Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

"A couple of weeks" doesn't necessarily mean "two weeks". It means an indeterminate number of weeks, typically a low number... which can be basically anything in Armaland.

That also applies to Eagle Dynamics and DCS, where the F-18 is due in "two weeks", since a couple of years ago  :D

• Like 2

I know it, but you can't prevent me from expecting stuff :D

I know it, but you can't prevent me from expecting stuff :D

Arma 3

â€@Arma3official

@mcjacobsjr More and more Intel will trickle out over the next weeks, but especially keep your eye on the PC Gaming Show this year.

So, better wait until the 13th of June...

Seems that BI changed quite a bit their release PR and testing methods, compared to other A3 DLCs or the actual A3 release.

At this point judging by BI's opacity, I expect the APEX june release to be a beta release, maybe by the end of the year we get it in a proper/gold condition.

SITREP 156 out!

As expected, it's a review of the informations that came out this week.

Nothing new about Apex. :(

SITREP 156 out!

And no surprise here :(

Updated version of Apex release date speculations and potentially important dates:

• between May 30th and June 3d: 1.60 target
  • June 13th: PCGamer conference at E3, BIS will be present, including the Arma team.
  • June 27th - June 30th: Apex deadline, sort of, and it falls 4 weeks after 1.60

Prague Q&A testers -please tell the mission designers we need more T&A in our missions aka:Civilians! Why build such a big beautiful island only to leave it totally empty for the offical campaign..?

C'mon BI dont pull another OPDR

• Like 1

Prague Q&A testers -please tell the mission designers we need more T&A in our missions aka:Civilians! Why build such a big beautiful island only to leave it totally empty for the offical campaign..?

C'mon BI dont pull another OPDR

A while ago I read a review of Arma 2 by a former USMC. He praised the game for including something that rarely ever gets into any modern game at all - interaction with Civilians. He said that interaction with civilians was such an integral part of their mission that he finds it incredible that only one game on the market includes it.

Now, that number has gone down.

I seriously wish that there was more civilian interaction again.

• Like 2

A while ago I read a review of Arma 2 by a former USMC. He praised the game for including something that rarely ever gets into any modern game at all - interaction with Civilians. He said that interaction with civilians was such an integral part of their mission that he finds it incredible that only one game on the market includes it.

Now, that number has gone down.

I seriously wish that there was more civilian interaction again.

Arma 2 got it right. I liked the dialogs and stuff, it added a lot of realism to military missions. HUMINT is basic in nowadays conflicts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_intelligence_(intelligence_gathering)

Dragon Rising AKA Operation Failpoint?  :P

To be fair though, civilians would have only made sense in Adapt since all civilians were evicted from Stratis on to the Altis mainland during the events of The East Wind.

Thats the exact reason ConMasters gave for DR -all civilians were evacuated, furniture too.. I can guarentee you this is just an easy plotline excuse and was decided due to them not wanting to bother with them.Shame, I have such great memories of hanging out with Uncle Harry in that cabin in the mountains of Resistence or chasing that hooker Shaniqua in Arma 2.....

Yep Arma's made some stellar advances but definitely a backstep in this area. First the women go but at least we still have our goats and other small farm animals..

• Like 2

Ah yes, Dragon sinking. The game that dragged Flashpoint name in the mud. My subconscious erased that poor event...

That's why I wrote that : (your intels were about 1.60, not Dev Diary, they can give informations about Apex out of this DD)

Updated version of Apex release date speculations and potentially important dates:

• between May 30th and June 3d: 1.60 target

at the end of june we will lucky if we will have an atoll with a zodiac, the expansion is still in alpha stage

Arma 2 got it right. I liked the dialogs and stuff, it added a lot of realism to military missions. HUMINT is basic in nowadays conflicts.

Absolutely, even if it was just asking for the weather. It added a function to the civilians.

Nowadays, I miss the ALICE and SILVIE modules. Come to think of it, I think we should include those in CUP. I had a few memorable moments in Arma 2 involving the automatic civilians, like in one mission were we were dodging enemy patrols in Chernogorsk, I heard movement and turned around and almost shot a jogger - it was early morning, and the civilians adjusted to the day/night cycle. I loved that. It made the whole thing look alive.

In Arma 3, you have lots of dudes in shorts and flip-flops, no interaction, and no automatic civilians or traffic anymore...

If there is one thing I would want APEX to do, it would be bringing back that immersion factor. Decent civilian faction, with normal clothing that doesn't look like European tourists, females (already confirmed to not be in), some cars that look like normal cars,and bring back the buses!

Also, languages. I don't remember which mod it was (ACE IIRC) in Arma 2, but there was a translator that could speak both English and Farsi, so he could ask the locals for the weather or other information. Another aspect that is gone.

• Like 5

I really don't know how to to create a coherent unemotional reply to this thread/ BIS at this stage of the game. But I am just like you know. What was the point of pre-ordering if we will get it the same time as people who didn't pre-order. No details other then June. Not even a hinted we will drop something of Dev soon.

