I found a bug!

When I tried to sell my pistol from the pistol slot, I couldn't, but I got the money for it, and I could sell it countless times, and it wouldn't disappear from the inventory. Same with the primary weapon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Argh! I thought I fixed that! D:

I'll take a look at it. Again. T_T

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boyce05 said:

You are a legitimate legend, any clue where in the scripting I can find the pricing, I would like to tinker. Also anyone know why this isnt uploaded to the steam workshop?

Hi, I think, from what I saw in code, price is defined by weapon mass, but I'm not 100% sure. @haleks should confirm that.

And Haleks doesn't agree with EULA or smth like that.

Oh also, are the RHS weapons already added? I would like to customise what comes up at the trader

Ah I see thanks @Hans(z) Its a shame I would much like to fiddle with the items. Oh well. Im working on a RP server for this called RisenRP, and I am just trying to make it more balanced.

Ok I am also putting down AI with the script in their ini, however I get no option to trade which is odd

@boyce05

hmmm, that is odd.

You're playing as BluFor, and you placed BluFor as the trader?

18 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@boyce05

hmmm, that is odd.

You're playing as BluFor, and you placed BluFor as the trader?

@FireWalkerPlaying as Civ, put down a civ trader 

ok, never tried that combo. You'll have to wait for one of the others to respond.     -I don' t see why it wouldn't work though.

Only thing that i could think of would be if you lowered you're rating by killing some BluFor or Civ's before you tried trading with them..  Not sure if that matters for traders though.

You could try adding:    

player addRating 20000;

in your initPlayer.sqf   file (if you have one)     That would allow you a least one friendly kill, probably.

5 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

ok, never tried that combo. You'll have to wait for one of the others to respond.     -I don' t see why it wouldn't work though.

Only thing that i could think of would be if you lowered you're rating by killing some BluFor or Civ's before you tried trading with them..  Not sure if that matters for traders though.

You could try adding:    

player addRating 20000;

in your initPlayer.sqf   file (if you have one)     That would allow you a least one friendly kill, probably.

I mean the problem is that I am making a Rp server so everyone is the same faction, including zombies, I mean I can rework it so it is a blufor faction. 

Ok so I basically didnt put down the ai module. However the menu still wouldnt let me buy or sell anything. Also, I have 0 interest of the patrol feature/roaming ai, is there anyway to remove this without disabling traders. An answer to either question is valuable, thanks. 

Yep, you'll need to hold out for Haleks or others.  I don't typically use traders or any friendly forces for that matter, so you're over my pay grade.

4 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Yep, you'll need to hold out for Haleks or others.  I don't typically use traders or any friendly forces for that matter, so you're over my pay grade.

No worries. I have IniDbi2 to work out aswell if your feeling friendly XD

On 10/8/2017 at 3:29 AM, Evil Organ said:

1. Place down the Ravage AI module.

2. Place down a unit. (preferably a blufor or civilian)

3. Add this code to the init of unit...

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];  // this is for an arms trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];  // this is for a gear trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];  // this is for a supplies trader

If you want the trader to remain static, uncheck Enable Simulation. (found in the unit's Objects: Special States)

Edit...Oops, just noticed Fire's post which links a solution. :razz:

Wow just noticed this post, is there a way that you can make it so that the trader has different items each day that passes?

If haleks doesn't know that is fine, but does anyone else know?

G'day Haleks,

Thanks for your response. It would be good if the health/thirst/hunger display could be placed in the main view instead of inventory one day, but I'm sure you have more important issues to deal with at the moment.

I have another question though. I have been playing purely with Vanilla, CBA and Ravege. I am playing on Tanoa.  I have noticed if I get close to a natural source of water ie a river/stream or the ocean with an empty water bottle and try to fill it, I get the Message "There is no water around". This occurs even if I am standing in the water.

If I place any of the water providing objects ie. Water tanks, water bladder, water cooler. etc. I am able to fill the water bottle.

I have placed the optional apex file into the addon folder. Is there something else I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boyce05 said:

Ok so I basically didnt put down the ai module. However the menu still wouldnt let me buy or sell anything. Also, I have 0 interest of the patrol feature/roaming ai, is there anyway to remove this without disabling traders. An answer to either question is valuable, thanks. 

For hand placed traders, you have to enable at least one of the roaming factions in the AI module to activate and interact with said trader.

Tried doing a couple more Rusty guns since I noticed Apex weapons arent EBOd anymore.

I'll keep fiddling and see if there is some good one to add...

lTIpqEU.jpg

5CqK2Ls.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

If I place any of the water providing objects ie. Water tanks, water bladder, water cooler. etc. I am able to fill the water bottle.

4 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

For hand placed traders, you have to enable at least one of the roaming factions in the AI module to activate and interact with said trader.

When I first tried, I left it default to see what would happen. I got the menu, but no items were for sale (which I would also like to be able to configure.)

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

Tried doing a couple more Rusty guns since I noticed Apex weapons arent EBOd anymore.

I'll keep fiddling and see if there is some good one to add...

lTIpqEU.jpg

5CqK2Ls.jpg

What mod are you using for the exploding heads, Im using bloodlust but cant seem to find that in there

• Like 1

@wansec_6: drinking from water surfaces like rivers isn't supported ATM, there're way too many variables to deal with and not all terrains use the same techs (ponds etc).

@lv1234: traders will have different supplies if you get far enough from them (can't remember the exact distance treshhold), but having that happening on a daily basis would make more sense. I'll see if I can tweak that.

13 minutes ago, haleks said:

@wansec_6: drinking from water surfaces like rivers isn't supported ATM, there're way too many variables to deal with and not all terrains use the same techs (ponds etc).

@lv1234: traders will have different supplies if you get far enough from them (can't remember the exact distance treshhold), but having that happening on a daily basis would make more sense. I'll see if I can tweak that.

Is there a way to just add a trader, not constant other roaming ai, also can I customise what they sell>

17 minutes ago, boyce05 said:

Is there a way to just add a trader, not constant other roaming ai, also can I customise what they sell>

Just tested:

You need to put down the Ambient AI module if you want these to work:

12 hours ago, lv1234 said:

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];  // this is for an arms trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];  // this is for a gear trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];  // this is for a supplies trader

If you don't want AI to spawn, just set everything to 0 or Off.

This way you can place traders manually.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnDeaD. said:

Just tested:

You need to put down the Ambient AI module if you want these to work:

If you don't want AI to spawn, just set everything to 0 or Off.

This way you can place traders manually.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this one but I answered this a few posts ago...  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3245020

You can't interact with a hand-placed trader if you turn everything off in the AI module, you have to enable at least one roaming faction in order to activate and interact with a static trader.