Sign in to follow this  
Bugsfrombis

Fog cheat

Certain people seem to think that there is a cheat/tweak which alows you too see 3 times as far in fog would somebody from BIS tell me if this is atall possible because there is a scum bag going around accusing the clan im in of cheating because we beat his clan.

Its not possible to change view-distans in Multiplayer, everybody have the same distans with fog.. Only in singelplayer its possible! !

I think the yellow aim box is there so your a idiot if you dont use it but it is very fraustrating when you get killed milles away and unrelaistic

BTW, there is a cheat.  A tweak for Nvidia.  That can remove or lessen the fog.  Someone has just shown it to me.  I saw it with my own eyes.

Well, cuz I want everyone to know. I could just spert out the clan name. But since just about everyone on ofp knows I don't think I need to do that. And if you haven't heard I will be happy to tell you.

I think I know what the cheat is supposed to be, but haven't tried it myself yet. However, if I think I am correct on how it works, it shouldn't work with OFP, since the setting is only for DirectX 7 games, and OFP requires DirectX 8.0 (8.1 for OFP:R).

It's like I'm talking to a brick wall- Let me spell it out. Many people in the OFP community are completely in the dark about ways to cheat, and as far as I am concerned, that's just fine. Hell, I've been playing OFP since the demo came out almost a year and a half ago, and I've never heard of this thing you're talking about. If you have been around this forum for a while, you see people straggling in asking questions that you would have bet your mother's life that everyone in the community knew the answer to. But many don't. And when the information you have concerns cheating, better you keep it to yourself, no matter how many people you think know all about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 17 2002,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's like I'm talking to a brick wall- Let me spell it out. Many people in the OFP community are completely in the dark about ways to cheat, and as far as I am concerned, that's just fine. Hell, I've been playing OFP since the demo came out almost a year and a half ago, and I've never heard of this thing you're talking about. If you have been around this forum for a while, you see people straggling in asking questions that you would have bet your mother's life that everyone in the community knew the answer to. But many don't. And when the information you have concerns cheating, better you keep it to yourself, no matter how many people you think know all about it.<span id='postcolor'>

totally agree.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 17 2002,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why the fuck do you guys start topics on this stuff rather than PMing one of the OFP DevTeam?<span id='postcolor'>

You can get your point across without resorting to such an aggressive manner, please try to do so in future smile.gif

If you dont know that a cheat excists how the hell are U supposed to raelize someone is cheating?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 17 2002,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you dont know that a cheat excists how the hell are U supposed to raelize someone is cheating?<span id='postcolor'>

It is ok to explain that there are cheats, and how they can be RECOGNIZED. It is not nescessary to tell the whole community how to DO it, but it would good to give that information to the developers, so they can try to take counter measures (as they did with the desync cheat in 1.85).

The fog cheat exists and our squad has suffered tremendously because of it.

1) We were beat on on an order of magnitude in a ladder game that has fog. Opponents were simply killing us before we could see them - not once but many tens of times.

2) When a comment was made in public - not in a forum but on our own server - our squad was blackballed for refusing to apologise - a member of the opposing team has now admitted using the cheat. Some teams and latterly a well known forum do tollerate and seemingly support cheats.

3) BIS is aware of the cheat but to be honest good as they are they can have little control over graphics card standards and tweaks.

4) For the moment it makes good sense not to play ladder games on maps with fog and to tell any other squads that have an open mind about the problem.

I love the game of OFP but I love free speech as well. After all thats what Everon was all about. This genie is out of its bottle now and cannot be put back in. If we know about it then we can at least recognise it for what it is.

[sAS]Razor

I was a victim of the fog thing just this weekend. It was that St. Pierre CTF map with all that fog, and the other team was a clan and our team was just anybody (6 of us and 5 of them) For the first 5 minutes, none of us saw the other team, but we sure got shot by them. I left after 5 minutes, it just wasn't fun anymore.

-=Die Alive=-

Hi all

Hiding security flaws never works. That is why open source works.

Better to be open about it.

Cheaters have their own little networks of cronies and brag about their cheating prowess to their cronies. Some kind of psychological problem tied up with their cheating makes them brag.

Burying your head in the sand dont make a cheat go away.

There may be an argument for not advertising it around but all that does is let the cheats sneek around longer profiting from their cheat.

Say that it exists and find a solution.

Kind regards walker

I have herd all about [sAS] i have even played on your 1.75 server i remember playing amap called desert rats and because i had twice the amount of kills than anybody else i got called a cheater then was booted off the server.

I think you guys are just suffering from a bad case of looseritus

I have just been told that the squad you are acusing razor also beat you 2-0 on a map without fog how did they do that they got aimbots ammo cheats and can see through walls i suppose.

Yep, I think those threads about "possible cheats" should be banned. IT DOESNT HELP ANYONE!!!

It could also be that you just want to find out where and how to get this cheat aye!

There is no reason for over-motivated morons to discuss the issue here, cause we dont care and we dont mind whether the "killerdeadbeastbloodgangsta clan" killed me or the "devil-evil-barbaric-sniper-hyper-hornets clan"! I enjoy playing even if I am the worst recruit on the entire map! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 17 2002,11:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I enjoy playing even if I am the worst recruit on the entire map! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's the spirit! biggrin.gif

Actually, it can be frustrating to see cheaters at work, I can only imagine how angry it makes these "clans"... worst thing would be not to know what cheats exists, so you can't spot the cheaters. wink.gif

When you have skilled people around who want to cheat, they will. There are so many ways to mock up your local OFP to cheat it's not funny (actually it is)... as with all other software.

You have to get to know who you are playing, observe and keep track, switch sides to do cheater spotting. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have just been told that the squad you are acusing razor also beat you 2-0 on a map without fog how did they do that they got aimbots ammo cheats and can see through walls i suppose. <span id='postcolor'>

It is bad style to accuse a team if you dont know their style or have played against them !

BTW you answered your upper post on your own and showed all your true spirit:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the yellow aim box is there so your a idiot if you dont use it but it is very fraustrating when you get killed milles away and unrelaistic <span id='postcolor'>

Several ladders are on their way to get rid of radio targetting and I hope they will rework their maps soon. This stinks !

If we talk about skills, fairness and sportsmanship you are certainly not in the team. Using the fact that everybody tends to use the radio targetting cheat or cheats at all, does NOT justify you to use them also. I know for a long time that OFP laddering was cheat-free and now the community goes down more and more cause of guys like you.

Skill is not a result of cheats it´s a combinaton of teamwork, fairness and sportsmanship. If you only are able to gain wins by using unfair methods you are far from understanding the word "competition" mad.gif

EFL is reworking the maps as I speak biggrin.gif

Four maps allready have the anti radio script and soon the rest will follow. wink.gif

hehe, there should be a short statue in the Purchase Agreement that sais:

If you cheat and our software detects it, then your CD-key will become obsolete tounge.gif

what you banging on about ballshower pressing ` 22 is cheating yer rite nice 1