Do they-BIS get paid to speak at said PC gaming show? Who buys/ bought the game? Us or them-PC gaming show? So lets say for a second the greater mass pitch has more bang on effect then the requests of some forum trolls reminiscing about civs in Arma 2 and canceled features and speculations of who, what, when, where and why. But really Apex sounds a lot like Vaporware. Its beginning to be like tin foil hat discussions of something like Loch Ness and Area 51 or even Half Life 3.

Did you see that oh wait maybe it was a palm tree. No it was a pixel camoed CSAT guy. No it was a...no wait. What will the VTOL do. How will it handle. When I am like can I see if it exists?

I really hope guys for all your secrecy its gonna make me blow my load but a campaign based on or off East wind. Sounds to me like a run of the mill affair. It smells like Miller being a guerrilla again. No but it is going to have those set pieces and scale. I remain very skeptical. 

I think you gonna pass off two lite DLC's slapped together as a "major" expansion and expect us to forget Operation Arrowhead. And tell us lofty aims of Apex. That it was meant to be more about features and we worked towards Arma 3 stability and longevity while carefully selecting the best most optimal assets for Apex. Which basically means we focused on doing 20 percent of what Operation Arrowhead was even though we have grown as a development studio. BIS has more staff and dare I say employed temporary contract modelers for Apex. Had more budget then that time. I present the Tank discussion. If you can afford that. A major expansion would not be hard at all. And beware The Ides of March. I present the new Modern warfare title. They thought people wanted X and the people wanted Y. And its the most hated video game.

Nothing I can say will change what happens now. The dye has been cast. I just hope the secrecy was well worth it. Signed a long time OFP player that has grown to expect more in the 21st century from a studio I had alot of admiration and hopes pinned on.

• Like 1

Pre-order means "to buy before", not "to have before "

mitrail off Wikipedia "The pre-order bonus may be as simple as a discount on the item's purchase price or other related merchandise (another marketing strategy), or may consist of an actual item or set of items. These items may be related merchandise or exclusive items available only through the pre-order program"

"These items may be related merchandise or exclusive items available only through the pre-order program" You can argue Apex doesn't have anything exclusive. Replies DLC was meant for pay for access for exclusive items. Apex is meant to be exclusive to only Apex players.

It has been a point of contention within the gaming community whether one should pre-order or not. Some consumers believe pre-ordering to be a waste, and do not believe any kind of incentive is truly worth a marked up price of sometimes over twice the original price for certain digital in-game pre-order bonuses, which may be released as free downloadable content sometime later after the game's original release.

So I saved money. Has stated numerous times would have paid more. in fact i would have paid new Doom Triple A price for Apex. Argument is rendered null and void as people had Alpha access to Arma 3. Yes but that was to test game dynamics and a new untested game. Define untested if they had a QA then? Or we can counter argue Apex needs larger testing by community.

Pre-Order Battlefield 1 – Battlefield Official Site

Battlefield

Pre-Order Battlefield 1 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Origin for PC. Buy the Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition to get early access on October 18, three

Pre-order - Escape from Tarkov

When you place a pre-order you automatically agree to Terms Of Service. ... Early unlock of your digital copy (early access); Guaranteed access to closed beta

But if you keen to wax lyrical about no news is good news. Please tell me again why then people on this thread are disappointed-documented-with each new Sitrep weekly in hopes it gets us some details. In fact take me out of it. They have my money.  But if your pitch is based on said PC gaming expo what did we even matter and why even have pre-order if its live for everyone be it late adopters and early adopters. Again reduced price tag?

You see you will bin my whole argument over a typos but not think past the typos maybe there is validity to this. Oh wait you can say my fees paid for Apex doesn't mean anything. Said consumers isnt afforded no perks or consideration. We just wallets with Steam accounts.

And show me people on this thread that are genuinely happy in no news?

I kind of understand premise of underpromise overdeliver but current underpromise have nothing to do with announcing content.

We need to know when is estimated date of release.Fine I know arma 3 axed features debacle but that is different issue.

That issue was promising features by overconfident developers.Surely by now you are in testing stage.

Be cautious and say "We aim to deliver around this date but can't promise anything".This is better than silence.

Or give us date of diary or again estimated.Anything but this silence which feels extremely...weird?

And show me people on this thread that are genuinely happy in no news?

I for one have no problem with no news, news will come when they come, I'm more annoyed by the whining about it.

• Like 3

Thats the exact reason ConMasters gave for DR -all civilians were evacuated, furniture too..

LOL :lol:

I for one have no problem with no news, news will come when they come, I'm more annoyed by the whining about it.

That's the very purpose of the topic : whining containment.

• Like 2

And you would speak on all players behalf as is 1 can equal 6 can equal 15 can equal 30..players? Exception to a rule. And you would not object if my "rant" netted info today no? You would not jump up and down and say NO take it back. So yeah good luck on the being annoyed.