I really like the change to how the animations work, no more hassle with moving units and such, great work!

Nothing changed, it's still as bugged as before O_o

But didn't it use to be more combat animations available in the list? or am I dreaming?

You're dreaming

Edit: Oh, and would it be possible to add the new "press space to perform action" feature with your hostage script?  

Maybe, if I get it to work reliably

Oh I see, I might have used a kinda old version before if that changes anything, back then the animations played in the editor as well but then I tried to move the unit they would snap back to the original position. You also had to disable the animation and turn it back on if you wanted to change but I think I saw that one fixed in some change log.

Regardless I love this addition and that it does not add any dependencies, so thank you! =)

Last night I started to get some error messages while editing. I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I think I pressed ctrl+z to remove some unit, not sure if that was the cause but now I get a script-error everytime I start the editor, start a mission from the editor or return to the editor from said mission. I haven't really used many of the features yet, the mission is still in it's early stages. But the handful of rocks that I placed and the ambient animations are working fine and I haven't noticed anything else broken, it's just kinda annoying.

Here is the .rpt from the mission start, the green part towards the end part appears in all the cases I mentioned above. I don

19:41:16 Starting mission:
19:41:16 Mission file: sniper
19:41:16 Mission world: Tanoa
19:41:16 Mission directory: C:\Users\Arne\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Imbazil\mpmissions\sniper.Tanoa\
19:41:16 EPE manager release (0|35|0)
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
19:41:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
19:41:18 soldier[B_T_Soldier_UAV_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:41:18 soldier[B_T_Soldier_UAV_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:41:18 soldier[B_T_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:41:19 soldier[I_C_Soldier_Para_5_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:41:19 soldier[I_C_Soldier_Para_5_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:41:19 Error in expression < if (!(_value == '') && !is3DEN) then { _value >
19:41:19 Error position: <== '') && !is3DEN) then { _value >
19:41:19 Error ==: Type Bool, expected Number,String,Not a Number,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Team member,Task,Location
19:41:19 Error in expression < if (!(_value == '') && !is3DEN) then { _value >
19:41:19 Error position: <== '') && !is3DEN) then { _value >
19:41:19 Error ==: Type Bool, expected Number,String,Not a Number,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Team member,Task,Location
19:41:21 Save game type
19:41:21 Mission id: c07b19c7406717fc611c99730d620eaac093b9c6

Thanks for reporting the issue, however I cannot really see from the rpt what caused the errors.

What version are you using?

Hi Revo, one request. Can you please make it JIP safe. We are CONTINIOUSLY having issues with JIP with regard to Mission briefings and tasks.

Thanks for reporting the issue, however I cannot really see from the rpt what caused the errors.

What version are you using?

I am using version 1.5, got it yesterday from armaholic. No other addons except all official dlcs. Running latest stable arma 3 build.

It worked fine for several hours then this started to appear out of the blue. Not sure if it's tied to the mission or a general issue, but i can try once im home. If you need anything else do tell :)

Hi Revo, one request. Can you please make it JIP safe. We are CONTINIOUSLY having issues with JIP with regard to Mission briefings and tasks.

The editor's purpose is it to just quickly put together a briefing text with picutures etc. Multiplayer compatibility is still the mission editor's job. However, I'll investigate if a solution and proper integration of a multiplayer compatible briefing attribute is possible.

I am using version 1.5, got it yesterday from armaholic. No other addons except all official dlcs. Running latest stable arma 3 build.

It worked fine for several hours then this started to appear out of the blue. Not sure if it's tied to the mission or a general issue, but i can try once im home. If you need anything else do tell :)

Could you share the mission.sqm with me via PM? That would be very helpful.

Think you could add a "flight altitude" field to waypoints (with ATL/ASL toggle)? It'd come in handy when making complex flight paths (now you have to type the flyInHeight commands over and over :)). 

The briefing editor looks awesome, BTW.

The editor's purpose is it to just quickly put together a briefing text with picutures etc. Multiplayer compatibility is still the mission editor's job. However, I'll investigate if a solution and proper integration of a multiplayer compatible briefing attribute is possible.

Could you share the mission.sqm with me via PM? That would be very helpful.

I'm not suggesting a redundant amount of work, but FHQ's Task Tracker has an 3den plug-in mod that does work for JIP. It has its own syntax you have to learn, but works quite well where I had previously suffered many n00b issues with breifings and tasks. (Note to users: Must remember to ASSIGN the briefing and tasks to each player, either in unit attributes at start of mission, or use FHQ's TT functions via in-game scripts.)

Revo, you probably already are aware of it, so this is more for other users. (but I wouldn't say no to something a bit more seamless that requires less FHQ-specific syntax).

