cosmic10r

MP - Ravage [COOP - 6] The Escape

I've got it running. Name of the box is popping up as "Memory_Alpha" for some damn reason. Something related to loading the Ravage mod in. Anyways, it's running CBA_A3 ver 2.3.1 (newest one from Armaholic), Ravage 0.1351 (today's update), and RHS Escalation 0.4.0.1. So if anyone wants to come check it out, let's see how it runs.  IP is 97.99.165.96 port 2302. 

Annnnd it's running. If anyone's on, come hop in.

B

• Like 2

Okay... the SP guys get a few treats.

How about a few of EOs custom radio sounds at the camps and up to 10 recruitable random survivors courtesy of Bon Recruitment Redux and Ravage

20160406183242_1_zpsnxqtnh1a.jpg

• Like 4

One little request: any gameplay videos out of the box, guys? :)

Congrats on a significant release! I'm very eager to try this out, but can't find any individuals to play with :D

here is one... a little less on the action in this one... we had holed up in the stadium to meet and exchange loot. It had gotten hairy and we had become seperated in 2 groups of 2.

The last 5 or so videos posted in the channel are from MP and early versions of Escape.

I'm just doing a few last tests  on SP version... balancing is a little off still.

• Like 3

Played this last night with 4 of us for about 6 hours and we had a blast, thank you.

We played it with ace on btw and had zero issues.

The only real issue we faced was the stamina, it is ruthless, everyone of us had a tire to try to fix up a jeep and it was the longest 4k run/walk ever!

So after our little play through the fps only ever once took a nose dive and it was when we entered kavala, there were so many zombies and bandito's the fps tanked hard down to about 15 fps. We ran away after getting fuel and it improved.

So after our test one of my group asked how hard it would be for me to port this to lingor. So i went about trying to use your lingor template and the issue i had was respawns, no matter what I tried I couldnt get it to work. If I was to de-pbo roadz what issue would i face if i were to just transfer it to Lingor and move all the markers around? I have some experience with the 2d editor but clearly not enough, any help would be awesome.

• Like 2

Played this last night with 4 of us for about 6 hours and we had a blast, thank you.

We played it with ace on btw and had zero issues.

The only real issue we faced was the stamina, it is ruthless, everyone of us had a tire to try to fix up a jeep and it was the longest 4k run/walk ever!

So after our little play through the fps only ever once took a nose dive and it was when we entered kavala, there were so many zombies and bandito's the fps tanked hard down to about 15 fps. We ran away after getting fuel and it improved.

So after our test one of my group asked how hard it would be for me to port this to lingor. So i went about trying to use your lingor template and the issue i had was respawns, no matter what I tried I couldnt get it to work. If I was to de-pbo roadz what issue would i face if i were to just transfer it to Lingor and move all the markers around? I have some experience with the 2d editor but clearly not enough, any help would be awesome.

Glad you enjoyed it. Good to hear about Ace as well. I turned Stamina off I believe. I may have forgotten. 

I don't mind stamina but in a mission where you are crossing altis on foot it can be annoying.. Ill make sure i disable it since it can be overbearing when fully loaded trying to run from zombies...

Lingor is having an issue right now and needs an update. Check that thread for that info. This could be part of the issue.

I can't speak to RoadZ... you would need to check with the author. I believe it has a lot of custom placed objects so it could take some elbow grease.

I do intend to port this over to other maps tho and in particular I think Duala is a good start :) or has been started... one or the other lol

Need a sweet spot of size, building density and enterable buildings  and then it needs to have all its buildings added for loot. That may become easier very shortly here.

Glad you enjoyed it. Good to hear about Ace as well. I turned Stamina off I believe. I may have forgotten. 

I don't mind stamina but in a mission where you are crossing altis on foot it can be annoying.. Ill make sure i disable it since it can be overbearing when fully loaded trying to run from zombies...

Lingor is having an issue right now and needs an update. Check that thread for that info. This could be part of the issue.

I can't speak to RoadZ... you would need to check with the author. I believe it has a lot of custom placed objects so it could take some elbow grease.

I do intend to port this over to other maps tho and in particular I think Duala is a good start :) or has been started... one or the other lol

Need a sweet spot of size, building density and enterable buildings  and then it needs to have all its buildings added for loot. That may become easier very shortly here.

I don't know why I said roadz, I totally meant this mission ;)  My players and I will test the Duala Escape whenever you need. Anything other than Altis/Stratis/chernu would be great.

I'm not an Altis hater, I just sometimes feel like I live there. Either way, thanks again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK693CBf0vE

here is one... a little less on the action in this one... we had holed up in the stadium to meet and exchange loot. It had gotten hairy and we had become seperated in 2 groups of 2.

The last 5 or so videos posted in the channel are from MP and early versions of Escape.

