cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

+1 to what domokun said here...

There will be a very low fps return on that investment.

Mainly due to sli scaling and arma being so cpu bound...

True Story. .. bought a gigabyte 7970 for a2 and replaced a 6750. Not a single fps gain.

OC the cpu and ssds are imo the best investment. My 690 died and it's dual gpu... did well over the years and was a good long term gpu. I just replaced it with a 970 and it's same fps with half the power draw.

Considering I pretty much only play arma and I built the pc for a3 release... my focus was always on a cool case and liquid AIO cooler for cpu. Running at 4.4 ghz at 40 c playing arma.

• Like 1

Stormforge: don't waste your money on getting SLI. Its a marketing rip-off. You're much better off using that money to get a good HSF to overclock that 4790k. Because A3 is such a CPU-bound game http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page5.html The Hyper 212 EVO from Cooler Master is unbeatable at only $30. She'll cool your 4790k to 4.2 GHz easy, 4.3 prolly, 4.4 maybe & 4.5 unlikely. Next OC your RAM (1866? 2133?). Then OC your 970 (she'll prolly got a long way). Lastly if you don't already have one, get an SSD. Finally, if you really want to join the PC Master Race, get a TrackIR 5 Pro. Yes its expensive but it'll change the way you play A3. 

Awesome thanks.

Got the SSD and RAM is at 1866 so would OC to 2133 would be my next step. Running a MSI 970 Gaming 4G, thought it was already somewhat OC and will need to look up how to do that. Mostly been using the Asus EZ tune wizard in the Bios and looking at the XMP profiles while monitoring temps. Current settings are set at 4.08 GHz and 1903 Mhz with temps never above 60C. Though I did get high temps with Star Citizen SP with graphics maxed about patch 1.2ish if you follow that game.

I have been looking at TrackIR for a while now. Just have not taken the plunge. I prefer to shoot in first person and run around in 3rd for situational awareness currently. Though staying in first and being able to look around would be preferred.

Edit: After installing Afterburner and further testing, the lowest I drop in FPS is around 25 at the lowest, normally sitting about 40s. Running warmer than I thought. Hitting high 60s. This is all on foot. My save game seemed to load just fine. Surprised me as the parts of ACE I normally use seemed to be working after the load. Usually I have trouble getting the menu to work again for mag repack and attaching things.

Just watched 2 guys in a group of 4 get mauled by 2 zombies. Seem to have a bit of trouble taking the zombies down.

I really only have slowdown when a lot spawn at once. When on foot I really do not notice it at all. It might seem to skip just a bit when getting near a town. Not really game breaking and I like how good everything looks. Should probably get another video card and run SLI. Though I did read somewhere that Arma is very CPU intensive. Shows about 60 fps when paused in the options menu, but that is paused. Between 50-60 fps in the opening screen, with the battle going on below, when first loading Arma. Need to get MSI Afterburner or something like it, and watch it while playing.

All of this is kind of new to me. Was an avid console gamer till about 3 years ago. Have been slowly making the switch and now I am 100% a PC elitist snob.

I built the current rig I'm using, and haven't even touched a console in over a year. Though I do still play with a controller. :o

Oh and before I forget for a third time. I really like the opening screen for this mission when first loading up Arma. The view out the window with all the gear on the table. It reminds me of something, but can not place it.

You play with a controller??? Me too!!!! We're a rare breed.

Not to go into the far off land of off-topic, but I'd love to know how you're doing this. I have an Xpadder profile (by ExistentialEgg that I modified a bit) that I love. Very curious what you're using to accomplish this.

• Like 1

That's OK. .. I use an Xbox 360 wireless controller too.

I use pinnacle profiler software for configuration of the controller

:D

• Like 2

Xpadder home brew slash modified Arma default.

Triggers are mouse buttons.

Right trigger = fire Mouse L

Left trigger = tap for sights, hold for zoom, reveal target, hold breath. Mouse R

Right stick depress = switch sights on available scopes/countermeasures in vehicles/hold and use left stick to lean.

Left stick depress = crouch/stand.

Left Bumper button = all ai command menu/~ and jump/climb (Enhanced Movement). Yes, I jump up and down while issuing orders. :rolleyes:

Right bumper = map.

Rights stick = assigned as mouse movement/aim/pitch/roll

Left stick = movement/throttle up w/turbo(for ground) & throttle down/yaw

Control pad up/down = action menu up/down.

Control pad left = action menu back

Control pad right = sprint

Y = Fire mode/switch vehicle weapon

X = Reload/manual fire

B = stand/prone

A = Select (the one where you do not need the action menu, only have to see the steering wheel to get in a vehicle)

Back = 1st/3rd view

Start = menu/pause

Keyboard for the rest. Looking at this I think I might switch toggle crouch and sprint. Actually now that I see it like this I may also switch the bumper buttons and make the right one throw grenade, left map, and add jump/climb to left control pad/action menu cancel.

