1 hour ago, Highlander said:

(Where can I donate)

If you head to the first page of the Ravage thread you will see where Haleks has put his Paypal and Patreon page links, (they're at the bottom) feel free to give those a tap and donate! (I also never properly welcomed you to the thread) May your days surviving be long and your loot findings prosperous! Welcome to the Ravage thread mate! :welcome:  🙂

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

If you head to the first page of the Ravage thread you will see where Haleks has put his Paypal and Patreon page links, (they're at the bottom) feel free to give those a tap and donate! (I also never properly welcomed you to the thread) May your days surviving be long and your loot findings prosperous! Welcome to the Ravage thread mate! :welcome:  🙂

Thanks a million!

Cheers

Franky

• Like 1

Hey, does anyone know where the radiation script is located? Where can I edit the size and number of radiation areas?

I ended up having an entire east coast of Chernarus flooded with radiation. And I really don't want to chug down anti-rads all the way. :smileee:

• Like 1

@RZNUNKWN you should be able to edit all the things you’re talking about within the editor itself, under the Ravage modules in “Atmosphere” for Ravage I believe it asks you if you want Radiation zones, put that to “No” and then within the Ravage Modules you can place your own Rad zones, sizes of them, also by stacking bigger zones a top one another you can make the Radiation zones more potent. Best of luck! Happy editing! 😁

(Also the debug module gives you the option to show where the Rad zones are.)

• Like 2

@MuRaZorWitchKING - I know that one, but I'm not looking to completely disable the radiation zones, just to lower the number of it. 

And placing the rad zones myself would be no fun because... I would know where they are. 😁

I want just a little less zones, cuz I'm soaking in radiation right now in my scenario xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RZNUNKWN said:

And placing the rad zones myself would be no fun because... I would know where they are. 😁

Maybe not. ^^

It's possible to create a dynamic radiation zone, meaning a zone that will randomly move across the map....you'll never know where it will strike next!

I'll post a wee video example later today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EO said:

Maybe not. ^^

It's possible to create a dynamic radiation zone, meaning a zone that will randomly move across the map....you'll never know where it will strike next!

I'll post a wee video example later today. 

If it's moving, can it enter the 'no radiation zone'? I have a couple of these placed (because of static traders).

• Like 1

Yeah man, once I post the example you can easily tweak it so it doesn't mess with your "no radiation zones"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So there are probably a million other ways to create a moving rad zone, but this is my method...

Create a rad zone trigger name it rad1.

Place down a unit, name it r1, give this unit some predefined move waypoints or alternatively use BIS_fnc_taskPatrol in the units init, lastly open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model. 

Place down another unit, name it r2, set the units Health/Armor slider to 0%, then open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model.  

Place down a game logic trigger...

Condition: !alive r2

On Activation: rad1 attachto [ r1, [0,0,0]];

On mission start, the game logic trigger will attach the rad zone (rad1) to the unit (r1) when unit (r2) is dead. It will also hide both r1 and r2 models. 

This creates a moving rad zone that will move around the map depending on which method you've used for r1.

In this video example r1 and r2 haven't been hidden in order to show how this set-up works.

:goodnight:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, EO said:

So there are probably a million other ways to create a moving rad zone, but this is my method...

Totally using this as well, never thought of something like this. It’s like it simulates the wind blowing the radioactive particulates around. AWESOME! ☢️

• Like 1

Ravage v0.1.70 is out!

As reported earlier, some parts of the mod have been significantly optimized, especially the vehicles, wrecks and furnitures spawn systems. I also reverted the config changes on light sources : if you want to disable them, use the atmosphere module. You can disable all lights on the map; this will slightly increase loading times, but that should be the only issue. Keep in mind : the Derelict mod will disable all lights no matter what - I might update it later. Here's the full changelog :

