Meh at the end of the day its a type 99, which correct me if i'm wrong the community didn't have before you made a crack at it. So like texture stuff aside, well done on the model, must have taken a while  :)

I think HiP already did it in A2, but the model is impressive Nico! Good job!

You could tweak a bit the upper UV cut on the wood, but that's just "perfectionism"  ;)

• Like 1

So the most important part of uniform is done i guess. :D

ZWq6xzC.jpg

• Like 1

A small advice: triangulate the models if you haven't already. Or Arma 3 engine will do it for you, and do it the way you dont want it to be done.

The project looks nice, btw ;)

Couldn't get that rvmat issue resolved, so I suppose I'll just have to settle for this...

20160502235109_1.jpg20160502235119_1.jpg

20160503174024_1.jpg20160503174013_1.jpgrvmats Looking 100x better but could still use some work.  We're also still looking for animators, if you know any then pointing them our way would be much appreciated

I just want to say thank you for creating this mod. My grandpa was in the Korean war and he recently passed away. It's cool to see the Korean War getting more exposure with younger generations.

• Like 1

I just want to say thank you for creating this mod. My grandpa was in the Korean war and he recently passed away. It's cool to see the Korean War getting more exposure with younger generations.

I'm sorry to hear that man, and yeah it is, it was my favourite part of history in school and it's always surprised me that so many people know so little about it

On an unrelated not, due to the discovery of a typo in 3 of our weapons which were causing issues with rotation animations, we now have all of our finished models in game all ~90% functional (LODs still need to be finished) and if the current work-rate is kept we could be looking at a very basic early release as soon as the next 6 weeks, depending on how the uniforms work out and if we can find a character animator

Hubei Arsenal .....so it's Hanyang 88?

in chinese is 漢陽八八å¼

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyang_88

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyang_Arsenal

you may also like to know Type Zhongzheng rifle (中正å¼), also known as the Chiang Kai-shek/Jiang Jieshi Rifle,Generalissimo Rifle, and Type 24 (二四å¼)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek_rifle

over half a million this weapons were produced. The weapon's last major war was in Korea (1950–53).

Hubei Arsenal .....so it's Hanyang 88?

in chinese is 漢陽八八å¼

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyang_88

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyang_Arsenal

you may also want to know  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Kai-shek_rifle

In a ten-year period, over half a million weapons were produced. The weapon's last major war was in Korea (1950–53).

It is indeed!  The Kai-shek is also planned, but further down the line, when we add the PRC and PLA/PVA

• Like 1

Type 99 rvmat is now working, and the bipod and monopod are also fully functional!

20160504215225_1.jpg20160504215200_1.jpg20160504215208_1.jpg20160504215413_1.jpg20160504215410_1.jpg

• Like 4

Type 100 is in game, but with welshstalker's original textures

Functionality:10/10

Looks:0/10 dear god, never let welshstalker near substance painter again...

4nfNzuE.png

The wood needs to be a bit darker in my opinion.

The wood needs to be a bit darker in my opinion.

There's a lot of things that were needed and have since been re-done, hoping to have the new textures in game tonight

So low poly of US uniform with first texture is done, hopefuly soon will be seen in game. :)

6VTgws1.png

VTmE6cs.png

• Like 5

Looks absolutely stunning. Keep up the good work! If you ever need a community to test it that has military experience let me know. :)

Sorry it's late, as I've been up the country for the last few days and never got a chance to post, but the final (for now) type 100 textures are in-game!

XzFfo6U.jpga50fd4h.jpg0dtuhkf.jpghJs64SL.jpg

The textures look really good!

• Like 1

Cool. Will you create maps for the Mod?

Cool. Will you create maps for the Mod?

They should create maps for the mod but if that was to be done the maps would be creating long after alpha release, if there will be an alpha release. Who knows we might wait for a full release and get the whole package :D

Maps are currently moving out of the planning stages.
I'm going to play another one of my games for you lot to guess it
What have all of these got in common?
Captain
Fishing
Grappling

The Battle of the _____
Enjoy the game my friends 😉

Men_of_the_1st_Battalion%2C_The_Duke_of_

Maps are currently moving out of the planning stages.

I'm going to play another one of my games for you lot to guess it ;)

What have all of these got in common?

Captain

Fishing

Grappling

The Battle of the _____

Enjoy the game my friends ;)

valley%20view.JPG

Men_of_the_1st_Battalion%2C_The_Duke_of_

Well I'm not sure? One of the four?

Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River
Battle of the Punchbowl
Battle of the Hook
Battle of the Imjin River

If it's one of the four then I'm going to guess it's Battle of the Hook.

Well done Alex
Yes, the area will focus on the battle of the hook/nevada complex.
The area may also contain the area of the Battle of the imjin river due to their proximity
It must be said, this is still fairly in the planning stages, but we've agreed on this area for a map now.

On 5/20/2016 at 6:14 PM, wildcatbridge65 said:

werent that a mostly british part of the line?

Two battles were fought in the location of the hook, the first battle of the hook, with combatants on Nato's side being America, Britain, South Korea and some Turkish troops.
The second being primarily British and a Canadian Regiment with South Korean troops attached to the British as a part of KATCOM (Korean Attached Commonwealth Division)

The battle of the Imjin river was fought by many more nations, including The British Commonwealth Nations, America, The Philippines, Belgium, Luxembourg and of course, South Korea.

• Like 1

i mean i'm totally biased but having British stuff will make this mod amazing for me  ;)

Well done Alex  ;) Someone did his research :3

Yes, the area will focus on the battle of the hook/nevada complex.

The area may also contain the area of the Battle of the imjin river due to their proximity  :)

It must be said, this is still fairly in the planning stages, but we've agreed on this area for a map now.

Have you already started creating the map? Also are the uniforms for both factions done? In the link (www.moddb.com/mods/war-chronicles-the-forgotten-war/news/one-final-push) you say that the following guns and the uniforms for both sides will be in the first release. Is the map coming later and if so how later? Sorry for the many questions I'm just very excited just like I was with your ww2 mod!  :)

Have you already started creating the map? Also are the uniforms for both factions done? In the link (www.moddb.com/mods/war-chronicles-the-forgotten-war/news/one-final-push) you say that the following guns and the uniforms for both sides will be in the first release. Is the map coming later and if so how later? Sorry for the many questions I'm just very excited just like I was with your ww2 mod! :)

We haven't started, but I've delegated 2 of our members to work on our terrain with Variable from the 7th Cav mod team, who will be helping us with our terrain, and they're going to start planning it very soon hopefully

No, both uniforms are not finished yet, but they are absolutely flying along and we expect to have them by the stated release date

Our biggest obstacle is animations but hellceaser from the Blood trenches team is helping us with those, so they shouldn't be a problem for much longer