Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

BTW, as we'll all lose our savegames of East Wind, will you replay the campaign and complete it before Apex arrives?

In dev the save was already lost, so I already replayed it a few days ago. It was nice to see the evolution since first release.

BTW, as we'll all lose our savegames of East Wind, will you replay the campaign and complete it before Apex arrives?

No you don't. Press shift & minus on keyboard at the same time and type campaign...all campaigns unlocked. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone else. Especially people online.

Weell, there is no point in enabling all mission of the campaign if you don't play it :p

In dev the save was already lost, so I already replayed it a few days ago. It was nice to see the evolution since first release.

So is there a noticble difference compared to old Episodes type?

No you don't. Press shift & minus on keyboard at the same time and type campaign...all campaigns unlocked. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone else. Especially people online.

I know, but it unlock ALL missions, even those you can't play because of a choice you should have make in the game.

For example, with this code, you will have both ends.

I wont even explore the map. I want to experience it like i experienced Chernarus for the first time playing DayZ and Wasteland with a decent team. I'll just play Exile, build myself a Coast Side outpost and go develop myself a little Navy, and explore the map live in multiplayer where i know i'm not the only one looking around with the possibility of getting shot at.

1. Make island-wide DAC & ALIVE patrols/occupations.

2. Plop myself down with an island-wide random placement setting, random direction, no map & no compass. Might even randomise the time.

Never done this before on a BIS map :) be interesting to first experience it with absolutely no knowledge.

1. Make island-wide DAC & ALIVE patrols/occupations.

2. Plop myself down with an island-wide random placement setting, random direction, no map & no compass. Might even randomise the time.

Never done this before on a BIS map :) be interesting to first experience it with absolutely no knowledge.

YES! Would be epic. Maybe some sort of escape Tanoa, but more hardcore, lengthy, and unforgiving.

Also, Mitrail, what did you say in Dev Branch about Load Vehicle, Drop Vehicle? Can you specify where you cane across that?

darksidesixofficial I see that the Action Menu has Load Vehicle, Drop Vehicle. But I have no idea how it related to #RoadToApex. There is effort to improve User Experience or interaction in Arma 3. Likely this is part of that.

It's in the ² menu, when you have units under your orders.

This entry do nothing, even aside of a vehicle.

hmmmm. So now I'm wondering if this means we can load up objects into vehicles via. AI, or its simply a way to specify what AI load into certain seats of a vehicle. I hope it's the latter, but that's highly unlikely. I was hoping it was some sort of logistical addition to the game. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Might be possible we get ships to load vehicles on, since water will play a bigger part with Tanoa then with past islands.

Hello Community members, i have a quick question regarding incoming APEX and 1.60 updates.

Devs have stages in their last SITREP that they're planning to realease the stable 1.60 by the end of the week, which is great. But i'm a bit confused about what exactly is the 1.60 update :

- is it the full APEX expansion, with Tanoa, Visual Upgrade, coop campaign and all that stuff, coming at once ?

- or is it just the first step and the APEX will be delivered across multiple updates (for instance first Visual Upgrade, and later on Tanoa, and finally the Tanoa campaign), like they did with the East Wind campaign ?

Since their is not much information about Tanoa (i don't even think it's part of last RC branch), it makes me wonder what to expect from the next update.

Might be possible we get ships to load vehicles on, since water will play a bigger part with Tanoa then with past islands.

Or VTOL aircrafts, like the one that is coming.

- is it the full APEX expansion, with Tanoa, Visual Upgrade, coop campaign and all that stuff, coming at once ?

The 1.60 includes the visual update only. APEX content will be delivered in parts to APEX owners in DEV branch during June.

While APEX will be released, most probably, at the end of June.

• Like 1

The 1.60 includes the visual update only. APEX content will be delivered in parts to APEX owners in DEV branch during June.

While APEX will be released, most probably, at the end of June.

Thanks for the answer Mistyronin.

While I understand VBS and the Arma 3 engine aren't the same, I have to think there are some technologies that can be used in both. I'm as hopeful as the OP on this matter is that they can in fact bring it over.

As for the first thing to do with the new expansion, pretty much all of the above. However, nothing like taking a wander across the landscape with TrackIR engaged and waiting to be 'wowed' !

While I understand VBS and the Arma 3 engine aren't the same, I have to think there are some technologies that can be used in both. I'm as hopeful as the OP on this matter is that they can in fact bring it over.

Unfortunately legality-wise I understand that Bohemia Interactive (BI or BIS) actually sold Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim) years ago and their only formal relationship now is a licensing agreement for the Real Virtuality engine(s)... no idea if that's a two-way street code-wise though -- nor how much BI leadership cares to assert any such clause(s) considering the possibility of Enfusion superseding/whole-replacing Real Virtuality in the future -- although people like Dslyecxi and Endstar have worked with both companies.

If they did work to implant sub-pixel rendering or some of those other features, it would be a major step in the right direction for Arma to eliminate some of the hurdles facing the problems of view distance. If Arma can in the future break away from limited view distance and at least reach performance wise of massive sandbox games like GTA/JC3, it would be a glorious moment for this niche of gaming.

• Like 2

If they did work to implant sub-pixel rendering or some of those other features, it would be a major step in the right direction for Arma to eliminate some of the hurdles facing the problems of view distance. If Arma can in the future break away from limited view distance and at least reach performance wise of massive sandbox games like GTA/JC3, it would be a glorious moment for this niche of gaming.

Agreed, it would probably change the game forever and probably bring a whole new group of players and modders. Even if it wasn't to the extent of VBS which I can say does make as much difference as the video suggests it would be a great start.

I won't doubt its usefulness, but it's buggy as hell...

Fixed :lol:

• Like 1