Tweaked :
AutoWalk now works when a weapon is equipped.
Improved Breathfog script.
Dynamic static wrecks are assigned a vehicleVarName.
Optimized Vehicles and wrecks spawns.
Settings Module : dynamic anim speed is now optional.
Various improvements and optimizations to the dynamic furnitures system.
Enabled Dead Rising on the Altis demo mission.
Enabled Dirty Uniforms on the Altis demo mission.
"walk with lowered rifle" anim speed increased.
Removed redundant check in zed attack process.
Fixed :
Fixed a potential issue with the dynamic furnitures system.
Fixed undefined variable when searching an object.
Zeds could get stuck in attack loops.
Fixed several issues with zed attacks on vehicles.
'Dead Rising' wasn't 100% working when set to "killed by zeds only".
New :
Added wetsuits w/ hidden fins (Survival Suits).
Added new uniforms by EO.
Atmosphere Module : 'Disabled Lights' is now optional and has a range parameter.
Credits :
Special thanks to EO, MurazorWitchKing, Tourist & David Deana for their support.

Have fun everyone!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, EO said:

Create a rad zone trigger name it rad1.

Place down a unit, name it r1, give this unit some predefined move waypoints or alternatively use BIS_fnc_taskPatrol in the units init, lastly open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model. 

Place down another unit, name it r2, set the units Health/Armor slider to 0%, then open the units Special States tab and uncheck Show Model.  

Place down a game logic trigger...

Condition: !alive r2

On Activation: rad1 attachto [ r1, [0,0,0]];

On mission start, the game logic trigger will attach the rad zone (rad1) to the unit (r1) when unit (r2) is dead. It will also hide both r1 and r2 models. 

This creates a moving rad zone that will move around the map depending on which method you've used for r1.

In this video example r1 and r2 haven't been hidden in order to show how this set-up works.

:goodnight:

Just place rad1 attachto [ r1, [0,0,0]]; in the init box of the hidden AI that work too.

I also recommend to not use the BIS_fnc_taskPatrol cause on a map with a lot of mountain, rock or fence the hidden AI will be stuck somewhere, its better to set cycle waypoint (full speed, careless) and avoid any obstacle (rock, fence, high mountain, town...).

I say that cause i encounter issue on Malden and Napf by using the BIS_fnc_taskPatrol function.

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Have fun everyone!

You betcha!!

...the ultimate survival suit?

• Like 3

Hiho folks,

I 've been looking into the whole lights and light switch topic lately and since this was a topic here recently, figured I could share my take on it.

Features:

- dynamic light switch per player that checks for defined light-sources in near proxy

- "Switch Light On/Off" add-action shows up when near a light-source.

- switches the light on or off, depending if it is currently on or off

- checks for nearby power source - in this case a generator. If none nearby, it cannot switch on light (not specifically relevant to the discussion here but nice option imo).

scripts used:

in "initplayerlocal.sqf":

Spoiler

execvm "DistLight.sqf";
execvm "lightSwitchOnOff.sqf":

in  "DistLight.sqf";

Spoiler

while {alive player} do
{
private _lampArr = nearestObjects [player, ["Lamps_base_F"],4];
_count = count _lampArr;

if (_count > 0) then
      {
            _lamp = _lampArr select 0;
            __lampPos = getposATL _lamp;

VABB_PlNearLight = true;

}
      else
      {
      VABB_PlNearLight = false;
      };
sleep 1.5;
};

in "lightSwitchOnOff.sqf":

Spoiler

player addAction
[
    "Switch Light On/Off",
    {
          params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId", "_arguments"];

private _genObj = nearestObject [player, "Land_Portable_generator_F"];
          private _distGen = player distance _genObj;
          private _LampObjArr = nearestObjects [player, ["Lamps_base_F"],4];
          private _Lamp = _LampObjArr select 0;
          private _dmg = damage _Lamp;

switch (_dmg >=0.9) do
              {
              case true: {
      //          if (_distGen > 10) exitwith {  hint "No Power Source";}; // delete comments to include generator/power sourcecheck
                _Lamp setdamage 0; };
              case false: { _Lamp setdamage 0.9;};
              };

},
    [],
    true,
    true,
    "",
    "VABB_PlNearLight",
    false,
    "",
    ""
];

I hope this helps someone or gives some ideas;)

Cons:

this is putting a 2 second interval loop on all connected clients. I am assuming that this might come with a performance penalty in populated servers or if used with multiple other scripts.

I would love to hear your experience on that topic, should we in general avoid such loopers (while .. do)?