I'm just doing a few last tests  on SP version... balancing is a little off still.

This video was form the SP version of your mission Cosmic?

This video was form the SP version of your mission Cosmic?

No... that was an early coop mission with EO, BB and tourist.

The sp version is done but I'm not sure about skill... the current skill loop makes the ai less effective including the recruited ai.

Should the mission handle skill or do u guys want to do it locally?

I will gladly test anything SP, I have an issue with multiplayer sometimes. I played a scenario a couple of weeks ago that could be played SP under scenarios or I could load it up LAN based, and when I did it with LAN I lost about 20 FPS the entire I played through it. SO I redid the mission normally just by myself and everything and I was getting around 35 to 40 FPS all the time. Granted the mission was originally intended for COOP so somethings didn't work because it wasn't set up for SP but still... I don't know what it is, and that's why its so hard for me to find things that I can play with game... at least until I get a new processor. That should sort out all my issues with this game. =)

Putting my test mission up again to try it out. Name is under BDC's something, can't remember. Same IP address  97.99.165.96 port 2302. Come hop in while my steaks thaw!

B

SP version 0.1 in post 2. Let me know if you think I should  remove the skill setting for ai.

I profiled Duala using Na_palm's script he kindly provided... so having a look at porting this weekend.

• Like 3

St. Kapaulio would be a good shout for a port of Escape, it has some awesome points of interest, fortified prison, underground cave system, and great fps.....and I recall giving 1PARA(Godfather) a PM regarding Ravage and the need for some water barrel placement around the island, and I believe he duly obliged... :)

• Like 2

Doh! Now that I have had a chance to give it a go I understand the temperature range now. :wacko:

Is the Ravage save menu (radio) in SP disabled because this is a multiplayer port, or do I need to go through my other addons to see which is causing a conflict? Never had one before though I am trying the new FOA out.

First play through I completely missed the first camp. Followed the road to the right that goes by the airfield. Oh how a hate cresting a hill just to find a renegade about to do the same. Almost reminded me of those movie short range battles. Both moving rock to rock to tree trying to flank each other. Survived that just to die from a couple sprinters at the airfield trying to get warm around a fire and partially afk.

Entire time I was playing I kept thinking it would be awesome on a winter map. Winter survival with body temp, hunger, thirst, and possibly radiation. Maybe without zombies (masses of slow moving partially frozen zombies? Head shots required?) with maybe increased number of enemy groups or more in a group.

In the end I had fun. Undead and not yet dead numbers felt about right. Zombie pop in was a bit annoying at times (immersion not a gameplay issue), though not everyone has a computer that could take them appearing at a greater distance. Speaking of which where would I find the distance and total number for undead spawning? Just getting started with playing around with missions and scripting and want to try a few things.

P.S. Almost forgot. Came across a camp with 3 bandits in it. There was a table with a map and small radio that was playing a message. Would it be possible to take this map instead of just looking at it. If I came across something like this, even if I could not remove it from the table, I would find some way to try to mark down or record any locations of importance. With all the document folders I find and a sharp rock you could sketch a rough map. Maybe have a one time trigger to add the map to whoever's inventory that activates it first

• Like 2

@Stormforge: There's Winter Chernarus. And there's a mission made by me that just needs final testing and "seal of approval" from the other RAVAGE MP testers tomorrow, then I will release it.  Thanks for reminding me to provide a NoZeds version, too.  Will definitely do that!

@stormforge

Good suggestions. I should be able to make the map an item that you can take.

I can add in the sp radio menu. Didn't even think about that. I could also add a few more spots to recruit survivors so I u lose them all there could be more.

And I can extend out the spawning a tad. Didn't fiddle with that much.

Will look at that after Tourist's mission is out ;)

@Stormforge: There's Winter Chernarus. And there's a mission made by me that just needs final testing and "seal of approval" from the other RAVAGE MP testers tomorrow, then I will release it.  Thanks for reminding me to provide a NoZeds version, too.  Will definitely do that!

Any possibility you could get some kind of snow script in there? :)

Spookwarcom actually had/has a decent module that I've used on that map in the past. Not sure if it's still working but it was simple, pretty nice and easy on performance (basically it's a light snowfall that starts and stops randomly).

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there but snow would be nice if possible.

The snow scripts by M0nkey is excellent as well :)

SP version 0.1 in post 2. Let me know if you think I should  remove the skill setting for ai.

I profiled Duala using Na_palm's script he kindly provided... so having a look at porting this weekend.

Looking forward to it. 

@heroesandvillainsOS: I use Goon's snowstorm script. And I totally agree with you: It's a must-have additiion to immersion! 

• Like 1

@heroesandvillainsOS: I use Goon's snowstorm script. And I totally agree with you: It's a must-have additiion to immersion!

