Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Army working on three-year sandwich

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Oct. 31 2002,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, anyone know what those two small green squares are that are wrapped in the plastic?  They look like candy or something.<span id='postcolor'>

Chewing gum. (As everyone knows, a pre-requisite for all American military personnel.)  wink.gif

Semper Fi

Damn you Mister Frag! I' am so friggen hungry for MRE's right now. But I think i'll chow down on a powerbar and go for a run to stop thinking about more food.

I' am touchy! lol. If you only knew me better you'd understand why that is funny to me. But seriously now, I' am 'touchy' when I get anouyed by stupid people being stupid. (Yeah figure, lol) And denoir Moderator or not, sometimes you just piss me off with your opinions. Shouldn't let them, but they do. MRE's are made with really one thing in mind. Packing as much power into a bag that will last a long time. Taste comes second. Maybe you just can't serve the MRE's right or something. You can do alot with those air-tight bags of fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 31 2002,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But seriously now, I' am 'touchy' when I get anouyed by stupid people being stupid. (Yeah figure, lol) And denoir Moderator or not, sometimes you just piss me off with your opinions.<span id='postcolor'>

Which is no excuse for name calling. Behave or face the consequences.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Oct. 30 2002,13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Oct. 31 2002,12wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We once had a modification of our EPA´s. They took out the chocolate, cause it has turned grey  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that time that chocolate had to be grey! And I ate it!!!

Yuk...  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's not because chocolat looks a bit white on the outside that it's bad, this is normal. It's nothing special, it's just one of the products in the chocolat that gets sepparated from the rest so it looks like it's white on the outside. If you eat it there won't be any difference because basically you're still eating the same thing.

Only difference is that it's not as mixed as it normally is smile.gif

I wouldn't eat it if hair starts growing on it but when it looks a bit white it's nothing to worry about...

dark , i've heard that the chocolate is better when it's grey as you say , is that right (i ask you that since belgium is one of the counrties of the chocolate , i always order 2 big boxes of belgian chocolates for christmas)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 30 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dark , i've heard that the chocolate is better when it's grey as you say , is that right (i ask you that since belgium is one of the counrties of the chocolate , i always order 2 big boxes of belgian chocolates for christmas)<span id='postcolor'>

Hm don't know about that, i learned the "white chocolat theory" when i went to the cote d'or factory when i was a kid. It's one of the only things i remember, the other thing is me stealing a lot of chocolats smile.gif It's so hard to be a nice kid when you see thousands of chocolats and you know that no one'll notice if you take one. Or perhaps two, or three,four;five....

hehe, i wouldn't mind trying 'old' chocolat and new chocolat to taste the difference, the only problem is that my dad eats all our chocolat within the first day smile.gif So we don't have any white chocolat...

Oh well, i'll start an investigation, one day i'll tell yall what tastes better!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Oct. 31 2002,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't eat it if hair starts growing on it but when it looks a bit white it's nothing to worry about...<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the chocolate hair had turned white and then fallen apart wow.gif

I almost broke my teeth when I bit into that EPA chocolate! Maybe I should`ve used my entranching tool on it before eating... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Oct. 31 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Oct. 30 2002,13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Oct. 31 2002,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We once had a modification of our EPA´s. They took out the chocolate, cause it has turned grey <!--emo&wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that time that chocolate had to be grey! And I ate it!!!

Yuk... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's not because chocolat looks a bit white on the outside that it's bad, this is normal. It's nothing special, it's just one of the products in the chocolat that gets sepparated from the rest so it looks like it's white on the outside. If you eat it there won't be any difference because basically you're still eating the same thing.

Only difference is that it's not as mixed as it normally is smile.gif

I wouldn't eat it if hair starts growing on it but when it looks a bit white it's nothing to worry about...<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know man, it tastes alot worse to me when it gets that color... I think the fat breaks down after a while. Absolutely safe though. (I'm fine) smile.gif

It depends i think,we used to have this chocolate 'koetjesreep' when i was a kid,and it always had that white on it,but it was really,really good.

