I honestly don't mean this as a request and I'm just trying to plan ahead once she's released, but will the winch on the door have a memory point so that scripters can come along and add different attachments to the hook (if there is one at all)?

Those different attachments could be a stokes basket, a jungle penetrator, etc, etc.

Thanks

• Like 1

Yes, it will have. A rescue belt is going to be an attachment (separate addon) thus you will have a chance to change it for something different via custom script then. Memory points in various places of the model may come in handy in MMs creations and as such they won't be missed in the addon.

Great, in the future, I hope to just be able to send my attachments to you, so that no one needs to download a separate addon, however, I'll let you decide if you actually want to include them or not.Thanks for the reply

An addon that is comprised of community created items would be neat idea. As well, will you guys be releasing texture template so others may create extra textures? For example different squadron markings or a Ch 113 Labrador texture? Loving all the news you guys supply us with!  :)

Please, let us release the basic version of the addon without any further requests first, so that we could talk about further addon's modifications after that. I really appreciate all requests and ideas, as some of them can be implemented and may greatly enhance play-ability of the addon in MP environment. Having some others would be a real pain in the ass. We don't want hype to much by answering questions/requests, because some of the addon features may turn out to be unattainable, eventually. Please, be patient and I hope it will be worth of waiting. 

Of course, sorry about sounding so needy and greedy. Can't wait for the initial release :)

Nightintruder, were you able to solve the problem with the lights to your satisfaction or is it still a pain in the *** ?

The problem with lights seen through an aircraft's fuselage is definitively either a model or texture-wise and as such is solvable, haven't done it yet in this addon but tested it in my test platform for the CH46 which is Mi-17 of polish SOF:

The problem with dynamically switching lights at drawn scene comes from the game engine limitations. The only way to improve it is by increasing "Dynamic lighting" slider in the game options or reducing a number of lights embedded in the model itself. I've done both, including aggregation of lights that are close to each other in the addon config. This however have decreased quality of lighting of the addon, unfortunately. You can see it clearly on movies linked below where colored static lights and white flashing ones from this movie 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHcyPN-jDQ

have been merged into those colored flashing ones:

I am not very proud of this workaround and it's not looking great anymore, but was the only one I could find. Obviously, the more Knights in close proximity, the worst. Remember, the addon is still heavy WIP.

• Like 2

The problem with lights seen through an aircraft's fuselage is definitively either a model or texture-wise and as such is solvable, haven't done it yet in this addon but tested it in my test platform for the CH46 which is Mi-17 of polish SOF:

The problem with dynamically switching lights at drawn scene comes from the game engine limitations. The only way to improve it is by increasing "Dynamic lighting" slider in the game options or reducing a number of lights embedded in the model itself. I've done both, including aggregation of lights that are close to each other in the addon config. This however have decreased quality of lighting of the addon, unfortunately. You can see it clearly on movies linked below where colored static lights and white flashing ones from this movie 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHcyPN-jDQ

have been merged into those colored flashing ones:

I am not very proud of this workaround and it's not looking great anymore, but was the only one I could find. Obviously, the more Knights in close proximity, the worst. Remember, the addon is still heavy WIP.

I still like the way the strobes flash but it's indeed not what you first intended. Too bad the arma 3 engine is often the thing that limits possibilities for mod makers. Shame

Well, I guess the problem lies on computers performance side rather than on engine itself. There always was and will be a problem of max dynamic lights being computed on scene. Regarding sandbox limitation, I agree to some extent as I am still waiting for TKOH scripting/AFM being implemented into the game. But taking it overall - it's not so bad.

Pertaining to your "test bird", do you or someone else have a tutorial on how to make rain drops appear on the window? I've seen it on a few other helos, but I think they were all under your work....I could be wrong on that.

Pertaining to your "test bird", do you or someone else have a tutorial on how to make rain drops appear on the window? I've seen it on a few other helos, but I think they were all under your work....I could be wrong on that.

I know only one set of rain effects that are used among addons and that's my work, indeed. It's a feature included in most of my aviation addons, a "watermark" I would say. There's no tutorial as the effects base on a few sets of animated textures (which weren't made by me) and a script made by Slideroy. Without those textures (and the script), making the effect from a scratch would be a tremendous work. Maybe there's another way, based on particles or post processing, but honestly I am happy enough with the current effects to not looking for a different approach. If I have a month of a free time I will make new textures and perhaps write tutorial, but it won't happen soon, apparently.

Give us the damn download :D, It looks awesome!

Thank you. Yeaah, it looks quite good but a look is equally important as a handling to me and many players. And still a lot of work is required in the latter, not to mention a sound and other immersion-wise things. 

• Like 1

Have you thought about adding HiddenSelections onto your helicopter. So that the numbers on the nose and side would be randomised every time one is spawned?

I am not at that point yet. However, more likely is that MMs would have a full control over what side numbers, markings, crew members tags etc. are on which aircraft, like it was on my previous (not released) A2 version of the Knight. So, random numbers on spawn is unlikely and, honestly speaking, not really needed in the environment the addon is intended for. 

Also, can you add a couple of custom paints? I would like dark grey or black one (without any markings), for blackops pmc stuff...

• Like 1

Also, can you add a couple of custom paints? I would like dark grey or black one (without any markings), for blackops pmc stuff...

Nice idea! Also possible to add the grey/green USMC camo? And a desert also :)

Nice idea! Also possible to add the grey/green USMC camo? And a desert also :)

I think at this stage the focus is getting her operational, so im going to say hold off of request like such for now, and I am pretty sure NightIntruder would agree. Thanks for all the interest, excitement and nice comments though! We are just excited as all of you are!

• Like 4

Whoa, this is very promising. I think I will love it, by the way how much work is left to be done ? Good luck!

I think at this stage the focus is getting her operational, so im going to say hold off of request like such for now, and I am pretty sure NightIntruder would agree. Thanks for all the interest, excitement and nice comments though! We are just excited as all of you are!

Sorry, I don't intend to annoying with the request. Maybe I was just curious if there are more skin than the "USMC default" one. But maybe there will be other people that will make custom skin once it was released. Thansk for your work guys and sorry if I look like request/spammer, swear not intend to :D

Have you taken a break from the CH-46 and moved onto the MI-18?

I have noticed that the more news about Knight's progress had been posted the more annoying requests have emerged. Just stopped feeding ppl with news and have gotten more time for development which is nice. Also, I find out that some people have been trying to drain my ideas for their projects. I am waiting impatiently to see which projects will have those ideas implemented. 

Anyway, the Mi-17 is a testbed for CH46. As long as I work on either one, I work on both.  A little teaser tho: at the moment, I work on implementation of system that generates climate environment (ambient temperature specifically) and it will have a dramatic impact on a helicopter performance, like IRL. It's scripted system so can be transferred to any helicopter quickly.

So, answering you question directly - no, I have not. 

• Like 3

I have noticed that the more news about Knight's progress had been posted the more annoying requests have emerged. Just stopped feeding ppl with news and have gotten more time for development which is nice. Also, I find out that some people have been trying to drain my ideas for their projects. I am waiting impatiently to see which projects will have those ideas implemented. 

Anyway, the Mi-17 is a testbed for CH46. As long as I work on either one, I work on both.  A little teaser tho: at the moment, I work on implementation of system that generates climate environment (ambient temperature specifically) and it will have a dramatic impact on a helicopter performance, like IRL. It's scripted system so can be transferred to any helicopter quickly.

So, answering you question directly - no, I have not. 

Oh okay, I understand that may be annoying. I didn't mean to offend in any way, was just weird seeing this thread have noone post for a while