Dwarden

A2/A2:OA Patch 18.12.2015

mate, you need to be nicer, and less demanding in your replies.

this is a mature community of volunteer coders - please reflect on what i say - act with a little more dignity in your requests.

• Like 1

Judging by all of these replies, I guess it will all come down to whether BI is willing to go down the path of EA Games, or instead continue to produce great games for their base community, which doesn't comprise of players of DayZ or Overpoch or any of that, in case anyone's wondering...

Anyway it would be nice to get a reply on my previous post. Quoting myself here:

It's good to see that this game is still being worked on. Your efforts are appreciated guys! How about you also take a look at this very neat feature in ACE that was broken a long time ago due to game patches (according to ACE devs, there was nothing they could do and it was a game-related issue) 

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/71664

Well since I still didn't participate in zeroing debate, I will now. The only reason why DMR, SVD and KSVK has no zeroing is because these weapons originated in Arma 2 when there was no zeroing feature in the engine. Why BIS didn't update these weapons when they developed OA is beyond me, I guess they just didn't care at the time or simply forgot to because they added zeroing to AKM but not to AK-74 even though both weapons are actively used and both originated model and config-wise in A2.

• Like 2

http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma2oa/announcements/detail/45398879829365939

Changelog:
- AS50 sound reverted to original
- DMR zeroing removed due to community requests
- Burst lengths decreased for aircraft cannons
- Lee Enfield zeroing reverted to original state
- NVG is now usable with western scopes again
- Helicopter side gunners firing angles reverted to original
- All An-2 variants are now retexturable through hidden selections
- GMG and AGS-30 zeroings fixed, no longer include unusable values
- "No Owner" RPT messages should no longer appear
- All patches are merged into single addon

• Like 1

The fuck BIS? Have I accidentally wondered into an EA or Activision forums?

What is this casual-catering bullshit?

I think they have given both options. For those that want it to stay the way it is, if I'm correct, that's 'Legacy'. For those that are o.k. with the changes, that's still plain old 'beta'.

Well I hope this is the case. ;)

I could be wrong of course..

Probs to the devs for listening to the community.

OT: Some guys here were posting specifically about the firing angles of the helicopters. My cousin and me were rocking the air back in the day and loved heli fights, so if any of u guys who said they only play the game because of the venom etc. would like some air battles, hit me up at steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/junzi25/

Cheers ^_^

Wuuuhuuuu :D We has our "unrealistic" Venom back. Thanks all for that :)

Have a wonderful christmas.

Well, I see the new update has posted.  Kinda sad about the DMR not being able to be zeroed anymore, as it really can be, but oh well.

On to the next note.  I don't know if anything will be done about it, but bringing up the 2009 thing again.  M40A3 Sniper Rifle had the 3 to 12 variable power M8541 SSDS as standard by that year, and had the Badger Ordinance M5 Conversion as standard (10 round detachable box magazine from AICS, the same ones who made the L115 stock) and was being supplemented by the M40A5 as well (Major difference is mostly that it has a quick detach suppressor)

On that note

Both the M110 SASS and the Mk12 SPR have suppressors as standard issue, but not in game, also Mk12 is missing a bipod, and most have the KAC rail.  I know it's unlikely to be added, but it's something to consider, since the Russians get the VSS Vintorez.

You cant use NVGs with Scopes in real world. So thats not bug, thats fix!

Also PSO scope is zeroable in real life so another good fix.

Stop complaining when they do it right!

Some scopes are specifically made to be compatible with SOME night vision optics. I wish we had more than 1 type of night vision optic! Isn't this possible? All night visions is a visual filter via an embedded script, just like TI right?

Also, changing TI to be more fuzzy and realistic would be a massive improvement to realistic gameplay. Maybe changing the default filters to have a static effect or blurring after a distance as IRL.

The fuck BIS? Have I accidentally wondered into an EA or Activision forums?

What is this casual-catering bullshit?

Have you ever heard of a game called ArmA 3?

