Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

hololand, on pictures you posted I see rotated M134 only. Gunner don't shoot. Rotating and shooting are not the same.

Here's the video.. Go see for yourself the angles they fire the guns.. The Gau-21 is fired pretty much straight forward and its mounted on the same mount as the M134 on the other side..

https://youtu.be/I_4cH_5Zl-c

1. regardless of what mission/mod is played. The majority play dayz... I play both dayz and vanilla... I have 4k hours and my opinion matters the same as yours. I was simply speaking for the "majority"

Are you sure your the majority..

There is a standalone game called dayz, made by BI, go play that.

Dayz mod was made for A2, it is a 'mod', you don't alter a game to conform to a mod, its done the other way around.

• Like 2

THIS UPDATE SUCKS

WHY DID YOU NERF MINI-GUNS! IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT!

On a more serious note. I spent 1400 hours learning the minigun in the littlebird. It was great and perfectly fine... THEN YOU GO CHANGE IT FOR NO REASON AT ALL! 

NO ONE CARES ABOUT REALISM IN A 10 YEAR OLD GAME! IF YOU WANT REALISM PLAY ACE MOD OR ANY REALISM MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also what is the stupidity with the DMR that is already an OP gun and probably one of the more realistic.... AND ADDING ZEROING?!?! SO I LEARNED THE MILLDOTS FOR NOTHING!??!?!.

WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THE GUNS ON THE VENOM!!!?... 80% of the arma 2 community plays dayz now.... where the venom is the air vehicle of choice, How stupid do you have to be to change the venom!?!?!?!

I am angry cause i love arma... I invested 4000 hours into a game for you to completely out of the blue change everything that is not broken FOR NO REASON.

Umm... ArmA 2 is a realism simulator...  :mellow:

1) A2 DayZ is a MOD to ArmA 2

2) ArmA 2 is a "tactical military sandbox" (TACTICAL Carl!)

3) The people behind the updates are mature, educated AND willing to spend their time and effort to actually do shit to achieve their goals.

4) Those of you who bitch and moan about the changes, you do just that. Period.

NOW, calculate this. I dare you. Infact, I double dare you!  B)

• Like 1

Right so all of you complaining about us voicing our opinions on the updates, have you actually used a freaking venom in game??? Please, I beg you to try one and tell me that it is a realistic experience not being able to move the gun....

• Like 1

1) A2 DayZ is a MOD to ArmA 2

2) ArmA 2 is a "tactical military sandbox" (TACTICAL Carl!)

3) The people behind the updates are mature, educated AND willing to spend their time and effort to actually do shit to achieve their goals.

4) Those of you who bitch and moan about the changes, you do just that. Period.

NOW, calculate this. I dare you. Infact, I double dare you!  B)

This post tries to get to the top of the bullshit list.... Wow

How about a big nice hot cup of shut the hell up?

You know nothing about me or the people who "bitch and moan", so take your assumptions and stick'em where the sun doesn't shine.

• Like 1

I wanna ask ... how can i solve that "session lost" problem after joining to any dayz server? I am using *.bat files to login to servers so if there is any way how to fix it (changing a code in *.bat file or something)? Thanks

I really don't want to join the mini-gun "discussion" (loose description).  So I'm just making an observation and leaving it at that.

I don't usually play with the venom, I did play with it today.

I've flown in real helos, I know people can safely lean various ways for some visibility fore and aft.  I've never been in one with mounted guns.

My impression of the minigun arc range comes from this video I saw long ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUJdzFFORs

And based on that I too think the new arc is too restrictive.  The video shows the gunner is able to arc the gun pretty near to the rear.  I would think the same is possible for the front.

• Like 1

If you introduce these type of changes, why don't you copy the classes and make new ones with these changes? Its just some lines of code.. That way the people who want your "fixed" vehicles can use those classes in missions instead and the rest of us stick to the old ones..

I enjoy playing overpoch mostly these days, but I'm also the guy that created Takistan Life so I have some experience with vanilla A2/OA aswell.. Back in TakiLife the venom and blackhawk were the "deadliest" helicopters you could get, and the same usually goes for most non-militarized overpoch servers I've played on.. So trust me when I'm saying that removing manual fire and restricting the mounted gun angles like this really destroys a large aspect of gameplay in both vanilla A2/OA mods and dayz mods.

Same thing with offroad speed really.. Belongs in ACE.. It just makes things slow and boring for the main part. Or why not make it a mission config thing so you can define how much impact offroading will have on speed?

