Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Of course they're waiting for E3. And we will get a Dev Diary before that. There is not proof the Apex is "far from finished", as devs recently said that Tanoa and Coop campaign are being tested, and that content was being animated even before that.

I agree that they are waiting for the PC Gaming Show, IMHO a bad call, as that event is meant be to increase awareness about the game so people that didn't know about it buy it, hence no need to keep the game followers who already paid for it in the dark. But that again, is my opinion.

Said that, I'm pretty sure they will have the base content finished because they already closed an internal alpha weeks ago. So they knew back then what were they gonna be able to deliver. And I'm pretty confident that model & texture wise it'll be great work.

On Tanoa and the Coop campaign, well experience with A3 has told us that if something is not tested throughly by players it'll still have important issues for months (we all remember how the A3 SP took a year to be polished after the release). Given that Tanoa includes a new kind of crowded vegetation environment that it has been known to be troublesome for the AI, I'm afraid we'll have to wait months after the release to enjoy the map properly.

Concluding, I think BI made a bad call with all this secrecy thing, as IMHO it will seriously affect quality of the release.

But who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong and they will surprise us with a neat release... maybe they hired a huge QA team way better than those they have used for the past 10 years... :)

Well I really don't agree with all this secrecy. I don't see the point of it. 

Option 1:Let's say they want big reveal on E3 in order to make a hype and attract more people to their product. In that case that will not yield big effect. First of all E3 Hype mostly works with, among the average players, more famous developers compaines, e.g. Ubisoft, EA, Activision ... There is a "ton" of average players who don't know or care about ArmA games, BIS for them is not "heavy" name as Ubisoft,Ea,Activison, so E3 will not really amaze them as it will amaze us, the users of BIS products and especially us on BIS forums. Look at Battlefield 1 trailer, now that made a hype(and pre-orders) and everyone now can't wait to see E3 for ingame footage and so on. CoD:IW same thing. But on the internet no one really speaks about A3 and Apex, unless you go to forums of active players of A3. So we and rest of players are not really prepared for E3, no trailers or teasers for a long time about Apex. 

Option 2: Let's say that devs are not really planning to make a "big deal" out of it, so E3 means nothing more special in their plans. It's gonna be just regular DLC, mainly targeted at current player base. In that case releasing more info and showing us more will not hurt them at all, because DLC is not that "big of a deal".

Currently I'm more keen to go with variant of Option 2. No big deal, just another dlc, chill everyone.

• Like 1

On my side, I would like to know how much pre-orders were bought, a graph with number-per-day in order to see if announcements increase sails.

What is it you guys so badly need to know??

Its arma in a jungle....

• Like 2

On my side, I would like to know how much pre-orders were bought, a graph with number-per-day in order to see if announcements increase sails.

We all know it will have an effect on pre-orders. Its basic marketing math. Not rocket science needed there. If your product is good it will be snapped up.

And I have to agree with FoxFort. The general E3 crowd is more about the big dogs battling it out and we Nintendo with one decent release. Sure people may buy it-the casual player base-but look in your own back yard when things go down.

Yeah we hit nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkc3MXJudOQ

• Like 1

On my side, I'd like to know what vehicles and weapons we will get. I'm also curious of what Jungle actually looks like when you're playing in it.

Its arma in a jungle....

Units, Vehicles, Weapons and factions? Amount of units? Time frame of Units, Weapons and Vehicles. What period did they draw from. 

Ooooookay...

This thread is giving me a doom n' gloom vibe, so I have this to say:

1. Carry on, I can't force you to be positive

2. Would you play as Miller?

3. Do you think Vrana Corp. will play a big role in the Campaign?

All politically incorrect comments are welcomed and allowed  (except those deemed to harsh to the BIS establishment  and/or  yours truly)

Post away! 

I guess it will be the usual SF thing that will be cooperating with local guerrillas or you will play as them

most likely a Miller SF team or Mercs

but honestly i would rather play as CSAT in campaign :D

• Like 1

Vrana Corp who that? Do they sell Farsi language guides?

Would you play as Miller?...Well I want me a wise cranking black dude called Tiny who is big who has Bruce Willis punch lines. Or the BIS Devs as unlockable characters. We wont do anything irresponsible in game on that request.

1. Nein!

2. Nein again, it would be a nice final enemy tho. Hunt Miller could make a nice final mission.

3. I hope nein once more, I have a preplanned SP campaign for Tanoa in which Vrana is an important actor. :D

• Like 1

1. Well this is the first time in a while where BIS hasn't given the community some form of treasure hunt of clues to entertain us while we wait. Or Will Porter's blog... but the less said about that the better...

2. Yes, but I'd like to see missions that are as slick to play as the FFV showcase. Most of the other missions in East Wind didn't really feel like they had pace, or any sense of urgency. Some form of SF missions to track down intel/ CSAT scientists would be much more interesting but I doubt we'll get that. I'm expecting the same old infantry/ resistance fighting with a big mission finale anti-climax where improbably your Private character somehow has been promoted to Major and takes charge of everything, but now in a jungle..