Remember this is primarily community driven patches that dwarden has been nice enough or organize and release with the corepatch devs. I don't believe BI is really pushing the content here, so take it up with corepatch devs.

Kinda sad about the DMR not being able to be zeroed anymore, as it really can be, but oh well.

M40A3 Sniper Rifle had the 3 to 12 variable power M8541 SSDS as standard by that year, and had the Badger Ordinance M5 Conversion as standard (10 round detachable box magazine from AICS,

you should come discover Rangemaster mod

we have APPROPRIATE zeroing on every possible weapon including the DMR

we have the 338 and the 10-round M24's, as well as zeroing out to 2200m for the m107/AS50

I will add the attachable suppressors you mention to those weapons idc (i made an integral suppressor screw-on/off script for many weapons).

• Like 1

you should come discover Rangemaster mod

we have APPROPRIATE zeroing on every possible weapon including the DMR

we have the 338 and the 10-round M24's, as well as zeroing out to 2200m for the m107/AS50

I will add the attachable suppressors you mention to those weapons idc (i made an integral suppressor screw-on/off script for many weapons).

I don't use mods for any game to be honest, though I'm tempted to try them in ArmA 2's case.  I REALLY miss the Marine Corps, even with some of the really shitty bull crap we had to deal with.

same. well if you have the obsessive kit love we do, just grab the mod and try it.

or pop in for a game

• Like 1

According to the US Navy Training and Regulations manual for the UH-1Y, deploying fixed-forward guns and rockets is part of the "CORE SKILL BASIC PHASE" of pilot training.

So can you please put back manual fire aswell thanks.

But if you want to FIX the UH-1Y, it has a Gau-16 7.62(M134) on one side and a Gau-17 .50 cal on the other, not two M134's... :)

that kind of change is for modders to do

people like us

According to the US Navy Training and Regulations manual for the UH-1Y, deploying fixed-forward guns and rockets is part of the "CORE SKILL BASIC PHASE" of pilot training.

So can you please put back manual fire aswell thanks.

But if you want to FIX the UH-1Y, it has a Gau-16 7.62(M134) on one side and a Gau-17 .50 cal on the other, not two M134's... :)

The GAU 17 is the M134, and the GAU 18 is the updated M2 .50 cal.  (By the way, the bird can mount any combination of GAU 17, 18, or M240 Bravo / Golf MG's.  It's selected by the crew based on their assessment of needs.  The reason the M134 and M2 are used is because their capabilities compliment each other.  (M2 can kill heavier targets with the .50 cal rounds, and the M134 is an anti everything gun that fires lighter rounds.)  it was actually the Headquarters Marine Corps Manual you're referencing.  Basically what happens is, the crew chief and door gunner in back can lock their M134's in a forward facing STOW position (IN FLIGHT)  Once that (and other stuff, but requiring no special gear) is finished, the pilot can fire the M134's in a fixed mode, like the AH6 little bird.  That comes to me from the USMC manual on the UH1Y qualifications, and from the two MAW Marines I've been chatting with.

• Like 1

Well I still vote for reverting the miniguns on the helis both on angles and manual fire..

• Like 1

Thank you for the hotfix guys. Very much appreciated! I have one more request though, the firerate of M134 is waaaaay higher than 2krpm/4krpm right now. Could you revert this too please?

Have a great Christmas!

With no mods running -

BAF L7A2 GPMG still zeroes out to 1400m (changelog from the beta patches mentions - Changed BAF_L7A2_GPMG zeroing from max 1400m to max 800m on 22/09/2015, with no mention of regression).

As mentioned above, the M134 is firing way too quickly. 2000 rounds at 2000rpm is emptied in 30 seconds, which even by my pathetic maths is exactly twice the speed it should be running at.

--

If the DMR and/or L-E was supposed to have zeroing, it should have stayed that way and not been reverted. Pretty sure anyone using a mod that really needed them to have no zeroing could have requested the admins of the mod they use change it back.

• Like 4

This is just sad.