I've copied the script in the PDF, named my UAV and GCS correctly and yet all I see is a grey screen. Even if I take control of the UAV and make sure it's looking at the ground.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

• Like 1

Hi chaps! Seems a few of you are struggling with the GCS live feed setup; chances are, there maybe something in the script that's not quite right (though I'm sure I had it all working on release!?). I need to have a good look at it at some point. Here's where I'm at;

1. Finish my current workload (you guys will know why I've been so quiet soon!), early July.

2. Sort out Resist for the Apex update (new UI, spotlight video, Eden previews, all that jazz, and get the campaign running smoothly again)

3. Add objects from Resist to Eden Objects (?) and get it all pukka.

4. Sleep? Maybe, we'll see what you lot have to say about that :D  

• Like 6

Yeah I've tried a couple of times to get the GCS live feed working, with both flying UAV's and had no luck.

I get a brown flickering screen while it;s on the ground, then when it takes off it turns grey. I've taken control over the UAV and made sure it's looking at something other than the sky, but still nothing useful on the GCS :(

Thanks for taking a look at it, and for all the other work you've put into ARMA. I for one appreciate it 

• Like 1

One thing with the UAV live feed - have you tried editing the visual mode? Depending on what terrain you're on, it could explain the blank grey screen? Also, the flickering screen would make sense while the UAV is on the ground, as, effectively, the camera will be below ground. One issue might be the UV layout for the screens; they might be configured wrong for video footage - something I need to check :) If you're only receving a section of what you should be seeing, than I know where the problem lies!

I tried to spawn the craters under the wreckage but it will not spawn under it, only to the side.

nJhTi0sl.jpg

Same thing happens when using an arrow (under helpers) as the spawn position or an invisible helipad.

• Like 1

Try using CAN_COLLIDE.

example:

_crater = createVehicle ["object_classname", position wreckName, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

• Like 2

Try using CAN_COLLIDE.

example:

_crater = createVehicle ["object_classname", position wreckName, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

Worked perfectly, Von Quest. Cheers!

• Like 3

Try using CAN_COLLIDE.

example:

That does the trick - although I'm still a sucker for the good old AttachTo command - it's wonderful for fine-tuning via the debug console! :P Takes me back to the old 2D editor days!

• Like 2

I know what you mean. I was gonna say to use that at first. I over-use it like hell. It's like ArmA Duct Tape. Lol. Fixes alot. ;)

• Like 1

Heya!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Say, would you be able to publish the .PSDs for the GCS units as well? I'd love to craft a custom version for my KSK faction.

No problem! Yeah! Will do! The only reason I haven't done so already is that the PSD files are a mess, lol! They require some serious labelling - but totally - I'll publish them ASAP! :D

• Like 1

Great to hear! Don't feel yourself pressured, like I have time to do that anyway! :D

I know this will sound extremely weird but hey Il go for it :P

Any chances for drugs to be added? (Well ain't the Syndikat is at least dealing a couple of contrabands here and there? I mean they are a syndicate after all)

Just askin! No need to rush for it, just my personal thought :)

• Like 1

How the AI can sit on the GCS control & lay down on the bunks ??

​How the AI can sit on the GCS control and lay down on the bunks ??

For the GCS control station, I've included a couple of compositions in the subscription folder; simple copy and paste those into your own compositions folder. There's also some detailed instructions in the Steam comments. You'll need to make use of the AttachTo, SwitchMove, and disableAI "ANIM" commands, and possibly, the animations provided with the mod. Be sure to check the animation viewer located in the debug console too (press 'esc' while in the 3D editor, when previewing your scenario).

• Like 3

Hi guys, I know it's been a while, but finally had an evening free to work on some new content last night - depending on my workload, I'll endeavour to get you something a little more practical / impressive next time :) 

Back Cover Synopsis:

The Green Inferno by Johnathan Konrad

Merton, a sailor, adventurer, and budding naturalist recounts his physical and psychological journey through the jungles of the Horizon Islands, in search of Darkon - a reptilian god, rumoured by outsiders to be a gigantic crocodile, responsible for the deaths of three French explorers. As he reaches the jewel in the archipelago’s crown, Tanoa, he discovers the deadliest enemy is the enemy that lurks within.

Part ‘shilling shocker’, part political expose, Konrad lays bare the horrors of war and foreign exploitation with those of the unknown, highlighting man’s place in a beautiful yet unfathomable void.

Good news is, you'll be able to create your own bestsellers for operational bed-time reading via HiddenSelections and a PSD file. I mean, crikey, if you really wanted, you could throw in a dialog box with actual pages, available through an addAction :D

I've been a bookseller for 10 years, so, this was a special little model for me...  and it's all a bit different in the Armaverse...

3b6aa808b7.png

• Like 7

Can you add a civilian Ka-60 with your AAN texture from the crashed object?

Can you add a civilian Ka-60 with your AAN texture from the crashed object?

It can certainly be done, though it has hiddenSelections too :) You can actually use one of the existing textures - though the 'burnt metal' decals would be missing, around the broken tail. I'll try and provide some alternative textures with an update at some point for you.

I'm very pleased to announce that, after several months, I have finally secured a fix for the ambient occlusion bug. No long will ambient occlusion effects be visible through objects like the tactical screen - huzzah. I'll bundle that fix in with the next update :)

• Like 3

I'm very pleased to announce that, after several months, I have finally secured a fix for the ambient occlusion bug. No long will ambient occlusion effects be visible through objects like the tactical screen - huzzah. I'll bundle that fix in with the next update :)

And, what's causing it? I'm curious.

And, what's causing it? I'm curious.

Lol, you know, I have no idea! But - I've found a way to fix it. Basically, I'm using the glass components of the model as proxies.

• Like 1

The latest addition to the mod - a new counter - where you can display some of Arma 3's lovely new weaponry!

f63ce09115.pngf632aa179f.png

• Like 5

And here's an in-game screenshot:

f861d2b4c2.jpg

• Like 8