• Like 1

Xpadder home brew slash modified Arma default.

Triggers are mouse buttons.

Right trigger = fire Mouse L

Left trigger = tap for sights, hold for zoom, reveal target, hold breath. Mouse R

Right stick depress = switch sights on available scopes/countermeasures in vehicles/hold and use left stick to lean.

Left stick depress = crouch/stand.

Left Bumper button = all ai command menu/~ and jump/climb (Enhanced Movement). Yes, I jump up and down while issuing orders. :rolleyes:

Right bumper = map.

Rights stick = assigned as mouse movement/aim/pitch/roll

Left stick = movement/throttle up w/turbo(for ground) & throttle down/yaw

Control pad up/down = action menu up/down.

Control pad left = action menu back

Control pad right = sprint

Y = Fire mode/switch vehicle weapon

X = Reload/manual fire

B = stand/prone

A = Select (the one where you do not need the action menu, only have to see the steering wheel to get in a vehicle)

Back = 1st/3rd view

Start = menu/pause

Keyboard for the rest. Looking at this I think I might switch toggle crouch and sprint. Actually now that I see it like this I may also switch the bumper buttons and make the right one throw grenade, left map, and add jump/climb to left control pad/action menu cancel.

If you're not happy with yours PM me and I'll send you mine. I can do literally everything other than command AI (which I use a k+m for). All advanced stances, walking, combat pace, compass, GPS, vehicles lights, binoculars, switch to side arm, full driving mode, firing modes toggle, throwables toggle, etc. Everything. All you need to do is rebind the default throwables toggle in the game itself.

Oh and before I forget for a third time. I really like the opening screen for this mission when first loading up Arma. The view out the window with all the gear on the table. It reminds me of something, but can not place it.

The opening screen you refer to is from the Ravage mod itself. ;)  

• Like 1

The opening screen you refer to is from the Ravage mod itself. ;)  

Yeah I just realized that last night. The mod not the mission effects that screen. :rolleyes:

If you're not happy with yours PM me and I'll send you mine. I can do literally everything other than command AI (which I use a k+m for). All advanced stances, walking, combat pace, compass, GPS, vehicles lights, binoculars, switch to side arm, full driving mode, firing modes toggle, throwables toggle, etc. Everything. All you need to do is rebind the default throwables toggle in the game itself.

Sounds like I would be lost. I use the keyboard for most of that, if I even use it. I try to use the controller for quick essential tasks. Have not really used throw-able grenades much till I switched it up last night. I have to look at the keyboard just to type. Try to keep it simple.

Combat pace? I control the pace with how far I move the stick.

Advanced Stances? Other than lean, crouch, prone, and standing?

Full Driving Mode? Have most of the needed controls that I am aware of.

Have not made it much farther than the hills by the first city. Be it due to testing settings out, or forgetting to save just to get mowed down by an Ma Deuce. Lesson in there about getting complacent because you are surrounded by zombies and do not hear gunfire. I have been using them as an early warning to hunt down or avoid enemies. Offroad just popped up over a hill and that was it.

Have only seen two camp types so far. Other than the initial one. One was full of zombies. Not enough ammo to check it out at the time. The other had three bandits and was kinda torn up. Found the map on the table at that one. Died before I could make it to check out a helicopter crash. I did make it to an airdrop location. I did not see any containers or anything in the area. Was located in the middle of a field.

Want to say there is too much loot, but I do realize this is built around a multiplayer mission. The first box might have a bit too much in it for 6. I would maybe have 6 guns total with enough ammo for one in the well and a single reload each. There are enough bandits and other loot it seems to stay well stocked. Do bandit patrols also increase with more people like zombies do? Only tried the SP version so far. Say the 3 versions of the Mk 20, the LMG, the SMG, and the Pistol. Maybe give the pistol a 3rd mag.

Did not notice on the last play through, was trying to get somewhere, but I have seen bandits shoot at me and zombies then just stop. Thought maybe they ran out of ammo and doing stupid arma ai crap. Looted an Enfield from one and he still had 9/10 rounds left.

Blame EO. He sent me to Kapaulio and the small amount of playtime I have had this week has been spent searching that maps very interesting locations.

You interested in trying that one? Kinda of a Sandy desert so can be a little sparse on the spawning of zombies... bases are very cool tho.

• Like 2

Blame EO. He sent me to Kapaulio and the small amount of playtime I have had this week has been spent searching that maps very interesting locations.

You interested in trying that one? Kinda of a Sandy desert so can be a little sparse on the spawning of zombies... bases are very cool tho.