I played alot of ACE mp missions and I think that if you want to go with realism, it's ACE you should be playing..

I've said it before, and others have aswell.. This late in the games life, is not the time to "nerf" things that affect gameplay in such a huge aspect..

But about weapons and all the zeroing stuff, I think that more, if not all, weapons should have zeroing..

• Like 2

Ok this is really getting out of hand it seems.  What i dont understand is all the talk about "realism", when we are playing arma. for 1 its a game, 2 Its arma, known for its "bugs". Why do you think people play this game and have issues and brush it off...ITs called arma FLAWGIC.  ITs logic for arma. Most people are more annoyed but what holo said, walking down stairs and dying, things like that.  Not cosmetic issues.

What the team has "fixed" is mostly cosmetic issues that were probly just pestering a few people..  Oh the handle is showing through the side of the heli, lets lock the turrets in, thats more realistic.  Why not redo the 3D texture so it DOESNT go through the side of the heli.  Instead of locking the turrets.

What this team has done is literally taken a Corvette and put a firefly engine in it...with a couple flat tires.

You cant build a game, allow players to play thousands of hours and change it for the worst.  I know the team put LOTS of effort into this and to come here and see this.  But didn't any of you ever think that what you were releasing might cause this?

One post says the locking turret was a accident.  The next post says too many people complained we will look into reverting it back... so which one is it? make up your minds.

Fact of the matter is, many things are "broken" because it is not what we are used to, the thousands of hours of playing learning the game.  Might as well find another game away from bohemia is this is how they do so called updates.  I know we might not see everything you guys do in the background.  But if you dont like opinions like this, dont work on updates tbh. and definitelymake sure to not change a big aspect of the game.  

Oh and to finish...I really think alot of the dayz mods have made arma what it is.  Just gota look at steam :)  And this update mostly broke stuff for the modders.   I wouldnt have arma if it wasnt for dayz, and i know many other people too. TBH ive never played the arma game.

end rant....

• Like 2

lets please focus less on ranting and negative shallow complains and more on the usable feedback ...

the Corepatch team was and is reading this thread and steam discussion thread to prepare what needs to fixed and addressed

if you look on the huge amount of changes (it's in 3rd post not the short in 1st) then you may realize that some issues would arise

it would be nice to give them chance address those instead of marking such amount of work as negative because of some issues

• Like 2

If you introduce these type of changes, why don't you copy the classes and make new ones with these changes? Its just some lines of code.. That way the people who want your "fixed" vehicles can use those classes in missions instead and the rest of us stick to the old ones..

I enjoy playing overpoch mostly these days, but I'm also the guy that created Takistan Life so I have some experience with vanilla A2/OA aswell.. Back in TakiLife the venom and blackhawk were the "deadliest" helicopters you could get, and the same usually goes for most non-militarized overpoch servers I've played on.. So trust me when I'm saying that removing manual fire and restricting the mounted gun angles like this really destroys a large aspect of gameplay in both vanilla A2/OA mods and dayz mods.

Same thing with offroad speed really.. Belongs in ACE.. It just makes things slow and boring for the main part. Or why not make it a mission config thing so you can define how much impact offroading will have on speed?

I played alot of ACE mp missions and I think that if you want to go with realism, it's ACE you should be playing..

I've said it before, and others have aswell.. This late in the games life, is not the time to "nerf" things that affect gameplay in such a huge aspect..

But about weapons and all the zeroing stuff, I think that more, if not all, weapons should have zeroing..

YES YES YES!, like I was saying... All of the realism nuts should be playing ACE mod... Not trying to turn the vanilla game into some semi-realistic jumble that it is now. Which has had a significant impact on other more played mods. 

• Like 1

I feel like I should say that I do respect the developers for continuing to give love to an old game like Arma 2 that is reaching its old age now. Your continued attention is partially what keeps the community alive. I understand you will have spent many hours effort into these recent "changes" and your naturally going to defend them. But please listen to us. Perhaps next time you could put up a poll before making any major changes like this?... As we can see this update has caused quite a commotion among the remaining A2 community and there is a reason behind that. I think rather than having us all argue the facts I will link a few straw polls just so we can get a better Idea.

Venom gunning angles

http://strawpoll.me/6325377

DMR / SVD / KSVK Zeroing

http://strawpoll.me/6325384

I would also like to mention how preedswe mentioned a fantastic point... Why not just keep both versions of the weapon under separate class names so that it can be the choice of the mission maker?.