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/142763-fhq-tasktracker/

Also, unrelated, I saw someone had made a 3den plug-in that permits setting mission objects as CreateSimpleObject. But it seems to be not functional as of recent game updates? Again, not suggesting duplication of effort unless it is trivially easy to add into and unify with your feature set.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31073

I'm not suggesting a redundant amount of work, but FHQ's Task Tracker has an 3den plug-in mod that does work for JIP. It has its own syntax you have to learn, but works quite well where I had previously suffered many n00b issues with breifings and tasks. (Note to users: Must remember to ASSIGN the briefing and tasks to each player, either in unit attributes at start of mission, or use FHQ's TT functions via in-game scripts.)

*snip*

I know of FHQ TT and I am using it. Though not the Eden plugin since, for whatever reason, it just doesnt seem to work with JIP for me. Did everything, assigned the tasks and briefings, works in MP preview but JIP not. But I digress, its not a topic for this thread. But like you said, something from Revo would be great, especially since he is already adding the briefing function. Still its his decision and mod and I am happy with whatever functions he ads in the future.

Can someone tell me where the 'garrison buildings' setting is in 3den enhanced. I've found 'random patrol' but nothing for garrison. Thanks.

I think that you highlight (select) the unit or group of units and then right mouse click.  This will bring up a menu with 'EDIT' - find the sub menu 'garrison buildings'.  I also use these same menus to randomize direction of unit first.  Also - the top menu bar of EDEN editor will have a settings and preference tab - use this to help with garrison building radius.  I hope this helps :)

I don't know if its another Arma 3 Dev update that caused this. But can anyone confirm Unit Stance and things like Stamina and Skill are basically clipped together. Not allowing editing of these in Eden Enhanced?

Test Version 1.5.7

Please keep in mind that you should only use this version to test for bugs, not to build actual missions. Backup your work before opening missions with this version!

Changelog:

v1.5.7
*changed*
- fixed position of song name display
- Display for name of currently played song is now integrated into the EDEN statusbar, should  now properly scale with different resolutions and display sizes
- Advanced Ending: Cancel tasks was set to true by default
- cleaned up stringtable.xml
- fixed the advanced fox attribute
- fixed position and size of loiter direction attribute of UAV intro
- fixed position and size of side attribute of the ambient flyby
- improved delay attribute for intro text
- some config clean-up
- improved behaviour and speed mode control of random patrol
- improved speed mode control for ambient flyby
- improved some tooltips
- fixed bug caused by event att.
- fixed bug caused by unit stance att.
- fixed some inconsistencies in the configs
- various improvents to the Random Patrol code with the goal to improve reliability
- replaced some of my own translations with ones from BIS
- improved code of remove NVG attribute
- various function improvements
- improve unit traits attribute (Attribute needs to be saved once, to apply the new values)
- advanced skill was missing its Enh TAG
- range of the "Free Hostage" action was lowered from 15m to 2m
- fixed issue where the garrison function would sometimes recieve a wrong data type
- added tutorial for the garrison functionality
- added ... to all menu strip entry which open a subfolder or new page. Mainly to be on par with the BIS design guidelines
- new icon for the tools folder
- fixed issue with wrong data type for advanced briefings
- removed obsolete value checks, since expression is only saved to mission.sqf if value is different from default value

*added*
- added code attribute to advanced ending
- added tool to set all selected entities to ATL/ASL 0
- select new song button for the 3den Radio (Implemented into the status bar)
- one can now set the combat mode and formation of a random patrol
- better control for stance attribute (The BIS one was unreliable)
- current song name played by 3DEN Radio is now display as a tooltip in the status bar
- added disableAI "Path"
- added tutorial for the garrison function
- added tutorial for 3den Radio
- added shortcuts for various tools and context menu entries
- added help entry redirecting to youtube tutorials
- a warning message is now shown when patrol radius is smaller than 51 m to prevent unexpected behaviour.
- session timer
- a tool to show amount of objects placed in a mission (Just to get an idea how it will run later)
- a new tool which retrieves all product information and formats it so it can directly be used inside a bug report etc.
- added help link to KK's Blog
- added Briefing Editor

*removed*
- removed suppression level att.
- removed fatigue level att.
- removed obsolete entries from the stringtable.xml
- removed side attribute from ambient fly by (Will always be civilian anyway)
- removed rainbow att. (Functionality was not 100% clear to the user)
- removed "hide map object" context menu entry (The code is not properly optimised and reliable yet)
- clear vehicle cargo att. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed unit insignia attribute. A vanilla solution got introduced
- removed advanced fog settings. A vanilla solution got introduced
- advanced ending attribute (Needs further testing)

Download

• Like 3

Congrats on the release.

Just thought of an idea. How about a checkbox to empty ammo boxes, like you have on vehicles?

The code would look similar to this.

{
	clearWeaponCargo _x;
	clearItemCargo _x;
	clearMagazineCargo _x;
	clearBackpackCargo _x;
	save3DENInventory [_x];
} forEach get3DENSelected "object";

Congrats on the release.

