Hello Johnny!

Great to hear! Not sure whether we will be on SW or not - I'll chat to the lads. For the time being, keep following us here! :D

On 2/15/2016 at 8:52 PM, -J0hnny- said:

Greetings! We 're a group of greek army stuff and huge ww2 enthusiasts! We ve been waiting for your mod like crazy and we re thankfull for all the time and effort you have put into this..as collectors we re at your service if you need any info, measurements or pics on any available item from any side.

Since we re kind of apes when it comes to pc modding, programming and stuff, we used to run playwithsix for arma2 mods but for some of us it wont work for some reason in arma3, so instead we use steam workshop.

Could you please upload your mod in steam workshop so we can join your community too? We cant wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have it on the workshop at the moment but we do have a steam group for the mod http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warchronicles

I hope your group finds this somewhat useful

has there been any updates to the mod ?

Please stop spamming. The mod makers will updated this topic if and when there's an update, you've been told about that already.

Good news @McAber and thanks for the news letter

Getting a texture load error for M_41_Mesh_Show_Brown_Leather_nohq.paa even though it is in the pbo.

Should these guys look like the ones I've seen in the screenshots a few pages back or are you still working with placeholder textures?

Thank you very much chaps!!! We can finally start enjoying some ww2 era...everything looks amazing and we cant wait to see even more of your creations!! again, if you need anything of what i stated on the previous post we re at your service..

Hay are you guys looking for tester and or a map maker.

since the eden edittor cam out if you give me the map templates i could get the buildings and the differnt things set up.

Also i could make bases

This also means i would need your buildings and i could could try and do it on the  maps o r template you give.

On 2/23/2016 at 3:43 AM, chas gate said:

Hay are you guys looking for tester and or a map maker.

since the eden edittor cam out if you give me the map templates i could get the buildings and the different things set up.

Also i could make bases

This also means i would need your buildings and i could could try and do it on the  maps o r template you give.

Hey Chas, as greatful as Im sure the rest of the team would be to hear of your offer, Im afraid to say that isnt exactly how map making works for arma terrains.

• Like 1

I understand and thats the kind of stuff i like to try and do. but damn i forgot ww2 only really had airial didint they

Well if you need a bug tester or anything to help call me or if you need a guy who know most anything about war (and no i dont own a phone) you can look me up also i have some old ww2 map sources if needed

Also thanks for the map leek lol thanks though as said ever need me call me

http://wwii-photos-maps.com/

also will there be stuff like v2s and special wonder waffe

Should these guys look like the ones I've seen in the screenshots a few pages back or are you still working with placeholder textures?

We have not released an update of the mod since the initial release, so yes, they are still placeholders.

also will there be stuff like v2s and special wonder waffe

They aren't planned, and I find it unlikely that they will be done, especially something like the V2, which does not fit into the scope of Arma3's sizes.

Hey Chas, as greatful as Im sure the rest of the team would be to hear of your offer, Im afraid to say that isnt exactly how map making works for arma terrains.

As for the design of bases, if we were to make one, like the rest of our mod, we would try to recreate them according to original designs, stuff like old blueprints of fortifications, actual battle maps and aerial surveillence taken during the war.

For example, this is a map of the Juno landings on d-day. It is so clear that you are able to clearly define buildings and structures alike. 

Juno-Beach.jpg

Once again, greatful for your offer as we may be unfortunentely this is not how terrain modding works :(

I would freaking LOVE to see Juno Beach as a map in arma 3!

• Like 2

The 'wonder weapons' are way beyond our scope of implementation, as only a few actually got out of the prototype stage into use and even then scale-of-issue wise were invisible to the common infantryman. In addition to this, they were vary rarely used in the tactical role as this mod seeks to display. Although V2s were used at the operational level by the Germans against troop concentrations, you can count the number of uses on two hands in one battle, so we're not going to mod one in just for that, or any of that 'secret weapons' bollocks EA seemed to think were available in 1942...

What you'll be getting is boggo standard infantry kits for all sides, and considering that very few 'special' units existed to start with, means there is little to no point in modelling special kit in when the special units used boggo standard kit anyway. The only differences between a paratrooper and a regular infantryman in the British Army, for example, is the headwear and the furniture on some of the small arms, and even then you wouldn't notice the difference unless you know the time period inside out. We'll be including some variation for units, but at the same time, not catering to every individuality, otherwise we'll be modding until the end of time.

• Like 2

Can i ask which kind of vehicles are you going to include first?

If I can spend a suggestion I will suggest to do the same kind of vehicles for all the factions. To better explain me it's a bit difficult to arrange TvT matches if a side has not tanks and the other can field pz4,tigers and panthers. I would like to see (to start with) a medium tank for all sides(pz4 ausf g/h ,Sherman 75\76 mm,Cromwell 75mm) same with halftracks,AT guns and so on.i know it's a lot of work and at the end it's up to you what to release first,mine it's only a suggestion for the sake of TvT Matches

Can i ask which kind of vehicles are you going to include first?

If I can spend a suggestion I will suggest to do the same kind of vehicles for all the factions.

The first vehicles to be made are likely going to be basic transport for the factions. (Car and Truck) From there on it will be expanded, when this will take place I cannot say. 

Will we see ju52 and para planes to or are we only getting fighters when they are made. if so what kind of planes can we expect.

Will we see ju52 and para planes to or are we only getting fighters when they are made. if so what kind of planes can we expect.

We are focusing on the ground. There is no list for planes yet.

As Nico said, we're focusing purely on boggo standard infanteers for our first full and substantive release. No Paras, no Commandos, no Fallscrimjager, no Rangers. Just Tommy, Fritz and Hank, in their basic infantry kit, as hundreds of thousands of them wore for the day to day waging of the Normandy Campaign.

The vehicle list we have has everything from static machine guns up to heavy tanks on it, but we're only working on the infantry's vehicles for the initial release. This means trucks and APCs, Jeeps and Kubelwagens. You may even get a few tow-able anti-tank guns thrown in at some point. Instead of speculating, stay tuned to this thread. We'll keep you updated!

Thanks
Matt

to be fare even with just the standard infantry gear thats gonna be a tonne of content especially with the three different nations. i'm raring to go for when the commonwealth gets released  :D