There has been some positive to this update too, Iron sights on some scoped weapons are nice, bug fixes are nice and the changes to the m134 on the venom (NOT THE ANGLES) are nice

• Like 1

After the update there are few issues. Nothing gamebreaking so far. 

First i state my modlist: CBA_CO, ACE,ACEX,ACEX_ru,ACEX_us,JSRS,JSRS_ACE,JSRS_ACR,ST_MAP,ST_Intract,ST_Movement,Blastcore, and offcourse ACR_DLC

First issue: Some Woodland ACR units in my missions changed to Desert units, I only have 12 missions and issue appeared in only 4 of them so i allready fixed it.

Second issue: There is Errormessage varning about some error in SVD iron sights, but SVD works properly and both scope and ironsights on SVD seem to be working ok.

Third: All my Clan members lost ability to join any servers.

I spent entire saturday on Teamwiever fixing it for every single one of them. 

Fix:

Uninstal battleeye

Delete all traces of battleeye from computer

Verify integrity of game cache

Run the game from steam

Install battleeye

After this fix all my clan members are able to join servers again.

lso i am working on ACR weapon pack so far i have 4 rifles.

CZ805A1_ACOG (5.56)

CZ805A1_ACOG_GL (5.56)

CZ805A1_HOLO (5.56)

CZ805A1_ZDdot (same as the original BIS one but with proper magazine and with folded ironsights) (5.56)

Why this mod? Because ACR DLC is all wrong 

1st ACR doesnt use the transparent magazine, as far as iam informed, they use normal stanags.

2st on BIS rifles with scopes and colimators the folded ironsights are missing. Real army leaves the ironsights there for case when otics breaks.

3rd In acr dlc the CZ805 with grenade launcher and ACOG uses 7.62x51 ammo, real army doesnt use that.

4th Czech army uses the stock that BIS has on B1 rifle on A1 rifles.

Picture (only 3 rifles):

lWe8rDg.jpg

Iam offering that pack for the upcoming ACR fix.

Other than that, Great Job Guys, keep it UP! :)

• Like 1

So after some more playtime I'm back to update the post I made before

I am a long time arma2 player with many more hours than I am willing to admit. These changes have really broken a few things. I mainly play the Overpoch mod so I can't speak about any other mods. 

- Full auto m14 aim: It might be more real but this is incredibly overpowered. It has got almost no recoil. Please revert this!!!

- Venom gunner angle: Pretty much every mod I have ever played has got hydras on the venom disabled. They are the yin where the blackhawk is the yang. Eventhough the blackhawk was slightly better, you have just made the venom completely useless. Again, might be more realistic but it breaks the gameplay!

- AS50 sound: There was no need to change this. You could easily distinguish the as50 sound from the lapua sound by listening to the reload sound after the shot. Now it sounds exactly like the m107. PLEASE REVERT YOU MADE THE COOLEST GUN SOUND TURN INTO A HORRIBLE ONE, WHY???

- DMR scope: After all these years... Our trusty sniper that requires some skill to zero and can be used with NVG is now no more. No more NVGs, a scope and zeroing that doesn't feel right. 

- Why make all vehicles even slower offroad? A bike is now officially faster than GPK/Armed suv in a forest. It's almost impossible to drive uphill in a treeline because you go so damn slow.

- Remove zeroing from KSVK/SVD

- Revert firerate of m134. The firerate of m134 has been greatly increased. It's a freaking lazerbeam now. Pretty sure it only takes about 15 sec to empty a 2000 round mag on 4krpm.

But to keep some positivity. Some of the good changes

- the 'radiation' around broken down buildings is fixed. big plus!!

- mk17 sniper scope now has a toggable. this is great as it was pretty far zoomed in.

You cant use NVGs with Scopes in real world. So thats not bug, thats fix!

Also PSO scope is zeroable in real life so another good fix.

Stop complaining when they do it right!

• Like 1

So after some more playtime I'm back to update the post I made before

I am a long time arma2 player with many more hours than I am willing to admit. These changes have really broken a few things. I mainly play the Overpoch mod so I can't speak about any other mods. 

- Full auto m14 aim: It might be more real but this is incredibly overpowered. It has got almost no recoil. Please revert this!!!

- Venom gunner angle: Pretty much every mod I have ever played has got hydras on the venom disabled. They are the yin where the blackhawk is the yang. Eventhough the blackhawk was slightly better, you have just made the venom completely useless. Again, might be more realistic but it breaks the gameplay!

