Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Thanks Mack, good read.

nope no access ( just blank)

you can also look for units from VBS in Arma 3 ;)

What in the blazez are you talking about Pure?

that sentence doesnt make any sence, does it? :D

What I wanted to express is: It is very likely that some of the units in VBS could be used in Arma 3 aswell, so looking in the vbs library to get an idea of what units could be represented in Arma 3 might be interesting. yeah thats what i wanted to say ^^

Now that its said that VBS will use the updated RV engine aswell, i hope the similarities of these products produce benefits for Arma 3 and the engine. (Teams can work closer together-exchange achievements/improvements)

Btw. : Is someone here registered to the BISimulations Forum ?

Edited by PurePassion

RV3 = ArmA2. RV4 = ArmA3.

So what engine does the current vbs2 use. Is it going to be upgraded or something? I'm kinda lost.

I really hope vbs2 features seep into arma 3. the "improved vehicle damage" goal alone has me considering buying vbs2 if it weren't for the fact that I have no clue how you actually purchase it.

VBS2 = RV2, which is what ArmA1 uses. They differ significantly though from the RV engines in ArmA.

You can contact a BIS sales rep for a price quote.

Ah I see. Thanks for that clarification. Now when they say vbs2 is going to use RV3 rendering they essentially mean vbs2 will have the same kind of graphics as arma 2. am I correct?

Yes, amongst other things like multithreading, etc (which is a big deal, its pretty easy to get VBS2 to chug since it can only support one CPU).

does VBS2 support arma 2 RVMATs , and, will an ArmA 2 unit addon work with VBS2? If not, are there any steps I can take?

No idea where else to post a question like this.

I do not think so, for both. The unit skeletons are different in VBS2 and so is the shader and materials support.

Have you guys seen this video?

8Jw_hW6rQ2w

That explosion at 0:20 scared the hell outta me, I really was not expecting for that...

MedEvac and vehicle recovery... really... have no words to describe how I like the way VBS does it.

Also, nice RTT in the mirrors.

Operative;2054386']That explosion at 0:20 scared the hell outta me' date=' I really was not expecting for that...[/quote']

Same thing here. Is that terrain deformation?

Same thing here. Is that terrain deformation?
Its a crater model, like in ACE.

Its both.

If you bomb the same piece of ground again and again it gradually drops

Increased terrain detail and dynamic grid

Realistic vehicle damage (remeber that truck without a door at E3 presetation?)

Support for many more AI entities

Can we take these for granted for A3? Hope so.

Can you europeans acess http://nato.vbs2.com ? Is that a Lite version of VBS2 for anyone or just military personel?

This link works for me now, I think u guys should see a web page now when you click the link!:)

Edited by BobcatBob

yes, working now :)

Excellet! those Graphics seem to be looking a bit better than the usual VBS2 fare, maybe there from the 2.0 version (I now they're going to demo it at ITSEC soon so it must be somewhat presentable)

Oh looks theirs an invitation to I/ITSEC both 1040 for the latest VBS advancements.

Do not quote videos!

Same here!

Hopefully some of the PE guys might go

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!

What do you mean?

They have been using ArmA2 and now ArmA3 pics and vids for showing off VBS2 for a while now, even though its still on RV2, and wont get RV3 till next summer (and wont get RV4 till ????).