3. Only vaguely. It would be good to get rid of some of the ambiguity in the Armaverse and actually fight them/ arrest them for being bad guys.

• Like 1

To be honest I would like to see modern version of the "Razor team" from Arma 2 coming back because jungle would be suitable place for special forces units to operate.

• Like 1

To be honest I would like to see modern version of the "Razor team" from Arma 2 coming back because jungle would be suitable place for special forces units to operate.

*Nitpicking mode ON* Technically the Razor team was a Force Recon team, hence officially not Special Ops. Tho when part of a MEU all the unit is "SOC" (Special Ops Capable)

• Like 1

mistyronin

Oh you did not just say that....I can see some Ricky Recon Marines bouncing out of their Woodland cammies demanding respect. Aint Force Recon now under JASOC? That is they finally been given direct action missions here and there.

mistyronin

Oh you did not just say that....I can see some Ricky Recon Marines bouncing out of their Woodland cammies demanding respect. Aint Force Recon now under JASOC? That is they finally been given direct action missions here and there.

Force Recon have always been given some direct action missions, tho they answer to the regular battlefield commander (or to the MEU commander if in a MEU FR platoon). 

Theoretically only US SOCOM units are considered Spec Ops (tho there're a lot of logistic and support units attached to SOCOM too). And for X reason, the only USMC units in the US SOCOM are those inside MARSOC, for example the MARSOC Raiders. 

Long story short, the Force Recon guys tho having similar training than other SOCOM units, they are technically not Spec Ops, and they tend to do conventional missions. In fact now FR companies are inserted inside the Division Recon battalions. But as I said, USMC MEUs are theoretically SOC (Special Ops Capable), and FR companies tend to send platoons to the MEUs. But a lot of FR guys tend to join MARSOC. 

If it's gonna be SpecOp theme, than let's go full SpecOp. US Navy Seals. Already there is scuba stuff, so for this island, it would be perfect starting, than as you move deeper into jungle, change into some BDU, recon stuff(stealth missions), full blown Holywood style missions and so on. Than ending mission to be like scene from The Rock with flares :D

• Like 1

I really want to see a 2035 version of the Ion PMC guys... and I'm not talking about a bunch of guys in flannel shirts with load bearing vests, but a fully mechanized/motorized amphibious force... 

• Like 3

I really want to see a 2035 version of the Ion PMC guys... and I'm not talking about a bunch of guys in flannel shirts with load bearing vests, but a fully mechanized/motorized amphibious force... 

I forgot ION, a PMC campaign would be the bomb!

It's interesting really, I do support this SF idea because it would make sense, the LSV vehicle, the dense jungle environment, it would make sense to have a full blown spec ops team.

Force Recon have always been given some direct action missions, tho they answer to the regular battlefield commander (or to the MEU commander if in a MEU FR platoon). 

Theoretically only US SOCOM units are considered Spec Ops (tho there're a lot of logistic and support units attached to SOCOM too). And for X reason, the only USMC units in the US SOCOM are those inside MARSOC, for example the MARSOC Raiders. 

Long story short, the Force Recon guys tho having similar training than other SOCOM units, they are technically not Spec Ops, and they tend to do conventional missions. In fact now FR companies are inserted inside the Division Recon battalions. But as I said, USMC MEUs are theoretically SOC (Special Ops Capable), and FR companies tend to send platoons to the MEUs. But a lot of FR guys tend to join MARSOC. 

Its a very interesting read regards Force Recon and Tier One SF-Delta and or SEAL Team 6. And if you really want to debate why SEALS are not open to women SF operators and then the two Ranger women to pass Ranger School recently. But Rangers are not Tier One. Hence SEAL team 6 only considered for the Osama raid.

Its a very interesting read regards Force Recon and Tier One SF-Delta and or SEAL Team 6. And if you really want to debate why SEALS are not open to women SF operators and then the two Ranger women to pass Ranger School recently. But Rangers are not Tier One. Hence SEAL team 6 only considered for the Osama raid.

That's going into the OT side but: Women could enter Navy SEAL training by September  (Same as in any other SOCOM unit)

- - -

Well if BI doesn't... the campaign that I'm planning, as I commented before, will feature Vrana Industries, and of course his most famous branch ION Services (who could have guessed that I like ION :P  ). Unfortunately it won't be set in 2035 :D

mistyroninI No way. They got it right? I read SEAL Operators had huge issue with female operators. Even the Marines had issue with women in combat roles. I see you guys in RHS have a women's voice. Sign of the times I guess.

Google one legged Special Forces. If anything his upper body makes up for his missing leg. PS I missed the women's faces in RHS.

lZt0nyp.jpg

I read SEAL Operators had huge issue with female operators. Even the Marines had issue with women in combat roles.

Is there a reason for this? I'm sure women are just as capable at peppering a hostile as men are.

Is there a reason for this? I'm sure women are just as capable at peppering a hostile as men are.

Some people like to keep tradition, traditional.

Misty, next time you plug your upcoming campaign I'm charging a 5$ fee ( VAT not included)

• Like 1