- AS50 sound: There was no need to change this. You could easily distinguish the as50 sound from the lapua sound by listening to the reload sound after the shot. Now it sounds exactly like the m107. PLEASE REVERT YOU MADE THE COOLEST GUN SOUND TURN INTO A HORRIBLE ONE, WHY???

- DMR scope: After all these years... Our trusty sniper that requires some skill to zero and can be used with NVG is now no more. No more NVGs, a scope and zeroing that doesn't feel right. 

- Why make all vehicles even slower offroad? A bike is now officially faster than GPK/Armed suv in a forest. It's almost impossible to drive uphill in a treeline because you go so damn slow.

- Remove zeroing from KSVK/SVD

- Revert firerate of m134. The firerate of m134 has been greatly increased. It's a freaking lazerbeam now. Pretty sure it only takes about 15 sec to empty a 2000 round mag on 4krpm.

But to keep some positivity. Some of the good changes

- the 'radiation' around broken down buildings is fixed. big plus!!

- mk17 sniper scope now has a toggable. this is great as it was pretty far zoomed in.

This ^

hi Goliath, Dwarden etc

thanks for all the work you put in - am looking forward to seeing the improvements - many hidden performance boosts from not having undefined variables spamming the logs! etc

I have one minor, but annoying issue to report

it looks like you have renamed a basic class of magazine in the BAF arsenal

200Rnd_762x54_GPMG

as our server throws this error:

gpmg1_zpsgmj3bax7.jpg

can i suggest you do this instead in the baf_weapons or wherever you made the change

class 200Rnd_762x54_GPMG: CA_magazine
{
scope = 1;
...etc
};

as otherwise all of the mods we have made which acknowledge the old incorrectly-named magazine will need changing

it is better practice in modding to "scope 1" a classname change than to delete it.

I can verify that the modeloptics is borked in the G36's

We use modded versions which reproduce many of the BIS configs, so I imagine it is way up the inheritance

I would suggest you look here

class G36a: Rifle
	{
		muzzles[] = {"MuzzleFar"};
		class MuzzleFar: G36C
		{
			optics = 1;
			opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;
			modelOptics = "\ca\weapons\G36\G36_optics"; //IS THIS MISSING?

as all of the G36's inherit this from muzzlefar.

• Like 1

ok now the patch also changes a lot of zeroing sets and vision modes in weapons:

L85 AWS

M110 TWS

M8 TWS

M240 M145

M249 TWS / M145

G36A/C/K

M16 / M4 Acogs

M4 CCO/HWS/ Acogs

Mk12 SPR

Mk16 CCO

Mk17 TWS

AK74 Kobras

KSVK

PKP

what do i need to add to the settings below for my own weapons patch in rangemaster mod to patch your patch with my own weapon settings?

I added requiredversion to the latest but this makes no difference

Is there a requiredaddons entry for the new weapons patch that i should reference, so it will be loaded BEFORE my mod?

requiredVersion = 1.63.131129; //1.59;
		requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons","CAWeapons_AK","CAWeapons_E","CAWeapons_E_AK","CAWeapons_E_GrenadeLauncher","CAWeapons_E_scar","CAWeapons_BAF","CA_ACR","CAWEAPONS_ACR","CA_PMC","CAWeapons_PMC","CAWeapons2","CAWeapons_E_fnfal","CAWeapons_E_Metis","CAWeapons_E_M110","CAweapons_E_ksvk","CAWeapons_E_MAAWS","CAWeapons_VSS_vintorez","CAweapons_m107","CAweapons_E_m107","CAWeapons2_SMAW","CAWeapons_PMC_AS50","CAWeapons_PMC_XM8","CAWeapons_E_M47","CAWeapons_ACR_LRTV","CAWeapons_E_M240","CAWeapons_bizon","CAWeapons_E_M14","CAWeapons_ACR_UK59","CAWeapons_ACR_CZ805","CAWeapons_E_G36","Extended_eventhandlers"};

ok i think i need to add "corepatch" to that line

yes that worked

phew! i just unf**ked all the weapons - at least in our mod pack anyway.

we have all the NVG operational, and zeroing on anything with a wheel.

we have ksvks and m107s zeroing out to 2200m

Attention mod makers:

To override any changes you don't want in the corepatch, just add this to your config

requiredaddons[] = {"corepatch"}; 

and your addon will patch on top of their patch.