Sweet. :)

Looking forward to it man! I can't wait.

@stormforge

Good suggestions. I should be able to make the map an item that you can take.

I can add in the sp radio menu. Didn't even think about that. I could also add a few more spots to recruit survivors so I u lose them all there could be more.

And I can extend out the spawning a tad. Didn't fiddle with that much.

Will look at that after Tourist's mission is out ;)

From a gameplay perspective the zombie spawn distance is good and really does not need to be changed. They appear far enough out to allow you to counter them, be it removing them as a threat or avoiding them. The problem with increasing distance you are either going to have to have a computer that can handle the added population spawning in, or keeping the same number that spawn it will actually seem like there are less because they are more spread out. Was going to play with the numbers a bit to see if I could find a balance for my PC.

That is just the SP version too. Can't imagine increasing that too much for the multiplayer version. I did not make it much farther than the first town by the radar dome due to limited playing time. I was getting some FPS drop there while they were spawning in. I don't really have my graphics settings optimized. Running a 4790K not overclocked, 16gb RAM, single GTX 970. 1080 with most settings on ultra or very high and a view distance of 6000 max and 3000 object. If that helps at all.

Though now that I think about it. I was about done playing for the night and traveling at a high rate of speed, well till I had to corner. Stopped almost in the town due to a close call with a utility pole. Then they all started spawning in. That might of had something to do with the FPS drop. All I know is it was scorch red and went meep, meep. Oh thank you Sigma! :ph34r:

From a gameplay perspective the zombie spawn distance is good and really does not need to be changed. They appear far enough out to allow you to counter them, be it removing them as a threat or avoiding them. The problem with increasing distance you are either going to have to have a computer that can handle the added population spawning in, or keeping the same number that spawn it will actually seem like there are less because they are more spread out. Was going to play with the numbers a bit to see if I could find a balance for my PC.

That is just the SP version too. Can't imagine increasing that too much for the multiplayer version. I did not make it much farther than the first town by the radar dome due to limited playing time. I was getting some FPS drop there while they were spawning in. I don't really have my graphics settings optimized. Running a 4790K not overclocked, 16gb RAM, single GTX 970. 1080 with most settings on ultra or very high and a view distance of 6000 max and 3000 object. If that helps at all.

Though now that I think about it. I was about done playing for the night and traveling at a high rate of speed, well till I had to corner. Stopped almost in the town due to a close call with a utility pole. Then they all started spawning in. That might of had something to do with the FPS drop. All I know is it was scorch red and went meep, meep. Oh thank you Sigma! :ph34r:

View distance of 6000 and 3000 object?

I have a slightly more powerful system I think (i7 6500k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 970) and I play on Very High with 3000/1800/100 for the object, view distance and shadows stuff. I probably could increase these a bit but I hardly get 60 FPS now as it is. I'd definitely suggest making a few adjustments and see if that helps at all.

• Like 2

View distance of 6000 and 3000 object?

I have a slightly more powerful system I think (i7 6500k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 970) and I play on Very High with 3000/1800/100 for the object, view distance and shadows stuff. I probably could increase these a bit but I hardly get 60 FPS now as it is. I'd definitely suggest making a few adjustments and see if that helps at all.

I really only have slowdown when a lot spawn at once. When on foot I really do not notice it at all. It might seem to skip just a bit when getting near a town. Not really game breaking and I like how good everything looks. Should probably get another video card and run SLI. Though I did read somewhere that Arma is very CPU intensive. Shows about 60 fps when paused in the options menu, but that is paused. Between 50-60 fps in the opening screen, with the battle going on below, when first loading Arma. Need to get MSI Afterburner or something like it, and watch it while playing.

All of this is kind of new to me. Was an avid console gamer till about 3 years ago. Have been slowly making the switch and now I am 100% a PC elitist snob.

I built the current rig I'm using, and haven't even touched a console in over a year. Though I do still play with a controller. :o

Oh and before I forget for a third time. I really like the opening screen for this mission when first loading up Arma. The view out the window with all the gear on the table. It reminds me of something, but can not place it.

Stormforge: don't waste your money on getting SLI. Its a marketing rip-off. You're much better off using that money to get a good HSF to overclock that 4790k. Because A3 is such a CPU-bound game http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page5.html The Hyper 212 EVO from Cooler Master is unbeatable at only $30. She'll cool your 4790k to 4.2 GHz easy, 4.3 prolly, 4.4 maybe & 4.5 unlikely. Next OC your RAM (1866? 2133?). Then OC your 970 (she'll prolly got a long way). Lastly if you don't already have one, get an SSD. Finally, if you really want to join the PC Master Race, get a TrackIR 5 Pro. Yes its expensive but it'll change the way you play A3. 

• Like 2