? Crash dump files would go a long way to see where the crash is originating from. Joining our Slack would be even better so we can communicate in a faster manner and maybe get him to test more specifically.

EDIT: Is he by any chance running Tobii EyeX tracker?

His laptop is actually running Tobii Eye Tracking, I can have him do that for you, but he's going to disable it, and/or uninstall, and give it a try first to see if that's the problem.

11 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

His laptop is actually running Tobii Eye Tracking, I can have him do that for you, but he's going to disable it, and/or uninstall, and give it a try first to see if that's the problem.

Yeah, try that, we had reports of that before and Arma itself had trouble in the past, but I am unsure if that was resolved. If that fixes it for him, an issue on GitHub would still be nice with a crash dump attached so we can investigate closer.

48 minutes ago, jonpas said:

Yeah, try that, we had reports of that before and Arma itself had trouble in the past, but I am unsure if that was resolved. If that fixes it for him, an issue on GitHub would still be nice with a crash dump attached so we can investigate closer.

Disabling Tobii worked! Thank you so much for your help!

I'll also try to get my friend to recreate the issue and get a crash dump.

• Thanks 1