• Like 2

You cant use NVGs with Scopes in real world. So thats not bug, thats fix!

Also PSO scope is zeroable in real life so another good fix.

Stop complaining when they do it right!

I have to disagree with you because I most certainly HAVE used a scope and NVG at the same time while serving on active duty with the US Marine Corps.  You can even look through the scope with your NVG behind it to zoom the image (doesn't look the greatest, but it works) or you can use the swing arm to move the NOD to your left eye and keep both eyes open thus imposing the Cheveron from the RCO onto your vision from the NVG.  Both are effective uses in the infantry for NOD and Scope use, and that's just some of the ways to do it with the M16A4 or M4A1 mounting the ACOG RCO.  There are also other methods and special night optics available to Designated Marksmen or Snipers to use with, or replace their day sight.

I really don't want to join the mini-gun "discussion" (loose description).  So I'm just making an observation and leaving it at that.

I don't usually play with the venom, I did play with it today.

I've flown in real helos, I know people can safely lean various ways for some visibility fore and aft.  I've never been in one with mounted guns.

My impression of the minigun arc range comes from this video I saw long ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUJdzFFORs

And based on that I too think the new arc is too restrictive.  The video shows the gunner is able to arc the gun pretty near to the rear.  I would think the same is possible for the front.

I'm working with MAW (Marine Air Wing) guys to get the actual numbers, but for the record, the GAU 17 (Minigun) can in fact be fired directly forward, the gunner leans into the side, also they can use a laser to sight the gun at night without firing.  I already provided the RL angles the UH60 can reach, also trying to get the EXACT official ones for the Huey as well (Which has a crew of 4 and 8 additional Marines can be carried, even with a full load of ammo and rockets and a sortie time of 1.5 hours assumed.)

Secondly.  Since you guys are adding iron sights and such to the Rifles and doing a few other MAJOR fixes and things, I would like the request the following for your consideration since the game takes place in 2009.

Let's talk about an old warhorse whom is near and dear to my heart. The M16A4 Service Rifle. (She's not an Assault Rifle, she's a SERVICE RIFLE.)

I want to address a few different issues related to the rifle. 

On the versions showing the ACOG, the sight is wrong, we use the Trijicon TA31 ACOG RCO with an inverted Red Cheveron, not the black cross post one featured in game.  The closest (still wrong it's missing the Mil Scale to both sides and the BDC is too small) to the actual sight is the one on the M4A3 ACOG M203. 

For some reason, the game features a version of the M16A4 with an aimpoint.  That is not fitted nor issued to Marines, it never has been, nor will it be.  (Must be for gameplay reasons or something)

Another point.  All versions of the M16A4 are modeled as having the PEQ 2 laser on the right side of the rifle.  The PEQ 2 was phased out in 2004 and complete replacement by the PEQ 15 was achieved in 2005, all inventory of the PEQ 2 was devested by 2006.  By the time I was in SOI (School of Infantry) in 2009, the PEQ 15 (Visible and IR lasers) was being phased out and replaced in favor of the new PEQ 16, we trained on and used both.  My personal preference was the PEQ 15.  I didn't like the 16 as much, although it has a flashlight built in, which is nice.

ON THAT NOTE, the PEQ 15 IS modeled in game, mounted on the SCAR Mk 16 and Mk 17.  (I'll give detailed version numbers later)  But the SCAR Mk16 HOLO (EOTECH 552 HWS NVG Compatible) has a tan FDE PEQ15 mounted on the right hand side.

To be able to give accurate info, I began testing the game a few hours ago and noticed the following issues.  Some may be well known, others new, but regardless, here are a few.

Lasers and Flashlights.  For me, every time, to get them to work, I have to aim nearly vertical into the sky to get them to turn on, or off.

Flashlights also don't seem to do much for brightness.

The M24 SWS and M24 Desert for some reason, eject brass to the left........  This shouldn't happen, as the bolt is on the right hand side, and there is solid metal blocking the brass from kicking out the wrong side.

Many weapons do not seem to zoom properly, I'd like to address this in a separate post.

The G36 family in game do not have a laser, though several mount the ISM IR sight and should have a laser.  Also noticed that the reason primary site cannot be used is because of the incredible zoom level which is above the sight, but below the secondary sight.

None of the NATO rifles I fired seemed to have tracers unless they were firing the MG36 100 round C Mag.

The M4 doesn't have an animated bolt.