Wouldn't mind an Isla Duala Map. Used to play Arma 2 DaiZy on that map and currently play DUWS African Conflict now and again.

I only took a chopper around Saint Kapaulio once. Never played any games on it. I do have to say that I really did like what I saw. Varying terrain types and at least one underground cave/base area. While I wouldn't mind seeing an Isla Duala version, I can really get on board with a Kapaulio version instead or in addition to.

Edit: Was just thinking that in a Isla Duala version you could reverse the body temp. Have it go up instead from 37. Would need to find shade and possibly drink and/or submerge in water to bring it down. Stay even or possibly fall at night? Just some ideas.

• Like 1

Amazing work any progress on other mp missions?

Edit: Was just thinking that in a Isla Duala version you could reverse the body temp. Have it go up instead from 37. Would need to find shade and possibly drink and/or submerge in water to bring it down. Stay even or possibly fall at night? Just some ideas.

Great idea!........where's BB?

I made a playthrough video of The Escape. I did it on the single player version.

A couple of things I noted:
1. The spawned AI units run out of ammunition pretty quickly
2. You don't start with a map - I presume this is a conscious decision and I found it more fun to not have one initially

Video in the spoiler below. It's quite long - almost an hour

• Like 3

Link is broken! it says 1 MB but when i Download it it only shows 780KB and theres no folder inside..its bug? any working Links?

Cosmin10r, great mission thanks! Truly brilliant - challenging and fun.

One small bug, the red tinge from fire and the red splatter of blood on screen from injury never disappear - very minor issue but can effect gameplay.

Plus I find AI teammates just die randomly occasionally.

Also, the number of rounds left in the clip has disappeared...? I think it is due to one of the addon mods because when reloading it shows a clip with green bars for rounds underneath. Any idea how to restore the rounds in the usual place?

Anyways great mission - thank you!

Edit: also sometimes (fairly frequently) the player just dies for no reason, the screen goes semi blacked and can not load or anything - just stuck. Have to abort out of the mission then re-enter it.

Yeah it's becoming unplayable - every few minutes the screen blacks out around the edges completely for no reason and I loose all control inputs. I can't reload - have to exit to the main menu and re-enter the mission from last save point.

Great mission but this is getting annoying to try and finish it...

Any ideas on what's causing it?   (And no, I'm not shot dead and yes I have a fully paid steam version.)

Not sure as I haven't experienced that. When I die I've definately been shot. Usually the black around the edges is stamina...

The red edges with fire is a known BIS issue being addresses by them.

I can't even launch arma in dev branch anymore, reverted to stable and cba got corrupted and now new errors are popping up on stable I've never seen in any mission. Pretty aggravated with it all right now...

And oh yeah I can't disable stamina anymore which also drives me nuts... my arma install is poached right now...

What is your body temperature... are u managing that?

my arma install is poached right now...

What is your body temperature... are u managing that?

Sorry to hear mate - nothing like new bugs to deal with!

Yeah body temp is fine - I'm wondering if it's radiation? But my health is 100 when it happens. The whole screen fades black except for a small window in the middle.

EDIT: Just started new game and made it through the whole mission :)

Link is broken! it says 1 MB but when i Download it it only shows 780KB and theres no folder inside..its bug? any working Links?

You should  be able to use the Armaholic link in Post 2 to download the file... let me know if it isnt working

General Grim... you Sir have the distinct pleasure of finding an issue I have never seen before... ever... 

Are you running any mods? Radiation isn't active so that shouldnt be it... shouldnt be lol....

I would like to get the other 3 Altis versions out shortly and start getting the other maps released as well... 

should be coming soon if my install doesnt decide to hate me again lol

I am hoping to get the other 3 Altis version out this week then start releasing a few other maps with the same structure...

Cosmic,

Have you guys noticed if 1.58 has broken the player persistence in mp? I don't think I've screwed my mission file up, the persistence still works when I test the mission (not yours, the one I've been working on) from within the editor in the mp environment. But the uploaded version on my server will not save player data back to the client. Been kind of wondering if one of the difficulty settings has affected it.

I guess as a test, I should run your mission on the server without changing anything else and see what the outcome is. (just thought of that myself!!).

Thanks,

Fire

Yep, your mission works correctly. I'm messing around with some random loadouts during first spawn and respawns and I think its having some unhappy side effects.

I don't fully understand exactly how the player persistence works or how the bis revive works, but it must treat the unit as "dead" at some point. And my scripts are running upon the "dead" unit when he's revived and when he first spawns in with what should be a saved player state.

Anyway, I'm going to switch some things around and have another go at it.

Thanks,

Fire

So it's loading the default starting kit script when the unit is revived using the bis system?