Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

At about 15 seconds into the video it looks like it might be on the monitor in the background (looks like the same orange UI buttons) but later during the demo portion it looks like they have switched the screen over to a feed from the SMAW simulator.

Edited by Loyalguard

Yeah that's VBS2 at first behind that talking dude. Not sure about later but I recognize Takistani walls I think (maybe modified VBS2?)

It's VBS2 the entire time actually. Notice after he presses the fire button near the very end, how the target bursts into flames. The same semi crappy always repeating flames you see in OA.

Looking at that video again, yeah, it is VBS2. It looks like they've added some snazzy interface stuff via Fusion, though.

It's VBS2 the entire time actually. Notice after he presses the fire button near the very end, how the target bursts into flames. The same semi crappy always repeating flames you see in OA.

That´s why I thought it was. But how they track the SMAW there? With something like TrackIR, built-in accelerometer or...?

Shouldn't be too hard I'd imagine. After all, the Wii/PS3/etc. have the ability. I can't tell, but maybe was there a wire leading away from the launcher, plugged into something off screen? If not, could have been anything from TrackIR, to a laser pointer. As all the buttons etc. worked and it fired on screen when he pressed the button, I'm thinking it was probably wired up, or had a little wireless package installed.

yeah the VBS ones are fairly bigger. :)

Anyways, looking in VBS for new stuff for Arma is always a good idea ;)

Anyone have a weapons classname list for what weapons are in VBS2 Lite U.S. Army?

Increased terrain detail and dynamic grid

Realistic vehicle damage (remeber that truck without a door at E3 presetation?)

Support for many more AI entities

Can we take these for granted for A3? Hope so.

Can you europeans acess http://nato.vbs2.com ? Is that a Lite version of VBS2 for anyone or just military personel?

No access to VBS2 NATO for me either.

I found this presentation while trying to find the VBS2 v.1.60 revised expected release date.