The M14 and M21 do not have an animated bolt.

The M40A3 and M24 do not have an animated bolt.

The MP5 does not have an animated bolt.

The AK 107 does not have an animated bolt, however, the bolt locks partially back when empty.

No Sniper systems have illuminated reticule.  ( I KNOW the SVD PSO 1 Scope has one, as well as the US systems.)

VSS Vintorez has animated bolt, but something strange happens to the model in game when out of ammo, the color changes to a different grey and the bolt area disappears until reloaded.

KSVK has no animated bolt.

On to vehicles for a second.

Why is it that the LAV 25 STILL doesn't have the M240 on the roof for the commander?

Grenade Launcher sights are a bit off on the M203 (M16 and M4) but for the EGLM, I honestly have no idea where to aim in order to have an accurate impact, even though the launcher has the Adjustable quadrant sight mounted.  (10 Meter Increments for precision fire from 10 to 400 Meters)

Anyway, wow, I started writing this last night, but wanted to check a few things, worked a bit in the editor to see what was functional on the small arms I mentioned, and more, next thing I know, it's morning.  (Crap)  This started as an update about the UH1Y and I wanted to address the M16A4 issues.... How did I just do all this?!??!?

I have stuff to take care of today, so I'm just going to end this one here.  Noticed a lot of stuff again, and would like to help address it, if able.

lets please focus less on ranting and negative shallow complains and more on the usable feedback ...

I wouldnt feel the need to rant if the Updater team was on the same page. Read this thread again from start to finish.  Not everyone is one the same page.One person said thiat was a accident, that it was not supposed to be part of the update...and thats the discussion about the venom.   The next person said it WAS part of the update, but they will change it beucaue too many people are complaining.   

Also look at my first post, it was about the Bat file, in no way was I frustrated or ranting.   Then i started having my community, duke this dont work anymore, and duke this and that and this....I linked them here.   So if you want to know where my frustration is coming from, its from running servers.  Im might be the only one ranting, but let me tell you im not the only one LOL

ahh man what has this world come to...

cosmetics over functionability.  Like a girl shopping for a cell phone.  OOOOOO i want the iphone 5c because its pretty.. but wait a minute i have the 5s. 5c is prettier lets do that.  "facepalm"

Just get the samsung S6 and be done with it.

and if this team wants usable feedback...stop insulting us and telling that we the players, the customers STILL using the game and hosting servers need to stop CRYING. We are voicing our frustration on something that was changed that should of been left alone for the most part, (cosmetics)  IF you call this crying you have some growing up do and you havnt had teenagers in your life as kids...

THATs what you guys remind me of. females shopping.  Going for cosmetics to satisfy themselves.....not functionality

• Like 2

hi Goliath, Dwarden etc

thanks for all the work you put in - am looking forward to seeing the improvements - many hidden performance boosts from not having undefined variables spamming the logs! etc

I have one minor, but annoying issue to report

it looks like you have renamed a basic class of magazine in the BAF arsenal

200Rnd_762x54_GPMG

as our server throws this error:

gpmg1_zpsgmj3bax7.jpg

can i suggest you do this instead in the baf_weapons or wherever you made the change

class 200Rnd_762x54_GPMG: CA_magazine
{
scope = 1;
...etc
};

as otherwise all of the mods we have made which acknowledge the old incorrectly-named magazine will need changing

it is better practice in modding to "scope 1" a classname change than to delete it.

I can verify that the modeloptics is borked in the G36's

We use modded versions which reproduce many of the BIS configs, so I imagine it is way up the inheritance

I would suggest you look here

class G36a: Rifle
	{
		muzzles[] = {"MuzzleFar"};
		class MuzzleFar: G36C
		{
			optics = 1;
			opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;
			modelOptics = "\ca\weapons\G36\G36_optics"; //IS THIS MISSING?

as all of the G36's inherit this from muzzlefar.

Just a quick comment on this.

Is that the British GPMG?  If so, it should fire 7.62x51 NATO, not 7.62X54, as 7.62x54R is a Russian round, not a Nato one.

yeah i know, i think they must have realised and renamed it.

BUT as loads of vehicles have the original "incorrectly-named" mag in their magazines array, it causes popups unless each vehicle is edited.

I just added it to our core weapons mod, so we dont have the popup.

other people using mods that used BAF vehicle weapons will have this popup until the team here reinstates it and make it scope 1.

you should NEVER delete a classname from a long published dataset

• Like 1