So i don't think it really matters smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mood within the troops goes down with the quality of the food. So every nation tries to build field kitchens wherever possible. There must be a reason for it. <span id='postcolor'>

Ahhh 'flying' kitchens, they make the best burgers. I am always happy to see a field kitchen after a few days of rations. They make just about anything, including pastries, and the troops (myself included) really appreciate hot soup on a cold day.

Most of the time on a long excercise we have 'haybox meals' these are made in the mess on base and shipped out to us in the field in insulated boxes. Sometimes it is good, othertimes it isn't.

Tyler

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Oct. 31 2002,21wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So i don't think it really matters smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Obviously it did matter. The chocolate had something like grey fur on it. I dont know the word in english but it was a product of the rotting process. Therefore they exchanged it with the nuts. They gave us some good thrills with these packages when we gave them to US guys at Moga  biggrin.gif

They didnt like them either  wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 31 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't had any problems with American MRE's either. I've got a one-month supply of the stuff in two plastic crates ready to go for when TSHTF (among other things).<span id='postcolor'>

Being a bartender i have 16 cases of beer in the basement for TSHTF situations biggrin.gif And food ...... I have a girlfriend i dont bother with the food situation smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Oct. 31 2002,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Being a bartender i have 16 cases of beer in the basement for TSHTF situations biggrin.gif And food ...... I have a girlfriend i dont bother with the food situation smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is that for drinking or for trading/bartering? The beer, I mean.

I dont see why they need to make the food realistic but longer lasting.Instead why not make it something like a lab block which is basicly a bar full of nutrients so essentially u get fuel cells for humans smile.gif

I`ve tried these british 24hr ration packs before which is basicly a few foil bags with stuff like beef stew etc that u heated up in boiling water along with some biscuit,tea,powder milk and other crap.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why not make it something like a lab block <span id='postcolor'>

Would you want to eat one of those things you were talking about. I know I wouldn't. biggrin.gif Also wants the point of eating if it doesn't taste good.

Im sure u could get them tasting reasnobly good smile.gif

The point is instead of faffing around trying to get things to stay fresh and be like normal food,u make something that lasts for ages and does alll the things normal food does but make it better and easier to carry around and eat plus if ur starving anything edible would be good to eat biggrin.gif

I've had little Army MRE things a few times. The only one I'm sure about was Spaghetti, and it was suprisingly good. It was pretty much as good as cafeteria food, or at least public school cafeteria food.

It was pretty cool to make them too. If I remember correctly, you had to put a certain amount of water in this little bag, then insert the sealed meal into it. A chemical reaction would take place, and your meal would be cooked in just a few minutes. It came with a cracker thing too, which wasnt too hard or too soft, a little packet of jelly, and some other stuff. I dont remember exactly, it was like two years ago when I ate them.

And for the record, Soylent Green is indeed people. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Nov. 01 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im sure u could get them tasting reasnobly good smile.gif

The point is instead of faffing around trying to get things to stay fresh and be like normal food,u make something that lasts for ages and does alll the things normal food does but make it better and easier to carry around and eat plus if ur starving anything edible would be good to eat biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Screw all these MRE's, use Humana... tounge.gif (sorry I just remembered something I loved from my childhood, banana flavored stuff for kids, very nutricious)

http://www.pro-diaet.de/seiten/pselect/prodkh.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 31 2002,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn you Mister Frag! I' am so friggen hungry for MRE's right now. But I think i'll chow down on a powerbar and go for a run to stop thinking about more food.

I' am touchy! lol. If you only knew me better you'd understand why that is funny to me. But seriously now, I' am 'touchy' when I get anouyed by stupid people being stupid. (Yeah figure, lol) And denoir Moderator or not, sometimes you just piss me off with your opinions. Shouldn't let them, but they do. MRE's are made with really one thing in mind. Packing as much power into a bag that will last a long time. Taste comes second. Maybe you just can't serve the MRE's right or something. You can do alot with those air-tight bags of fun.<span id='postcolor'>

if your so rich why arent you out playing polo?

wink.gif

anyways, back on topic, as a kid I loved mres, my dad would bring them back from the feild and my brother and I would fight over the candy they had in there.

also recently, (dont know if the old ones had this) but there is a heating pad in there that is activated by water, I thought that was the coolest thing ever.