Just thought of an idea. How about a checkbox to empty ammo boxes, like you have on vehicles?

The code would look similar to this.

{
	clearWeaponCargo _x;
	clearItemCargo _x;
	clearMagazineCargo _x;
	clearBackpackCargo _x;
	save3DENInventory [_x];
} forEach get3DENSelected "object";

3den Vanilla will have that option soon.

Here's another preview of a tool I am adding, thanks to S.Crowe's post above.

**The lag in the video is not present in the Editor. It's just MSI Afterburner being stupid (or me, for all I care :P)

Video:

• Like 9

For the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

(I love me some transferring of loadouts).

Really Awesome work Revo...as usual. I really hope Karel and Flip at BIS get in touch with you.

BIS should get in touch with a lot of people lol.

• Like 1

Here's another preview of a tool I am adding, thanks to S.Crowe's post above.

It just keeps getting better! This will be very helpful. I have to copy paste multiple kits when making missions, this will save a bunch of time.

One question/suggestion though. I tend to make a lot of irregular troops (militia, gangs, armed civilians, etc). Would it be possible to copy multiple loadouts, and apply them to multiple target units? For example, I select 3 different units with different loadouts, Copy Loadout, then select 20 different targets, Apply Loadout, and the 3 kits are distributed evenly to all 20 units?

In any case, looking forward to using this feature! Thanks again for all the hard work R3vo.

Really Awesome work Revo...as usual. I really hope Karel and Flip at BIS get in touch with you.

I think he already answered this :) :

Don't think they'd  pay enough :P

For example, I select 3 different units with different loadouts, Copy Loadout, then select 20 different targets, Apply Loadout, and the 3 kits are distributed evenly to all 20 units?

It already almost works that way. They are distributed randomly, not evenly.

It already almost works that way. They are distributed randomly, not evenly.

Great! Randomly is surely better, to avoid patterns in the crowds. Cheers

Hi Revo

In no way shape or form and I ranting about your Mod. I have tested the "internal" dev version you requested we test.

I see that the units stances system is back. I can only theorize a recent Update to Arma 3 conflicted with your Mod. So I assume when the official update is released by you I can get back to setting unit stances again. However I am just curious why the Stamina slider option was removed by you? I hardly have used it to be honest but I am just curious what was the reason to remove it? Do you plan to add it back. I assume there may be people who like this.

Secondly is there a reason why copy load out is not under the right click options by say Edit? Not to be pedantic about workflow speed. But again just curious why you opted for something in the 3Den enhanced Tools.

Once again I appreciate your time spent on this. I spend many weekends using your System..avoids saying Mod as its evolved past that.

I see that the units stances system is back. I can only theorize a recent Update to Arma 3 conflicted with your Mod.

The stance attribute in released version (not test version) used the vanilla attribute control, which is unfortunately unreliable. So I added my own control now which seems to be 100% reliable when it comes to saving the set value.

Stamina slider option was removed by you? I hardly have used it to be honest but I am just curious what was the reason to remove it? Do you plan to add it back. I assume there may be people who like this.

The Stamina slider had infact no real use. One could only set the inital stamina or fatigue state after the unit is spawned. After a few seconds the units fatigue level would normalise again. Therefore I made the decision (same for the suppression attribute) to remove it, simply to avoid cluttering the editor too much. ( I think I actually reached a point where more simple attribute would only slow down navigating through the editor)

Secondly is there a reason why copy load out is not under the right click options by say Edit? Not to be pedantic about workflow speed. But again just curious why you opted for something in the 3Den enhanced Tools.

The context menu (right click menu) is actually slower than the tools menu with its shortcuts. I also want to avoid cluttering this menu too much. I actually think about removing all custom tools from it and add them to the tools folder together with shortcuts.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Again tremendous thanks for all your time and energy spent on this.

Cant wait for the next up daye IE regards cloning Arsenal load outs. Awesome addition that.

Would we ever get maybe get an idea what you going to implement next and in my goal for Enhanced in 3 months. BIS doesnt really say what plans they have in future. Be it a expansion or any ideas about plans to say 3Den. I am just curious now as I see you created a virtual garage thread so I assume its likely an idea.

Would we ever get maybe get an idea what you going to implement next and in my goal for Enhanced in 3 months.

Don't know yet. Since I have no clue what BIS will work on in the future, I am taking my own development more slowly. Don't wanna spent time one something they are gonna implement anyway (See insignia, advanced fog)

I am just curious now as I see you created a virtual garage thread so I assume its likely an idea.

I was in fact playing around with the Virtual Garage in  hope I could implement something useful in my mod. However, I soon noticed that the Garage in its current state is almost pointless, so I thought it's time for another disussion thread ;)