The dynamic aspect of it (adding it to all players and with checks if a light-source is near all 2 sec) was needed to allow me to add light-switches to light-sources added via base-building mid-mission and due to the fact that I can not save custom variables yet.

Alternatively I am thinking about to just using Haleks' version to detect light-sources and add the add-action to all returned objects on mission start in combination with adding the add-action to every placed light-source when building it.

EDIT: working on a type/parent based solution that will consider all lamps, rather than specific classnamed. To be updated tomorrow;) 

EDIT2: This now works for all lamps type "Lamps_base_F".

Cheers

VD

Edited by Vandeanson
updated to include all type of lamps "Lamps_base_F"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

...the ultimate survival suit?

In that suit, even I would survive the apocalypse.

😉

• Haha 1

Is there something I can add to the items unit so it's prevented from being deleted at the beginning of the scenario? (Juat not the item, not container)

1 hour ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Is there something I can add to the items unit so it's prevented from being deleted at the beginning of the scenario? (Juat not the item, not container)

Not sure what you’re asking mate, are you referring to the “addItemCargo” Or are you actually placing items in the inventory with the inventory editor menu’s?

11 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Not sure what you’re asking mate, are you referring to the “addItemCargo” Or are you actually placing items in the inventory with the inventory editor menu’s?

Weapons and items, like aid kits, binocs, mags, weapons get deleted upon starting the scenario. Is there a way to prevent this? Should I add something in the items init, some rvg function to prevent it from being deleted at the beginning of the scenario? (Note: items are not near me, it's an abandoned base)

Also, was there some kind of EH we could use to paste into the zombie module to make them a little bit more squishy? Like, killed from 2 shots from a handgun?

v2 showcase with a add-action that would work on all light-sources. increased the distance check to 15 meters in this showcase to also include taller lamps. Also the requirement to have a power source nearby is removed from this showcase.

The scripts above are updated fyi.

Cheers

VD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

(Note: items are not near me, it's an abandoned base)

Are the items within a crate or other storage unit? Or are they just being set on the ground? 

(If items are being set on the ground itself, Ravage is going to definitely delete them because it believes it all is garbage collection. Which it is, because too many dropped items on the ground will definitely have an impact on performance.)

if the items are on the ground and you want “ground loot” you’ll have to have a different cleanup system.

Regarding the EH that’s a good question for Haleks! 

Hope I was some form of help! 

Cheers! :thumb:

Survival suit hide helmets (cause it's a wetsuit without fins), there is a way to overcome this problem?

4 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Weapons and items, like aid kits, binocs, mags, weapons get deleted upon starting the scenario. Is there a way to prevent this? Should I add something in the items init, some rvg function to prevent it from being deleted at the beginning of the scenario? (Note: items are not near me, it's an abandoned base)

Also, was there some kind of EH we could use to paste into the zombie module to make them a little bit more squishy? Like, killed from 2 shots from a handgun?

Usually, when you want something to be left alone by Ravage, use the "rvg_owned" variable :

this setvariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

56 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

Survival suit hide helmets (cause it's a wetsuit without fins), there is a way to overcome this problem?

Yeah I know, sadly the 3d model doesn't have a helmet proxy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Usually, when you want something to be left alone by Ravage, use the "rvg_owned" variable :

this setvariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

Yeah I know, sadly the 3d model doesn't have a helmet proxy.

Thanks! Can i ask one thing, did you consider to do a "rising from underground" animation to spawn zombies? It would be awesome!

And thanks for your job, for updating often!

Regarding newly added Survival Suits, are we to treat them as they are, a wetsuit minus the fins?

Would you consider adding them to the antirads_uniforms list, or maybe even raise the armour values a little more?....i'm willing to suspend my disbelief.

I made a wee private patch for one of the Survival Suits HitPoints, gives it a little more ballistic and explosive resistance...

Spoiler

Original:

QDBX1j4.jpg

Patched:

2IX7See.jpg

• Like 5

@haleks Thanks a lot for this new update !

However, since updating I keep seeing this kind of error alert, apparently each time a vehicle/wreck is spawned :

Pbz95MM.png

Is it just me ?

• Like 1