Yes, Hms Campbeltown  :) In order to destroy the largest dry dock in eastern europe, the only one large enough to hold the tirpitz :3

First part is right. Second part is 90% inaccurate.

The HMS Campbeltown took part in the St. Nazaire raid in 1942, used to ram and destroy the drydocks. This occured on the Western coast of France.

On 2/1/2016 at 8:42 PM, Hate said:

First part is right. Second part is 90% inaccurate.

The HMS Campbeltown took part in the St. Nazaire raid in 1942, used to ram and destroy the drydocks. This occured on the Western coast of France.

Sorry, meant to say western Europe, I keep mixing them two up Anyway, the only other dock available was in Norway so it was a huge inconvenience to the Germans and ended up rendering the Tirpitz useless

Am i right in thinking one of the captured British officers was taken on bored the vessel while it was still ticking away and didn't say a word about the bomb to the Germans and thus got blown up when it detonated?

On 2/1/2016 at 10:37 PM, wildcatbridge65 said:

Am i right in thinking one of the captured British officers was taken on bored the vessel while it was still ticking away and didn't say a word about the bomb to the Germans and thus got blown up when it detonated?

Well, you're close. The captured officer was walked alongside the ship, knowing fully well that the explosives hadn't gone off and the consequence of being in the blast radius if it were to go off at any moment.

But German memorabilia collectors were killed as a result of the blast, as they were on the ship at the time. No brit was killed by the Campbelltown exploding though.

Ah fair enough. I have to admit some of the stories you hear from that war, defies belief what people were like. It makes me sad that i was borne too late to have properly met any of them. My praise goes out to the war Chronicles teem for putting the effort in to give us that chance to connect with that generation. Even though its impossible to get close to how they actually lived it.

On 2/4/2016 at 4:12 AM, phantom3013 said:

Lastly I know you guys probably have your hands full but maybe.... maybe, you guys can add some WW2 commando style gear. Something like this?

Specialized units such as commandos, pathfinders or anything along those lines would be much further down the line. But for the foreseeable future, we have no plans

A bit of an incompatibility report (sorta); in the current version, this mod turns various UNSUNG helmets invisible.

A bit of an incompatibility report (sorta); in the current version, this mod turns various UNSUNG helmets invisible.

Not much we can do about that. Sorry.

tell me what would you do if i found a way to get you the i44 team to help or ifi i could get there assets. could you use them

So... Just to be clear this mod is still in active devopment?

Yeah, why not?

tell me what would you do if i found a way to get you the i44 team to help or ifi i could get there assets. could you use them

Could you elaborate a bit? Because it sounds like ripping...

We're still going. We're just slower than I'd like :D

We're still going. We're just slower than I'd like :D

Don't worry about it mate, we are here to support you anyway we can!

We are still active, just most of us are a bit burnt out and need to deal with RL issues. As we always say if you know anyone who can assist point them my way.

well ill try and im trying to find the assets and the old i 44 team people say they still are working on the conversion secrtly i just want to help due to the situation.

also is there a way to use the ifa3 mod as a refrence for the germans like using there assets or is that team like the i 44 team.

if you think you can use the ifa3 assets than ill ask a friend who helped me get it to work for current version.

P.S sorry i suck at spelling / typing on a key bourd.

• Like 1

well ill try and im trying to find the assets and the old i 44 team people say they still are working on the conversion secrtly i just want to help due to the situation.

also is there a way to use the ifa3 mod as a refrence for the germans like using there assets or is that team like the i 44 team.

if you think you can use the ifa3 assets than ill ask a friend who helped me get it to work for current version.

P.S sorry i suck at spelling / typing on a key bourd.

We would need permission from the original artists to use them. You cant just take someone elses work and use it, unless its open sources or you have creditable permission. Its kind of shitty to use someone elses work.

We are still active, just most of us are a bit burnt out and need to deal with RL issues. As we always say if you know anyone who can assist point them my way.

I have said multiple times on this topic I would like to help you but I never got an answer. I can mostly do scripting stuff. Also have you seen this guy, maybe you want to work with him: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187768-wip-westwall-germany-1945/

We would need permission from the original artists to use them. You cant just take someone elses work and use it, unless its open sources or you have creditable permission. Its kind of shitty to use someone elses work.

sorry took wrong way i mean i have a friend who is a dev on that mod or was idk any more but ya then you could call the dev team of iron front they could give you a good base also yo ucan ask about the unsung dev team they have ww2 weapons butifull as hell

I've been dying to see one of these mods so please dont give up!

We already have a release, its on the 1st page for download.

I have said multiple times on this topic I would like to help you but I never got an answer. I can mostly do scripting stuff. Also have you seen this guy, maybe you want to work with him: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187768-wip-westwall-germany-1945/

I have already contacted this guy and hes not interested in combined effort.

Sadly everytime someone try to do a WWII mod everyone split and it's never possible to team up.Since I44 times...

why not to join effort? too much primadonnas  maybe

Sadly everytime someone try to do a WWII mod everyone split and it's never possible to team up.Since I44 times...

why not to join effort? too much primadonnas  maybe

Or maybe they can do what they want with their free time and work with whoever they want ?