Robb_

Mistral-class amphibious assault ship (WIP)

Welcome to my Mistral work in progress

Baltic-Shipyard-Kicks-Off-Steel-Cutting-

I've been working on the Mistral class amphibious assault ship the past few days, thought i'd share some pics of the work in progress. I plan to have both the vehicle and helicopter hangers, landing bay, two elevators, the bridge and maybe a few other things. Don't think i'll be doing the crew quarters and such since there isn't really any use for them in arma 3, would probably take up to much poly's and time to do them anyways.

There isn't too much to show right now but here's a few pics. Have pretty much everything in the basic shape now, and just started working on the tower. Might also need to make the rear elevator and landing bay entrance wider, they seem  a little narrow to me.

To to list:

1. model exterior parts of the ship (20% done)
  2. unwrap and texture exterior
  3. Helicopter hanger
  4. Vehicle hanger
  5. landing bay
  6. Bridge
  7. Make the ship movable if possible

EC3Wpdt.png

V785jCA.png

TG7Kc1S.png

Oh and the helicopter is just from the arma 3 sample models.

• Like 15

OMFG if i can and sorry for that. But this is amazing finally somebody who is making russian navy!! Yes Yes Yes... i dont know what to say more but keep this awesome work and please dont give it up! Thanks

Best regards DonbassCZ

Now all we are missing is the Kamov KA-27 :)

SHIP_LHD_BPC_Vladivostok_Concept_DCNS_lg

• Like 3

Now all we are missing is the Kamov KA-27 :)

And maritime Ka-52K that was supposed to be it's main combat air weapons platform

KA-52K_MAKS-2015_05.JPG

• Like 2

Looks amazing! Cant wait to try it out!

Please say it wil be able to drive ? ;)

well i'm going to get it working as a stationary object first, then if its even possible maybe try to get it moving.

OMFG if i can and sorry for that. But this is amazing finally somebody who is making russian navy!! Yes Yes Yes... i dont know what to say more but keep this awesome work and please dont give it up! Thanks

Best regards DonbassCZ

Not just the russion navy, can also be used with the french or egyptian navy  ;)

• Like 2

well i'm going to get it working as a stationary object first, then if its even possible maybe try to get it moving.

Not just the russion navy, can also be used with the french or egyptian navy  ;)

It'll be for everyone, then due to outside circumstances the Russian model will be dropped at the last minute, and then suddenly 20-30 year old Russian Assault Ships will appear, with the author claiming them to be good as new, or just as good as the mistrals. Mark my words. But in all seriousness great stuff, model looks solid already.

Russian navy ? russian don't have Mistral Class boat since we (the french) didn't sell the two boat. We sell them to the egyptian. 

• Like 1

Great work ! The french community will love it, for sure. It's such a wonderful ship !

I don't really see the point of doing a Russian version, considering that the two boats were sold to Egypt after the Crimean Crisis (just like Minidou said). Anyway, if you plan to do it, I guess Russians will be happy to have them at least in ArmA III !  :lol:

• Like 1

Great work ! The french community will love it, for sure. It's such a wonderful ship !

I don't really see the point of doing a Russian version, considering that the two boats were sold to Egypt after the Crimean Crisis (just like Minidou said). Anyway, if you plan to do it, I guess Russians will be happy to have them at least in ArmA III !  :lol:

True, was only going to do one version of it anyways.

Not to much progress these past few days, been busy. Added some detail to the ship ( still lots to do), adjusting the hull so it looks right (front part still looking a little wierd). Cut the ship in pieces so i can get it into the game. Been slowing figuring the config so i can get test it out in game.

Here's a couple of pics 

pX7j8BV.png

K8bQDqj.png

Looks like this one piece belongs in the scenery  :D

ssNmPLg.jpg

• Like 3

Haha, nice picture ! Tanoa is a great place for amphibious assaults with that kind of "projection ship".

Not to much progress these past few days, been busy. Added some detail to the ship ( still lots to do), adjusting the hull so it looks right (front part still looking a little wierd). Cut the ship in pieces so i can get it into the game. Been slowing figuring the config so i can get test it out in game.

Here's a couple of pics 

Looks like this one piece belongs in the scenery  :D

ssNmPLg.jpg

this is my favorite screenshot 

• Like 1

So there won't be any nation specific decals or insignia on the ship? I ask because I like making missions with the Russian Naval Infantry and it would be nice to have a ship in game that i can use in my missions without flags other insignia and i know the Russians never actually took delivery of Vladivostok or Sevastopol but it would be nice to have the option for game play of doing amphibious assaults from a ship that could have plausibly been Russian but this is not my decision to make. :)

Is it the true that Russians already have all Mistral project's documentation and plans so they can build their own copy of the ship?

So there won't be any nation specific decals or insignia on the ship? I ask because I like making missions with the Russian Naval Infantry and it would be nice to have a ship in game that i can use in my missions without flags other insignia and i know the Russians never actually took delivery of Vladivostok or Sevastopol but it would be nice to have the option for game play of doing amphibious assaults from a ship that could have plausibly been Russian but this is not my decision to make. :)

If i do make it with nation specific decals/insignias I'll make one that doesn't have any. 

Is it the true that Russians already have all Mistral project's documentation and plans so they can build their own copy of the ship?

No idea.

Hasn't been much work done on it since i got a new job working 3 in 1 shifts and progress will be porbably be slow since i only get about a week off a month to work on it. Here's a few pics I took before i left.

Here's an older ship pic that is sitting really low in the water right now, probably due weight and buoyancy issues.

QporT04.jpg

jgYbrzq.png

aiPx6IQ.png

Will most likely remove or change the guard rail or whatever it called that goes around the ship, right now it has a really hi poly count just by itself.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Blaq said:

Is this still in the works?

Your previous post asking the same thing was hidden as it broke our forum rules. As the author hasn't updated the thread since 2016, its quite likely not. Perhaps PM the author instead of digging up a 4 year old thread.

10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.